Users

Frequent Posters

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 238

"ek kha loonga."

his eyes were on her, in them the spark of a need, an elemental need. an insurmountable need. for her. for her as she is... giggling, chirping, sloshing golgappa water, rushing about in her joy feeding people, full of life, energy, vibrant... sunshine girl with a twist of sanka.

how badly he needed her.

he couldn't keep on resisting her.

even if she were a home wrecker.

he so needed to taste her, all of her, crunchy, sweet, sour, hot, spicy... he wants to be driven crazy by her.

now. right now.

ek kha loonga.

i'll eat one.

what a no frills, straight from the gut submission. to his need. call it love call it lust call it attraction, call it what you will, a part of the shatir man knows, he needs her... to live.

this one line did it for me in this episode. it was the episode really for me.

there were tense moments as bua ji urged khushi to "khabao" one golgappa to damad ji. with alacrity both khushi and asr reacted. both entered their inner recesses almost leaving the table and all that was around.

thoughts went racing through the man... a yearning he has kept away for weeks, more than a month. from all those days ago, when full of hope and a new sensation he had flirted, "baat karni hai," he had said. 

he had slowly savoured the moments since he had felt that heartbeat race and said "khushi!" at last understanding things... his golgappa moments almost, a little sweet, a little sour, a little hot... walking up to her, confusing her, reveling in that confusion, being told everything was his fault, being a waiter with her, choosing a saree for her from a distance playing a game of telephone, giving her a handkerchief and telling her to meet him so he could talk to her, arousing with a bindi, walking slowly up to her feeling his heart race knowing hers does too...

what was all that if not some of the crunchiest, most delicious moments of this lonely aloof man's life.

and then suddenly it was all over.

but baat karni hai he had said... that baat that stayed in his heart, despite the treachery in the dark.

he looked at bua ji, at khushi... and even as she said... "rrrahna di jiye na, bua ji..." let it be, bua ji, out came a line of untrammeled desire and need and pretty much struck me dead.

"ek kha loonga..."

he doesn't eat golgappa, too hot, and he really can't open his mouth so wide, he said in the most natural way to his ma in law who wanted to make him a one... such a small thing... but it seemed to unnerve the tycoon. he even admitted carrying digestive pills his mami had given him, amusing all present. he resisted with all his might while his wife opened her mouth very very wide and had one, two, three, oh who can keep count quantities of the stuff.

and then bua ji said the magic words, feed him one, girl.

from her hand, he would like to eat, to feel her touch in his mouth, his lips, his tongue... fed like a child, like a lover... she is stunned. hey hey.

both know somewhere what this is really about...bua ji looks at asr keenly, she can sense something. and though hesitant, confused, in a dhakdhak herself, khushi gets up.

he follows her with his eyes. tell me this man is just acting, he is not in love with this woman, he is not a wealthy businessman who is willing to adjust to anything because he adores his wife. tell me his heart is not thudding, his limbs are not aching for her. and when he looks at her, isn't there a question and desperate need in his eyes? he wants to be caressed by her, held by her... fed by her.

on her hands his mother's bangles, she holds that little golgappa, the story of their lives... a tenderness on her face as she feeds him, and he does open his mouth pretty wide... the ladies nudge and giggle, they can feel the romance. and maybe they are a little relieved too that the kids have stopped fighting.

and she leans forward, in the most intimate of gestures, she wipes his mouth with the edge of her palm... like  a trusting little boy he looks up at her... so lost they are in a feeling... he swallows and he does choke on the teekha...but he holds on.

"kaisan laga, babua!" how did you like it, asks the aunt. his eyes smarting, voice messed he replied, "achha hai..."

oh, he did enjoy himself so so much... and she could feel it, it even touched her, shook her deep inside, completely lost in each other for a wonderful moment where there is no one but them... hey hey heyheyhey.

other thoughts:
~ oh the smile as he watches her go bananas with her golgappa spree.

~ very natural and clever the way they started fighting again... a lovely man woman thing... you did it all for me, because you are regretting what you've done, you are accepting you are wrong. what! what nonsense... i have said sorry to bua ji and aunty, but you... huh. stop thinking you know how to read me... and stop dreaming. oh is that right, mister, wait, i'll show you. and so opens the door to let preeto's wedding into gh.

~ after days i saw him taking care of plants. would have been nice to have  abit of continuity, that little plant she brought along somewhere in the shot.

~ sanaya is too cute as khushi at times, all the expressions and childlike enthusiasm when preeto's mother comes and talk of wedding starts... and she and bua ji, what great chemistry.

~ "abhi abhi aapne apne do do beti ki shadi jo ki hai" you have just got two of your daughters married, both he and she are slightly churned by this. nice touch by director. must say, so many many things were thought through and detailed while portraying an emotion, maybe that's why the flaws in continuity and other things felt more glaring.

~ "mujhe bahut kaam hai... main andar jaa raha hoon... bua ji, i'm fine..." so cute, he can't take the madness.

~ "good morrning, bua ji," uff the morning voice, the crisp male smile at bua ji. okay next barun show, me auditioning for aunt. khushi is so natural and weird all wrapped up. a little leg pulling. "bua ji, ek aur kambal de dete toh mooh bhi dhak leti," if you'd given another blanket she could have covered her face, he jests.

he jests?

i am surprised. this is cold hard, i don't like noise, i have no time for silly things asr. oh such a lovely little break... the man is thawing somewhere amid all the madness. bua ji, in her unique loud way, avers, you can't tell looking at him he can crack a joke. did anyone notice how terribly spot on barun's reaction was at that moment?

~ why is this man so male, despite being so thin and slight, kills me.

~ i like how everything fits in nicely, his laptop, her dm, on the same desk, both their essential objects.

~ he turns to look at his swaddled wife. walks up... predatory... ready to flirt and floor the opposition. khushi the red nosed wife gives rudolph some hot competition. asr is delighted to unnerve her.

~ but soon enough of course he will be completely flabbergasted and chasing his wife asking what the. while she dances brandishing a ladle and he tries desperately to figure out who is preeto, what wedding and why  bua ji had said he is an understanding man.

khushi, khushi!! yeh sab kya ho raha hai?

This post is very beautiful and very very thoughtful.👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
Love the edits.
I couldn't help marking the every line of your stupendous review. 
I love your insightful way of describing Arnav's thoughts during gol gappa treat.  
Yes he need her, he so need to touch her, feel her. The way he was admiring lively and fun filled Khushi was clearly depicting that he was having hard time to control his emotions who were nudging him to senselessly kiss her( this gutter mind thought once came across my mind while watching this scene.) He too wants to be happy and enjoy this joyous and fun filled moment. Little things do matter to him. 
He couldn't open his mouth wide enough to have a gol gappa but for Khushi he opened up his mouth wide and relished khatta meetha theeka flavors. This scene is very touching and It holds great meaning too. Didn't he unknowingly tried to compromised in their marriage and accepted khushi's colorful and bitter sweet hard and soft shades and turns of life when he showed his will to taste the mouth watering gappas feeding by Khushi by saying "Ek kha longa", in other words "I could give it (marriage and their love) a chance" without giving any chance to Khushi to escape. For elders it was a romance and a lovely moment between young couple but for Arnav and Khushi it was again a test of their emotions and desires which could be arouse on a mere eye lock or touch, after all they are not ordinary couple held in a simple marriage bond, their relation couldn't be name. They so wanted to flow in the rhythm of their innocent, pure and deep love but they can't. Pain, anguish, distress, misunderstandings and most importantly lack of trust to open up and share their hearts always hold their steps. But this small love scene was enough to make Arnav so much delighted and happy that next morning he was in fun and mischievous mood. He happily wished buaji in sweetest way and make her smile. And to top it all up he makes Khushi nervous which he loves a lot. Barun and Sanayah did again a fantastic job as Arnav and Khushi.
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Indi 👏

This part of yours is so compelling and made me landing in his zone.It doesn't seem he is acting at all , it seems he is so much in desire to touch her and to be touched by her.Nothing matters in between there.Whatever she did and happened that night, is fading right now and even that wrapper will bring a lot at surface but these moments will be so precious than anything and that is why he didn't  want any explanation or whatever just HER."Khushi se door jane mein itni taqleef kyuon ho rahi hai" , that is the end of it .

both know somewhere what this is really about...bua ji looks at asr keenly, she can sense something. and though hesitant, confused, in a dhakdhak herself, khushi gets up. 

he follows her with his eyes. tell me this man is just acting, he is not in love with this woman, he is not a wealthy businessman who is willing to adjust to anything because he adores his wife. tell me his heart is not thudding, his limbs are not aching for her. and when he looks at her, isn't there a question and desperate need in his eyes? he wants to be caressed by her, held by her... fed by her. 

on her hands his mother's bangles, she holds that little golgappa, the story of their lives... a tenderness on her face as she feeds him, and he does open his mouth pretty wide... the ladies nudge and giggle, they can feel the romance. and maybe they are a little relieved too that the kids have stopped fighting.

and she leans forward, in the most intimate of gestures, she wipes his mouth with the edge of her palm... like  a trusting little boy he looks up at her... so lost they are in a feeling... he swallows and he does choke on the teekha...but he holds on.

"kaisan laga, babua!" how did you like it, asks the aunt. his eyes smarting, voice messed he replied, "achha hai..."

oh, he did enjoy himself so so much... and she could feel it, it even touched her, shook her deep inside, completely lost in each other for a wonderful moment where there is no one but them... hey hey heyheyhey.

They both are finding reasons to be close and to be touched or touch and that desire is gripping them each day and each moment.Since Heer Ranjha fight and all skit he is totally different and so is she because they both know the intensity of each other's emotions and just like he knows her care and loving side since the night he got sick though he thinks she was acting but not from his Dil side.She knows he does have "hamesha hamesha tum se..." though he completely denied it .This is the beauty of their relationship , they both know but they don't want to know and still want to hold on to each other.Just beautiful.
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Sohara 👏

When he finished unloading, khushi reminds him to get the plant out from the car. Arnav is surprised to see the plant in the car.

"I thought if you miss your plants here, so"

Arnav is amused to see her sensitivity. He meets her eyes with some hesitation and eventually delves into it, his relenting in echo of a vague surrender. He can't take off her eyes from her. The look of surprised pleasure on his face makes her eyes soften with tenderness. Both stares at each other for a while, try to feel each other. They know very well that they have some unexpressed emotions, enormous feelings between them, which is impenetrable and undecipherable.  A perfect rabba vey moment and the tune in piano makes the moment more enthralling. Khushi knows how much he is attached to his plants. To unite him with Lavanya she sold her only precious belonging of her mother and filled his office cabin with greeneries. That day he sure could sense that it was Khushi who did it, but my heart still lurches painfully that he never came to know about her sacrifice. If he would've known he could never called her a gold digger.

There is no doubt that these two hold a lot for each other ,and during GH that desire and urge becomes impossible to hold back.Their close proximity in bed and in their room or even in this environment made it possible for them to explore each other and actually know each other better.She finds his heart behind his hard shell which really beats for all and is soft and how this self made person is actually work at his best and he finds her pains which she hides behind her smile all the time for the sake of others and how she actually is keeping his appearance all the time up in front of others though her teasing nature or irritating nature which he is taking patiently.He knows why is she doing that.A lot of people finds GH very irritating and at some points it feels but it is the most meaning track ever but the way they directed it that make me angry.

Sohara , he did know those plants were from her and I think certain things they both were doing all the time for each other and without knowing about it.She never found it till Daadi mentioned it that he bought this GH for her to keep her and her family safe and peace of mind,He did threw the money on their faces that night but he knew she was in trouble for not getting paid after those sweets got rotten because of Mamiji .There are certain aspects of IPK are for us to understand the depth of relations, menings and emotions and I found it very captivated instead of getting frustrated.My pov completely.

I must say your gifs are bringing this whole episode as alive as it could be.

Edited by MehreenB - 10 years ago
Motif_Soul thumbnail
@arwen 
Hey Hey always appears  when their hearts are in content and he was smiling seeing her smiling and having fun at his expanse , her smile brings smile unintentionally on his face and that was a perfect hey hey moment.He was so much angry and she knew it and the moment she started playing water on him and had inner joy , his nerves relax over that sight.
He is not nasty to her because he knows why is she doing that.He will mention later" phele patwarta ka natak, phir mujhe satane ka aur ab bechari ka" But one thing wil change at the end of this trip.ASR will be a changed person.Guptas are and will be his family for hamesha.

It does give her a chance to have a little water sport with laad governor. Maybe everyone just likes him drenched. And even now her laughter as she enjoys spraying the water and her temporary victory have him feel happy too. One of the rare times or is it the only time when a hey hey hey seemed a bit forced. It is definitely possible but doesn't feel perfect that's all.. Amma complains to Payal how Khuhsi keeps troubling damaadji. I am left wondering he was being genuinely nice to her family and hasn't been very nasty to her either could she have called a truce for now? But some wounds aren't that easily healed.

And then at the peak of their courtship, at the brink of certainty of bliss had come his quiet, deadly, curt low voice.. "shaadi karni hogi..mujhse..abhi..6 mahine ke liye.". With her answers she slowly weaves the fantasy that she could only long for in reality. Continues to disarmingly smile for the sake of those wonderful dreams.. for the sake of her friends.. for the sake of her own sanity, self respect and also for the sake of her own Arnavji. Yes, the man she would love to hate. Tries desperately to be unconcerned about but just can't. Her own betraying heartbeat knowing it belongs to that one other who has ruthlessly crushed it. Even then it refuses to not be owned by that very man.

She can die for him and without complaint and he will know that selfness of hers later not now.She always cares about his pain and trouble and this all goofy acts are just to find the reason of this marriage.Nothing much.When she will find the reason, you will never see those acts and then what she says to him makes my heart ach"Jab aapko humari shakal dekhna hi nahin pasand to humari cheeson se ghire rehna kitna taqleef daita hoga" She still cares about his pain and forgetting hers and all of her insults which he gave her.

This is the first day when he is realizing what he did to her.A big moment which never occurred to him and that will shape his future decisions and his frustrations with his war within.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Mehereen thank you for reading... About the rabba vey I guess because I don't like the scene so much I can't connect with it this time. But absolutely agree that Arnav found happiness seeing her this happy and for him it was a rabba ve moment.
I always really like all your comments. very insightful! This scene in 240 was very touching. When she finds out the real reason I love how she handles it. She tries to makes things right. It was very sweet how she needed him to believe her. "Baat aapki hai isliye farak padta hai". Misunderstandings .. distrust between the most important person in your life and yourself.. its like a physical pain in your chest.. breathing becomes difficult. She forgets all her hurt and wants to make things ok for him. I loved how those scenes spoke of her love for her Arnavji. He had thought such a degrading low thing about her, made her suffer for no fault of her own, did not even bother asking her about it before reaching to conclusions and yet all she could think of was this man's pain. ❤️
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 238

Titliya rushes to share the happiness with everyone around. One golgappa for amma, one for buaji and finally even babuji. Surely this snack tastes much better thanks to the person who brought it. Does that trigger this excitement in her? He hides behind his cup. The smirk firmly in place. Looking away won't work we can see how delighted he is. Bitiya is too busy to notice but caring buaji and amma are desperate to feed the man. "Main golgappe nai khata.." cute cute and a little more cute.. "Hum ek banake dete hai". Loving ma and beta conversation. "bahut teekha hota hai aur mera muh bhi utna nai khulta".. Ooh bechare chote! Right then a shot of Khushi gobbling the teekha khana. No problem there with opening her mouth wide.. Digestion ki medicine not pachak churan.. Never do they let go of how ASR would talk in the way the dialogues are written. If golgappas were the aphrodisiac buaji is the cupid now..

Halfhearted attempt "inhe nahi khana hai toh.." He looks up with a dreamy piercing gaze. "ek kha lunga." I just loved him in this scene.Music decides to start going crazy we join right in. Khushi swallows and gets up. If he can't resist the temptation she has no thought at all of resistance. Gets up and starts walking to him. His lowered gaze follows her as she reaches him as if in a daze. He opens his mouth wide and she feeds him. But chote has some pani dribbling  down. She reaches to brush it way. Extremely gentle careful loving, as just Khushi can be with her Arnavji. He swallows and takes a moment to just stare at her. And she stares right back.

This scene is so romantic, but subtle at the same time. Barun and Sanaya together makes an ordinary scene romantic.

It is lovely how they themselves aren't completely aware of what goes on in their hearts. Why they react the way they do. No one in my family has ever asked me to do such a sweet thing as feed my husband a golgappa in front of everyone. I am wishing they did. Aww poor rhea. But Gupta women are so sweet, hai na.   It is remarkable how much space the Gupta household gave these two newlyweds. The rooms are smaller and more people cramped up in this space and yet Khushi and Arnav seem to have more interaction with each other.  Amma  and buaji smile, nudge and are extremely happy for their daughter while bitya and bitwa are shy.  Amazing expression by Barun as he acknowledges, "achcha hai". He is feeling the fire of the chillies and the sweetness of the biwi. Happiness, is this what it feels like?

Amma and buaji just stole my heart in this track.

Nighttime again. Only 2 days and so much has already happened. Why are you making this sarhi face looking at me exclaims she. Ate too many golgappas mumbles he. Why did you demands she? Actually I know why you did this and I forgive you. Very happy is she.  Busy folding clothes, arranging them in the cupboard, while talking to her husband who brings teekha chaptpata snacks to make up with her.  "aapko aapke kiye par pachtava hai..tabhi toh.." Ya right? Since you have no guilt about dragging him in a towel outside and then unintentionally irritating him till he missed his mother so much that he broke down, defintiely he would have guilt for yelling at you and dragging your family in. "tumne mujhe provoke kiya". I couldn't have phrased it better. "Although maine buaji aur aunty ko sorry bol diya hai".. Shatir Arnav. I think he brings it up because he does want her to know he is a good boy .. "uhh?" This once he left her speechless. "Aur ye kapre mere hai." takes away his clothes from her. How grown up he behaves around her! "uska apna matlab nikalna band karo Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. Zyada sapne mat dekha karo". Can't give her the satisfaction of knowing he did this all for her. That ASR ego which comes out to play with KKGSR often. Both haughty is their own way, unwillingly to give the upper hand to their better half for now. Surprisingly these are almost identical words to what he said while breaking her heart the Diwali night. Today it does not bring a storm of tears because they have been through so much since then. Fighting, hurting,  Shyam, misunderstandings, everything can try as hard as they might but love refuses to shut up and get out.

very well said.

He stands with a red mug watering the plants. My heart is melting. Something regimental in his lifestyle. All the chaotic feelings the khatta, teekha , meetha and finally to sooth himself this. This strange loud Lakshmi Nagar has become his home for now.  His  body language, slightly unkempt hair, rolled sleeves everything speaks of a sort of relaxation. He turns at the introduction. Polite nod of head and back to task at hand. The shadows from the street light playing interestingly on his features as his face is bent down intent on the task.  Slight turn of head at the mention of daughter's weddings. Does he remember how he must have gotten di married or is he thinking about Khushi and Payal? How my imagination flies thanks to the actor. Well more concrete for now is  another glimpse into regular problems. "Ameer hai toh kya humlog bhi kisi se kam nai".. Sanaya's voice is a tad unnaturally shrill or is that also my imagination? He walks away. The stubborn mosquitoes rush to the attack seeing his usual bodyguard Khushi not around. They could have joined hands with Sanaka devi on irritating Arnavji since they manage to do a great job of it. Enough to make him hunt around for the racket. It is his room he can pull open drawers and look around everywhere. Already at home here.

It's surreal that in couple of day arnav adapted the middle class life of Khushi. Loved how you described it. So her mission is successful. 

Again it is the thoughtful nurturing amma who thinks of damaadji and his comfort. A bit like her favourite parmeswari is her buaji. Both with their extra large loving hearts and own brand of craziness. So buaji in eagerness to help the troubled mother forgot about damaadji as well. In the background a bit muddled poor babua asks Khushi for the racket. Curt "nai hai". Still angry that all his effort wasn't for her. Typical girl wanting a show of extra care from her boy. Bitwa stands deep in thought about his AC. But rushes to assure buaji "I'll be fine.."   Khushi jumps in. It is her lucky day all over again as she gets to irritate that awful rude laal governer who didn't say sorry to her. Handles everything expertly. "Par aunty sochne ki koi baat hi nai hai".. Thumbs up to buaji before going back inside. Once the AC is on he thinks back. A hint of something fishy, but shrugs and lets go.

Nandini seems to be a nice decent actor. Very next door neighbourly earnest mother about to wed her daughter feel she has. "Arre bitiya kitni pyari ho tum!" Where else except your materinity home do you get to be this carefree and young again..

I don't have much to say about Babli and buaji except .. "Bhutwa ke hello hi and manorma ke bye bye !"

Anyone else notice the slight sway dance buaji does with the tea tray while in a sing song voice she greets babua? I didn't notice it. did she? she is too large, so can't understand when she moves and when she stands still.😆 He is smiling. Buaji is more comfortable around him. "Bhigi billiya ki tarah kahe chatur rahi ho?" If someday I have a writer's block and an unable to add one word of my own, I could simply transcribe every dialogue of the episode for that week. Maybe add in a bit of Barun accent and post it here. Lagi shart on how many likes that post would get?  Sanya looks adorable in that flowery printed sheet, rolling her eyes and trembling while sipping tea. "buaji ek aur kambal de dete toh muh bhi dhak leti" in a very Barun accent. Arnav Singh Raizada joking freely with khushi's buaji? I should be pinching myself to wake up now. Over zealous buaji almost scares babua for a minute there as she compliments him on his humor.. Err I think it is a compliment when someone says "Bahut mazakiya ho babua.. Dekhne se nai lagte"

i loved the scene. it was Barun in the scene, not ASR. I specially liked his startled expression when buaji said that you are so funny, but don't look so. and yes sanaya was looking beautiful!

Buaji leaves the couple alone. Khushi super cutely sips the hot tea. He turns and she gives him a glare before going back to her beverage. The music as always knows before the man and woman do. Why does he have that tender bewitched expression? Why does his overwhelming unfaltering gaze not leave her? What was she expecting to happen? Why does her hands quiver this way? Why is her face this expectant? She does not move away, he comes closer, now she does move back, he still continues to come closer, her eyes look down, slowly hesitantly move back to his face. Telltale heaving breaths of anticipation. Takes his time savouring the moment he raises his finger to touch her. She jerks away. Unfazed he continues. For a fleeting second his finer brushes against the tip of her nose. "tumhari .. Ohh that pause to die for in breathless expectancy.. naakh laal ho gayi hai".. "thand mein ho jati hai.." and she scurries away fidgeting with her dupatta. We didn't get to see another taewondo night but it sure made laad governor find it harder to not sweep his wife off her feet.

loved your description of the scene. this is another of my favorite scene. after a long time we got to see Khushi's dhakdhak, her heaping chest and flirtatious ASR. I wish if he would've kissed her , she was looking so pretty in laal nak.

My dharkanein is still rapid fast... He turns with that lopsided grin firmly in place. Payash's wedding memories floating inside me. Aman's call distracts him and he starts talking about all that ASR talks on his bluetooth with Aman. First interruption.. Opens the door and gets banged into by a kid. "Jeejaji kaha rakhna hai?". "What?", with wide astonished eyes. How does he make these scences unbelievable funny? "Didi Jijaji bhi swaal puch re hai.. What?" Hahaha.. Khushi plays interpretor again. Gadde mixes with sales figures as slowly the intelligent babua figures out something strange is going on. His famous let me call you back as he goes out to investigate.

Nice shot of frenzy activity in a house preparing for an Indian wedding. Things have an unnerving tendency to get lost. Children run around helterskelter not really sure why. Elders juggling multiple tasks getting very little done. In my wedding our two drivers managed to bang our two cars into each other in broad daylight on an empty street in front of the wedding venue! No one has still figured out a good enough answer as to why that happened. Weddings.. Something crazy exciting chaotic about it.. Khushi loves them and so do I! Jijaji opens the door and steps right into a big aluminium vessel. I believe ASR never imagined himself being called jijaji But loved it.though he did call one slimy other by that name.  "Parathe kaun khayega??".. Am not a big fan of this over excited khushi, comes across a bit crass, but then that it my completely personal preference. Anyway today she must be feeling happy, what a delightful start to a day. Sharing jokes and dhak dhaks with the husband you love and then a day full of crazy marriage preparations to look forward to. Confused husband looks for an explanation from his wife too busy dancing and ignoring him. "Pritika kaun hai?" Completely fazed this man who knows just what needs to be done with complex sales figures is at a total loss at this kind of over excitement stuff. He stands looking at tired buaji and camera zooms out with ASR music playing.. what the!

oh yes it was her day. her all mission is getting successful. And of course a cute gesture from her sexy husband is icing on the cake.

very nice take rhea.
the golgappa scene is one of my favorite scene from IPK. There was so much animosity between Arnav and Khushi that time. But still the deep connection between them was clearly  visible. how she fed him looking each other so intently made the scene amazing. I wish if I could see such lovely scene later after their remarriage.

One more thing about Khushi feeling not guilty giving him public bath. I think she never felt that she was guilty. It was a prank for her. let me explain, why I think so. she did same after their haldi. Though Arnav retorted, but she sure took him under the hand pump of happyji. I wish if they would've shown the scene to us.
all the blue lines are my favorite.
My comments are in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
episode-234
mooh dekhai of our sexy man

Workaholic Arnav is back in his work. There can be any vacation for him. He just couldn't build an empire just like that. But the killing heat is not giving him respite. He is sweating, his state is almost tousled, he is already looking emaciated. He can go back to RM, as Khushi has tethered him for a while. Droplets of perspiration have been travelling down from his forehead to his eyes brows to eye lashes. It's getting difficult to concentrate on his laptop. He thinks to change his sitting from the table to some where else, where he can get a bit comfort or near a fan. When he stands up, his look goes to the Salman Khan poster on the wall. He is astonished. His eyes go to another pic of khushi and Salman and a palanquin in between. He smiles derisively, he is not jealous. He knows she is crazy and  this crazy girl always makes him smile like this. But soon he will replace Salman, though his pic has already embedded in Khushi's heart permanently. She just can't show it as he hates her now. Or moreover, you hot workaholic how will you know about phangirls ? We fan girls even make our hero our husband clandestinely. Like, you are my husband..hehe.

Bua and amma sneak in the room, but go back seeing him working. they just can't disturb their haughty son in law. But Arnav is the damad now, he is not shrewd ASR any more. He calls bua, guessed it can be her. Bua is tizzy. Feigning innocence she tells him that some people came to meet him. Arnav misunderstands the visitors as AC guys. Bua becomes flabbergasted to see his enthusiasm to meet the people who are not AC guys, but their over inquisitive neighbors.

Arnav comes out from his room and becomes stupefied to see three elderly ladies there. khushi is bewildered as well, how bua and amma could avert him from his work!

An involuntary what the comes out from his mouth. The oldest lady can't understand what he said. So khushi interprets his what the like this,

"What the matlab, hume inhe pehchante nahi hai. Hume pehchan karao."

(I don't know them. Pls introduce me with them)

I was laughing to see her satire. Her sense of humor is superb.

Bua, amma and the guests get delighted to know that. Khushi makes him sit and introduces him with the ladies who all are bua's friends. With annoyance he says her that "pata hai"

"pata nahi lata, kusum lata."

ASR anger pulsates more to see her sarcastic jibe.

Khushi introduces her husband with endearing authority,  "Aur yeh hamari woh" 

The ladies get enamored to see his roop, "kitna sundar larka hai." Bua becomes delighted and adds proudly that he is the nandkissore. ASR is really feeling uncomfortable at so much accolade. He wants to go back to his work. But Khushi will not let him escape so easily. She pushes him back in the sit, she is having so much fun.

"ye thodi sharmilee kisimke hai.'

What a wrong delineation; ASR who makes people tremulous in fear is shy! But his social niceties surprised me. ASR is sitting in the middle of all middle class ladies and letting them having conversation with him. khushi really changed him a lot.

In this whole scene Bua's sharmilee expression was a treat to watch.

"He is good looking but does he have any education?"

The old lady asks a very important question. But it hurts ASR's ego  the lady asks him whether he studied till ten grade! He gives a bewildered expression,

"I completed my MBA from Harvard."

The ladies don't have any idea where is Harvard, they think it's Haridwar, where people usually go for religious studies. Bua stands for her favorite son in law, he studied business and he is the owner of big factories, thousands of people work under him. The old lady wants to compete now, her Lallan also has a big shop and ten people work under him. A spook of little boy gets inside ASR now, how this granny can insult him like this, he says in a quick repartee,

"Not a single shop, but I have chain of industries."

"Shop of chain!."  The ladies are flabbergasted.

Khushi corrects them in pronto, not shop of chains, but chain of shops. The ladies are so happy for Khushi now, "bohoti achcha larka mila hai khushiko. (khushi got such a good husband)'

They all stand up to come closer to Arnav. Granny pulls his cheek, "very handsome guy." Arnav gets scared to see that the lady leans on him and gives him a kiss on his forehead and blesses him as well,

"Joog joog jeo beta."

He wipes his forehead with irritation. He reminds me of my little nephew here. Every time I kiss him on his cheek, he wipes it with disgust.

The other lady gives Khushi some money to buy him some itra.

"itra, he likes itra a lot, specially in hannky."

Arnav gives her a glacial stare.

Before leaving the old lady ask him will he keep her happy ?

He answers with annoyance "whatever."

The old lady can't understand the meaning of whatever, so his interpreter wife Khushi translate it from her point of view,

"It means life long, he will keep me happy."

Can I assume it as Khushi's secret wish! He is the man of her love and she clandestinely wished to be with him for eternity. But never dared to express it to him. And now the situation has become so complicated that they can't even think properly.

The elderly woman again blesses them beatifically to live long, "janam janamtar tum dono sath rahe, you should be together for this life and  all the lives ahead."

To hear the blessing Arnav and Khushi both look at each other with a jolt. In the recent events they forgot that this was just a contract marriage of six months. This janam janamtar thing embroils both of them.

Everybody left, arnav and Khushi are alone in the living room. That elderly woman's blessing is still reverberating in their mind. They start to walk in different direction, but  look back to see each other. Her words made deep impact in both of their minds. With her heart pounding painfully, she fixedly stares at him, a million confused, chaotic thoughts running berserk in her head. Arnav is also in embroilment. Their feeling for each other what was buried inside their heart incites them. A sudden deluge of indecipherable yet powerful emotions washes across their heart, leaving it aching with a gentle melancholy in it's wake. They ebb in the abyss of thought, where there is so much pain, so much confusion, so much animosity, so much contempt, but so much suppressed love and care.

Anjali is showing Babli some baby's pics of different age in mom's womb. Babli knows it all that the baby will be born in nine months. Anjlai gets surprised at her cognition.

Akash comes then from office. As usual Babli gets jovial to see him. She gets more delectable to see the gift in his hand, she thinks it's for her. She runs in to get the surprise gift what she prepared for Akash. Akash actually got the gift for Payal on their first month marriage anniversary. When Babli comes back with her surprise gift, Anjali tells her to leave them alone. Babli abominates to see Akash wishes Payal and giving her the gift.

Pause: Arnav didn't bring any gift for khushi on their first month marriage anniversary, but they both got the pure blessings from an elderly woman as a precious gift. One more thing what amuses me, is the good heart of this middle class people. In Khushi's mooh dekhai instead of blessings she got loathsome remarks from some shabby women. And today in Arnav's satirical mooh dekhai he got only blessings and good wishes.

A big truck comes in Laxminagar makes everybody flummoxed. They are looking for Arnav Singh Raizada's house. The neighbors who were just coming back from Arnav's mooh dekhai get surprised to see the AC in the truck. They bring the AC people to buaji's house. They are assuming that Madhumati's rich son in law is taking care of  their family. These middle class neighbors assume too much. Arnav also comes there to hear the door bell. The gupta ladies are ambiguous what's happening. Arnav says Khushi that he is just putting an AC,  it's not a big issue, when he will leave, everybody can use it. Without much ado he goes inside the room to instruct the people where to put the AC. Khushi gets upset and so as bua. Amma is rather in an understanding state.

The Gupta ladies come inside the room. The technician is doubtful that whether this old house can take the load of the split AC! Arnav berates them and tells them to do their job. Amma retorts the technician that the wall is strong enough to bear the load.

"The house is old but strong like me." bua says in painstaking voice. Bua is feeling humiliated that they couldn't give Arnav the comfort, so he had to provide his own comfort. Amma tries to meliorate the situation, saying that it's alright; he is not used to with our life style. The guy passes him his towel and toiletries, what makes Arnav more embarrassed.

"actually I have a habit to use my product." He is rueful.

I'm amused again, where is the arrogant ASR? From when he started to care so much?

"It's ok son, if you feel good then I'm happy." Bua tries to alleviate his mood.

Khushi resents to see her amma and bua hurt. Why so much fuss, she should feel happy that he is trying to adapt, and that is plausible. I also can't blame her as she is too sensitive with her family. No matter what she can't see them hurt.  When she tries to speak, both amma and bua try to make her feel good. Amma says they are fine with the change, he also adjusted the change when she started to stay with him. khushi becomes woebegone to recollect how he threw out from his room on the wedding night. So she didn't forget the pain, so am I. Khushi comes in the room and Arnav looks at her ruefully.

Khushi disgruntles to see the change in her room. She looks at his towels, toiletries, AC, laptop; the room is now filled with Arnav's stuffs. She thinks he took a revenge, because she changed his room as her wish. But she did it without hurting anybody's feelings. And here he made everybody upset. She wanted to edify him the life of common people. And now he is trying to make this his favorite imaginary world. All feelings of anger and rancor seeps out from her heart; what he tried to show by changing bua's house, that how they live. How dare he insult bua and amma. She starts to throw his stuffs on the floor in anger. She grumbles,

Arnav Singh Raizda, hum apko zindegi ka path parhakai dum lenge. Now I'll teach you a lesson that you will remember whole life."

A fire of retribution ignites inside her. but the good thing is, she again puts his stuffs back on the table.

Pause: I don't know what wrong he did. First of all Khsuhi should appreciate that he came to stay with her, whether their marriage is just a contract marriage. If he wants to make his stay comfortable, then what's wrong with it. My mom told me, when I first visited India, my dad bought AC for my aunt's home so that we kids could live there comfortably. Why sensible Khushi couldn't understand that the things what he brought is his necessities. I also take my towels and toiletries when we go somewhere. I never use other people's stuff and like ASR I also have the habit to use the product of my favorite brand.

Arnav comes in the room, the mosquitoes are troubling him. The first thing he said to her in baiting tone, that he doesn't want to sleep on the bed with her. khushi is nonchalant, just grabs things from the armoire. He asks her, is there any sofa?

"nahi hai. And there is no extra bedding. Moreover you can't sleep on the floor, because you must not want the rat eats up your hair." 

"What" he is scared to hear about chuhoka nashta.

"chuhe, raat bhar idhar udar gumte rehte hai, barha udham machete hai." She frightens him more by demonstrating how the rats trouble them at night.

"Ok then I'll sleep in my car."  He moves towards the door.

"Ok sleep then, but get your answer prepared when amma and bua will ask you. Moreover, whole day you proved that you are the son in law of the family. And the rest you are smart enough to understand"

Khushi's pragmatic words make Arnav stay back. But the mosquitoes are troubling him so much. khushi is frustrated, she wishes, if he was not allergic to mosquito coil. It's good to see that in spite of her anger, she still thought about his health.( I saw the characteristic of my mom in her. My mom sometimes perks up like this, but never forgets to care us.) She gets a mosquito killing racket and starts to play with it.  Arnav is stupefied, what she is doing! She says the racket doesn't have enough charge otherwise it will be killer of mosquitoes.

"What the hell are you saying."

Aww how cutely he said this to his half mad wife.

Khushi looks at him with bewilderment, because a mosquito is sitting right on his nose. She attempts to hit it with the racket "tere itni himmat ASRki nakpe."

Fortunately ASR bends down before she can hit him. I remember how he gone mad, when last time she hit him on his cheek.

"Are you gone crazy?"

"A mosquito was on your nose."

"Let's turn on the AC. The heat and mosquito both will go away."

"Yours AC, yours towel, do whatever you like."  Khushi replies quizzically.

Arnav turns on the AC and sighs a relief, "I'll sleep on the left side." He just can't finish his words and "boom". The electricity is gone.

"haire nadkissore, how the light turned out?"

Arnav is dumbfounded, what a predicament situation, he has fallen into! Khushi opens the window and sees that the whole colony is out of power.

"poore moholleki batti gul."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mfgDqGn3eWE[/YOUTUBE]

Credit goes to the maker

gifs credit goes to tumblr.

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-232

Khushi has connected big against Arnav. She just can't let him go so easily after calling her ghatiya.  She has already convinced the whole family to implement her plan. Along with nani, Anjali also joins in this plan. She brought gifts for Amma and bua. But Arnav is incorrigible, he is not going anywhere. Whereas khushi wants to go and she also can't leave him alone as he is not well.

"This was Khushi's idea"  nani's words embitters Arnav even more. khushi nods her head feigning innocence. Nani tells him that Khushi wants him to get a break from his work, so that he can take rest. When nani mentions to stay over there for do aat din, his eyes pop out in bewilderment. How can he stay there for 2-8 days. Arnav shows his imperviousness again, he can't go cause he has lots of work in office. Nani already resolved this problem, she involved Akash in office work, so he can go without any tension. Anjali pleads him, how can she says no to Khushi's family now. Arnav doesn't understand, as both the family stays in the same city, then why they need to stay there for some days. Anjali tries to make him understand that he should go for the sake of Khushi, she must be missing her home. She thinks, as Khushi left her home and staying here, same way he also should maintain the relationship with her family.

Loved connoisseur Anjali in this matter. Their out look is very broad, not like the typical dominating in laws of our country. And they are always ready to advocate for Khushi against Arnav.

"ok ok I'll go"  he agrees without too much fuss. But he will go tomorrow.

"I can do a little delay right?"  he replies at their baffled expression. all of them assent his decision. After they left Khushi calls him swami what acerbates Arnav. He puts his finger on her lips to make her quiet.

whats a collection of gifs! 👏

"don't call me by this name, as I agreed to go with you."

Arnav says meekly as his eyes veer towards her lips, where he keeps his finger. Khushi is in impediment to feel his touch on her lips. Arnav also can't remove his finger from her lips as he has become inert for a while. Khushi nods her head gently. Arnav realizes that he unknowingly touched the most intimate part of her body. He feels a bit shy and moves away. Arnav saw how she got affected at his mere touch. They know how much they are attracted to each other, then why so much inhibition, why so much mistrust from Arnav's side. I wish if he could've eradicated that terrace scene from his mind! I wish too..

Khushi calls bua to let them know that they are coming on the next day.

(Sanaya kissed Barun's finger in off screen. I wish if Khushi would do that!) haha sure we can all wish that together Sohara.. 

In GH, bua and Amma are trying so hard to make their home adaptable for their rich son in law. Bua is trying to fix the old cooler and amma is trying to arrange the dining table. Like a little child there is so much enthusiasm and excitement in Amma's tone. nice comparison..yes she seemed so innocent and excited and scared all at the same time.

"Chai foot ka admi hai, chhaad uchi karo to kano baat hai." (he is a six foot tall guy, so there is no point to raise the height of the ceiling)  Bua replies in frustration. Bua meant that their son in law is too precious, so it will be beyond their means to make him comfortable. Or moreover to keep him cool they need to provide cool and comfy environment around him, as he is very hot headed. How well they know our hot headed boy!

Bua finally could fix the old cooler. She pleads to the machine to run properly, as it's the matter of their honor. Babuji is enjoying the helter-skelter of two ladies. Bua thinks her sanka devi is a very good hearted person, but she is anticipating some storm. Oh yeah not a simple storm but a tempest is on the way. She calls amma to check if the air is coming from the cooler or not. But unfortunately no air is coming; or moreover it breaks again, when bua bangs on it.

How warm and caring this poor people are; they are trying to pour their heart out to entertain their son in law. And fortunately Arnav felt it strongly during his stay in GH. That's why herebuked Khushi that in spite of such good upbringing how she turned out so immoral! Definitely. Arnav was very touched by the Gupta household and the love he got there. In all his later visits their was no inhibition. He treated this as his home. So lovely isn't it?

In RM Khushi is bidding a tearful adieu to all. She tells them to take care of themselves. She will miss everybody a lot. i like this sentence..sounds poetic..

"ok then let's not go. Neither you feel bad, nor you miss anybody, you'll not feel bad"  Arnav quips to cancel the trip. He is annoyed at Khushi's filmi bidai. 😆 But Khushi sure will go. Payal gives her a light pat on her head. Nani tells Anjali, how cum she is bidding bye them without feeding the breakfast. Anjali intentionally didn't feed them, as she wants chottey's in laws to get a chance to take care of him. Arnav embitters again to see his dramebaaz biwi's emotional adieu. He also bids them bye casually without knowing that what kind of torture is waiting ahead for him.

"see you guys. Very soon."

By the way my man is looking too delicious. Though he looks a bit sick, but looking hotter than usual. In the above gifs he definitely looks good!

At the threshold, mami calls Arnav, but he can't see her. mami appears from a hidden place, makes him startled. She alerts him to be careful, as he is going to his wife's maternity home. Arnav doesn't get her. She thinks they will feed him so much oily food, that he has to fish the vegetable from oil. How much he will refuse, they will feed him even more. There will be no rule there, that's why she is giving her the solution. Arnav is baffled, obediently listening to his crazy mami. She gives him a bottle of medicine to take every night after dinner. She put the bottle inside his laptop bag. Arnav is flummoxed what she is doing with his laptop,

"jaan bache to lakh do paye, laptop kharab ho to dusra ajaye."

"okay"   arnav seems got scared at mami's premonition. Haha he was so confused with all this and I felt he was feeling nervous too though trying his best to hide it.

Arnav and khushi are on the way to GH. Khushi is delectable as she is going to her own home. Bua is asking Khushi on the phone, what they will prepare for Arnav, roti or paratha? When Khushi asks Arnav, he gets mad and screeches the car at stop sign. He  gives her an angry glare. Bua wants to know what kind of lassi he will drink, with salt or with sugar? Khushi says, salt, as he can't have sugar. After hanging up the phone, without looking at him, she tells Arnav that she knows, Arnav is starring at her angrily.

"you can stare me whole day, now let's go as the signal is green now."

Khushi murmurs herself, "KKGSR, when you will understand when you have to keep quiet, or moreover when laad"  Khushi looks at Arnav and continues his monologue, "you are sitting with him in his car. He will stop the car with cheee and open the car with a taak and you will be out of the car. Aur garr karke gari age nikal jayega"  she is cursing herself and narrating what will happen now. 😆😆 like how you translated this with the sounds in place..

"out"  surprisingly Arnav does the same. He screeches his car in a halt and tells her to go out.

"again" she is rueful. He looks at her with darting eyes. She unbuckles her seat belt, ready to go out. She asks him,

"will you go to buaji's house alone? I mean you can't go back to the house. What everybody will say?"

Arnav is taciturn, only gives her an angry glare. Khushi cowers to see his angry look,

"but you must've thought something before stopping the car. I know you can manage."

Khushi intends to get out from the car.

"Sit quietly in the car." Arnav orders her grimly.

Khushi still intends to go out.

"I told you to sit."

Khushi is nonplus what to do

"seat belt."

Arnav starts driving and khushi starts to sing to irritate him,

Aaj mausam hai suhana (the ambiance is nice)

Maiyke jaaneka hai bahana (got an excuse to go to mom's home)

What the what the what the (she says this lines in lower voice, so that Arnav can't hear.)

Rasta hai anjana (the road is unknown)

Aur sathi hai deewana (the partner is crazy)

What the what the what the.

Arnav again gives her a contemptuous look and grumbles, "again".

khushi is frolicking inwardly. She quite adapted his calibrated anger.

Though Arnav was giving her angry glare while she was singing, but he actually liked his crazy wife's demeanor. Cause later, when Khushi became woebegone after the kidnapping track, he himself told her to sing the mausam hai suhana song. Aww that was such a sweet reference Sohara. yes he liked her calling him laad governor and singing this song, talking out loud. Oh he liked.. no loved everything about his jhalli.

Mami is delighted, because she could warn Arnav about the things he will face in his in law's place. she bumps with Babli on her way. Babli needs some, color, toothpaste, soap etc. mami wants to know, why she needs those; is she planning to make robot. Then why not she is making one for her, so that, she can replace it with khoon bhari tang, who will be obedient to her. Babli gets annoyed at her nonsense prattle; she doesn't need her help. Mami thinks, it's a good idea to replace KBT with a robat.

Why mamiji? Why you disgrace yourself to your small niece by insulting your daughter in law again and again! And you want more obedient DIL than Payal? I guess she is more obedient than a robot.  How you patiently sit thought these scenes to write about them.. I get so irritated.

Arnav and Khushi reach Laxminagar. The whole vicinity is waiting there to welcome them. Like a celebrity Khushi waves her hand from inside the car. 😆 When they got down, Arnav tells Khushi that he will take care of the baggage. But he gets dumbfounded to see the back of the car full of bags. I'm surprised, the business tycoon's wife carried her stuffs in shopping bags, she doesn't have a luggage! Some things we will never understand.. 

Oye"  barun's expression comes out from ASR inadvertently. "are you?" he anticipates whether khushi is planning to come here for good or not, he asks her,

"are you settling here?"  He starts to put down the bags from the car. Oh god where that shrewd ASR has gone! I can see a typical husband instead. He is so annoyed that when khushi intends to say something, he tells her to shut up. When he finished unloading, khushi reminds him to get the plant out from the car. Arnav is surprised to see the plant in the car.

"I thought if you miss your plants here, so"

Arnav is amused to see her sensitivity. He meets her eyes with some hesitation and eventually delves into it, his relenting in echo of a vague surrender. He can't take off her eyes from her. The look of surprised pleasure on his face makes her eyes soften with tenderness. Both stares at each other for a while, try to feel each other. They know very well that they have some unexpressed emotions, enormous feelings between them, which is impenetrable and undecipherable.  A perfect rabba vey moment and the tune in piano makes the moment more enthralling. Khushi knows how much he is attached to his plants. To unite him with Lavanya she sold her only precious belonging of her mother and filled his office cabin with greeneries. That day he sure could sense that it was Khushi who did it, but my heart still lurches painfully that he never came to know about her sacrifice. If he would've known he could never called her a gold digger. Lovely scene and lovely description Sohara. A perfect rabba ve moment like you say.. Arnav looked so pleased , touched, hesitantly shy all at the same time..

Khushi takes the plant form his hand. Arnav calls his driver to remove the car from here. Khushi tells him that he can keep it in Happyji's garage. He agrees and parks the car there.

A disgusting scene between Anjali and shyam. I wished to skip it. Shyam was passing by the poolside, immersed in thought to make the key as soon as possible. Anjali who was watering the plants calls him. but he was so much in his self that he can't listen to her. Anjali gets angry and starts to throw water to him by hose pipe. He realizes that the soap is melting because of the water. He berates her to stop by addressing her Anjali, what enrages Anjali more and she keeps throwing water and makes shyam completely drenched. Clever shyam hides the soap inside a plant and starts to flirt with Anjali. I was so disgusted that they use Arnav and Khushi's forward and backward walking here. Anyway, shyam challenges anjali and Anjali gets scared and keeps walking backward. Anjali stops when she gets obstructed by a tree, Shyam intends to smear mud on her face. But instead he takes the hose pipe from her hand. In spite of her incessant plea, he makes her soaked with water.

Babli asks HP for soap. Both come by the poolside and babli gets delectable to find a soap there. it is Shyam's soap. She immediately picks it for her use.

After romancing with Anjali, Shyam realizes that he needs to collect the soap before anybody can get it. But the rascal gets nuts when he doesn't find the soap where he kept it. 

Am glad you are back and writing 😊.  Wonderful gifs Sohara. I loved the way you describe the plant scene . You know I started learning piano and that rabba ve tune is one of the first things am practicing. Will hopefully play well enough to share with you all someday. Completely agree with your thoughts about mami and that Shyam Anjali scene. And that off screen gifs of the finger on her lips 😳 . thank you! has me feeling so happy. I enjoy their off screen moments so much. Almost makes me wish to be on the sets with them.

And the slow pace of the VM and all the scenes in it are lovely.. More comments above.

Edit - Oh And thank you for enjoying my 238! That joke Arnav cracked with buaji..I agree completely barun 😊  and Sanaya looked so cute didn't she? how can he not tease her and make her blush when she looks so adorable? And about that bath I even read and liked what you wrote earlier (to indi di i think) about not being angry and forgiving her. I forgave her as soon as I saw that morning naak laal scene. She is too lovable and did not mean to hurt him at all. I wish they made her understand him more in this track but she always understood him at some level..specially when she was in the house teaching lavanya. 
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Episode 241

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wqAcVOsf8c[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Monday , 30th April 2012

Full episode links

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 239

it's a wedding again. only a month after a night of "haan ya na" and a dulhan who had no idea she was.

i can't help but think of that night, and despite all the jollity all around, the unstoppable mirth, i think of a man who became bridegroom and took a bride amid only tears and chaos. yes, weddings always mean a bit of chaos, but not the sort they saw within themselves and around them that night.

two dialogues got repeated too many times not to mean a thing... this is ipk, writers are clever with forming loops and echoes and reflections with the spoken word, to magnify a feeling, to nudge a memory, to create depth and texture.

so when there was that repetition of his "haan" changing everything, i had a feeling it was somewhere to remind us of that other night. when her "naa" couldn't change anything. she had no choice or he made sure she thought so that night. a tragic, intensely sad moment. but there was something sacred in what was to come.

on the flip side of that is today's "haan" where he had a choice but didn't know, and she made sure he didn't. a fairly comic, extremely lighthearted moment... and yet, was there to be a sacred moment soon? i couldn't see any sign of it anywhere in the din and rush of carrying carpets, fixing speakers, organising pandal, and avoiding rushing pesky kids... wedding milieu, wild wonderful and setting my teeth a bit on edge.

the other word was "dulhan", every time it was said, just after i had giggled, i'd remember a beautiful bride. was i to see her as dulhan again soon?

when you see a thing repeatedly, finally you might end up seeing something quite different from what you saw the first time. and this episode on this watch, brought me to a sacred moment on a rickety ladder.

i thought i saw a beautiful suhaag raat in broad daylight, with all its longing, its nasha, its jadoo, its lifting of a veil, its looking into each others eyes, its palpitating heart stopping moments and its flowers.

now i might be completely imagining this and if anyone from ipk read this they'd probably be rolling on the floor laughing, but i saw what i saw teehee.

a comic air, errors galore, constant activity, great blocking... things were going along in a happy frolicking pace. khushi sang about the season to bug the laad governor, bua ji and asr got into lovely little conversations and both abha parmar and barun sobti were very good together. but i missed my asr... this pulverizing of the waistcoat man is frankly just plain tiresome for me.

he came out... stood on the steps, i remembered him standing just there a little over a month ago, so happy, in brown suit, come to see his girl... to floor her.

perfect stranger walked up to him and asked in a familiar manner if he were free. long thinking look, then a "nahin", oh barun did never quite let asr go, did he.

finally he figured out that he has been taken for a ride by his dear loving caring sharing in everyone's sadness wife.

"oh no no!" said the man.

"oh no? koi takleef hai ka, babua..." is there a problem, shot back his jodi for the episode, bua ji.

a relationship has been made, and whatever we may say, the boy is well brought up, knows what is in good taste and what is not, plus after the initial faux pas he is very circumspect.

"oh no..." emphatic and hot, "koi takleef nahin hai, bua ji." an abs sweetheart, this tycoon.

but to himself, "yeh kahan fas gaya mein" what have i got stuck in, ugh.

happy khushi came bounding out with spatula held aloft of , sanka at a high.

she asked him to move from where he stood.

"kyun?" came the brusque reply.

next thing, the speaker had got him, he almost passed out.

"haw aapke kaan toh bilkul tamatar ke tarah laal ho gaye hain..." ha, your ears have gone as red as a tomato, she said with an innocent sweet look. she had taken her revenge for the rudolph the red nose comment that morning.

why do i get the feeling he likes this sparring, it excites him... someone not scared of him, not kowtowing, and someone so pretty too... there's spice and myrrh in the air suddenly among all the pink and chaos.

pink again. the other night the mosquito net. way back a dupatta falling over an astonished girl's head. all moments of murmurous attraction, things not said because perhaps there is no need to.

"arre, aur phool chahiye..." we need more flowers said the bride's mother and made way for that moment i think of as sacred.

a beautiful silent act of love, just a ladder, a girl and a boy who wants to be with her. and that gust of wind on a pink dupatta.

she rushed to get the flowers which are at a height, but he is instantly alert, "khushi! khushi wait..." always protective of her... no matter whether it's mohabbat or nafrat.

she's up, reaching for flowers, he arrived, concerned at the sight of wobbling step ladder.

"khushi, chadne se pahle sidi ki position check kar leti!" his rough admonishing hid that care he feels.

"neeche aao!" come down, he hollered in full asr mien. bet she felt all sorts of sensations when he talked like that. there's some sort of indelible love in that possessive angry way. like he has a right over her.

"aa rahe hain," i'm coming she said with an irritated most wife like, there goes my husband again sort of way, and she turned... he watched most concerned.

and a gust of wind came to blow a dupatta. wind, dupatta, something was about to happen.

she got more and more flummoxed by flying dupatta. the wind stayed and played.

"hume kuchh dikh nahin raha!" i can't see a thing, she said panicking as the dupatta covered her eyes and head.

"khushi, stop it!" he yelled. and began to climb up the ladder, to reach her.

not a word, no music, just wind gushing steady, urgent, as he went nearer and she waited in pink veil... she looked through the veil and suddenly it all changed... notes of rabba vey entered. the whole world ceased to be, it's just you and me, here on a space between heaven and earth, why do i feel what i feel, and you? what is it that you feel? i can't stop looking at you or wanting to be near.

he stood on a rung a little below her looking at her entranced...

a long time ago he had seen this very face through another pink veilwhen he didn't believe in love, when he had only anger and disbelief in such matters... but he had been struck even then...

today it's this girl he is mad about and no matter how angry or hurt, something reaches him the moment she is near...

she stared at him through the veil and her eyes sought things that her conscious mind said she will not.

he was rapt... just looking at her was all he seemed to be capable of suddenly.

slowly he took the veil down to reveal her face... a suhaag raat ritual. the way he held the veil and pulled it down to reveal her face, there was that sense of an important act. something much more than the literal meaning.

if there was a rapt mesmerised feel to the way he looked at her, in her eyes a funny sort of hunger for a second. a need.

she was embarrassed, he was just there gazing at her, to be with her is all he seeks, she lurched forward, he caught her. oh the heat of that coming together, even in a long shot there is desire everywhere.

as she averted her eyes there was suddenly a flicker of urgency, a question in his.

then the moment was over.

he let go of her shoulder. "tum neeche jao..." go down, he commanded.

"uh hamare phool?" but my flowers?

"phool main le aaonga!" i'll get the flowers, divine yelling and taking charge...

and then it happened.

she lost balance, and it all came tumbling down.

that falling felt significant. symbolic. together they are constantly in a plunge, falling ever deeper into an emotion, holding on to each other never letting go, who knows where it is taking them.

on the floor scattered with petals of marigold, together they lay, winded and then feeling things.

hey hey... heyheyhey.

as they tried to sit up the petals showered down. te brats had tipped the flower basket (okay, this bit was shot pretty badly, the gravity defying basket almost snatched my attention away from the magic unfolding).

he just lay there watching. in no hurry... i loved that look on his face, he has taken the veil off his bride's face, he has seen her, he is enamoured, now he will lie with her and revel in her. not suhaag raat? i loved this entire bit of episode, the pace, the colours, the emotions, the sheer scorch.

she realised and was too smitten herself to do much about things.

marigold petals all over, yellow, orange, in the colours of the sun, spiritually significant and always at weddings and auspicious occasions, a certain sensuality to soft, plush petals. finally the entire tokri fell.

"phool toh.." she smiled.

"i know..." he agreed. they almost sounded like friends... or lovers, a bit shy, a bit lost.

rabba vey. she started to smile.

and he smiled back at her. it was perhaps their first uncomplicated, warm and private smile looking at each other with nothing but pleasure and love. yes, just that... love. was she dulhan for a moment there? and did he again give a "haan"? this time not without knowing what he said yes to.

soon we were rushing to generator and khushi had again taken umbrage at his arrogant little i am arnav sing raizada and started plotting. i thought he wanted her to succeed at fixing the machine. the advance retreat of asr khushi was a delight after such a long gap. he flicked her cheek, she was miffed. he sat next to salman with cotton in his ears looking a dish. he was devastatingly rude to the little boy with his "i don't care." the the boy spilled the beans, the busy businessman plays games on his laptop... er asr, did i hear right? this must be new if that is the case... your pagal biwi is having an effect on you.  anyway now he is going to be mechanic. oh h where is his waistcoat?

shyam stole the will... could have been a great track but alas.
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago