Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 43

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Hayyyeee Barun and Sanaya as Akbar/Jodha, would be awsome! This is one of my fav movies...eventhough its fictional for the most part, there has to be some trueth in how the Hindu princess and the Muslim eperor found middle ground in love. Love Hritik in it, his absolute best IMO, but Barun could do a great job...though our boy would have to buff up a bit ๐Ÿ˜† you are so right, there are many parallels...the misunderstanding perhaps the biggest and the hurt it cuased Hritik...and how Jodha got him to think of the less fortunate...very much in line with Khushi's teaching him lessons at the Gupta house in blast's current track (i get a little irritated at her for bugging my guy so much)
no wonder i loved this move so much!!  thanks for making me think...will have to make time to watch this movie b/c i haven't seen it since long before i discoved IPK. 

Barun has to sure beef up for that AMi,:) but I was watching that song Man mohana the other day and watching Hritik struggle to walk like an empire. I thought Barun would have done a fantastic job than that.. as asr he oozed royalty in every frame..
I talked with indi that time about the similarities..when Akbar enters Jodha's chamber for the first time behind the parda I almost felt a gust of wind coming...yes MU.. and that wooing in fighting.. he respects her beliefs although doesn't follow..
Oh there are only a few things I watched after IPK .. go watch when u get a chance... we can talk more about the Nawab and his begum..:)
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 236

I found this an extremely difficult episode to start writing about. How do you start when you have an aversion to what it shown? For one thing if this is about TRP then what was the TRP bringing thing? That Arnav was wet and shirtless or that Khushi was teaching him a lesson? If it was about drooling on Arnav I can come up with fifteen different scenarios right now. While she irritates him he pulls her inside and we get a rabba ve. Cliche sure yet way more enjoyable right? And if he needed to be taught a lesson her earnest speech as in the dargah or even later in the day today would have left much more of an impression than what she is about to do.
"Aap Indraji se kahiye". "thik hai tum phone karo main baat karta hun." He is stuck in a bathroom with barely room to stand. Face covered with soap, no water, unhelpful infuriating wife and yet ready to solve the problem. How is Khushi resisting this man? Amma and buaji at least show some panic at parading damadji outside in this state. Really if it was this normal as roz ek kabhi kabhi do baar why don't I see any grown men bathing outside? Won't even go into that debate. Once his vision clears you can see Arnav aghast and I cannot get myself to listen to any of Khushi's side's excuses for doing this to her husband. When she is about to mention her pati owns AR.. He immediately stops her and you realize how important this man his. His family, the writers, his wife everyone takes him for granted. But he is after all a top businessman with a reputation to uphold. It is not Vimla mausi's fault that given a chance she would eagerly wipe off the extra soap from behind Barun's ear but today I grit my teeth and wish she minded her own business for this once. Arnav is squirming, uncomfortable and angry. He walks away with "baat mat karo..I don't want to talk to you."  I feel that too.

You know what really makes me mad is that he was really not okay with this and still Khushi felt not one bit of remorse. So she wants to show him this extreme middle class side of things but this is not really common anymore. Lets say he says he likes his girl in western short dresses. Everyone in his society wears them and forces his wife to wear it for him saying there is nothing wrong in it. Whom would we side with in that case? She was the wife of this business tycoon but never once did he ask her to change for him. Instead when she tried to on their dinner date he claimed she was the coolest person he knew and should do what feels right to her. And here Khushi is shown putting him in this very awkward position which he feels so uncomfortable about. Am very very bothered by these 5 minutes. Apologies if I sounded too preachy, strict .. can't help my self today.. 

Lingering frustration, unvented anger..Barun got the right expression while murderously looking at his laptop and phone running out of battery. Notice he still keeps the problem to himself. Am going to ignore Khushi for some more time though her Arnavji has quietened down listening to her voice. He decided to take matters into his own hands regarding lunch today. "Paanch Hajaar"! in a really cute accent by Amma. How normal to not want to take money from the damadji... Buaji and aunty try to scrounge money to pay the bill. Has me in tears seeing their desperation over something in a way quite trivial. It is a good detail that Khushi gave the money she earned to her family. But that does not mean I am in talking terms with her yet. She has seen the bill and again misunderstands Arnavji's intentions.

Already my mood is off and then we get snakewa plotting. No one suspecting his evil intentions.  Maybe I shouldn't be writing at all. Skip it, eat some jilebis while dancing to Hindi music and go to the next episode, exactly how our heroine would have reacted. No am not going to think about her even.

He sees the food and immediately takes out his wallet. It was always his idea that he would pay. This time both the ladies don't seem as upset as about the AC. Buaji rushes to switch on the cooler but not before Arnav tries to stop her. Yes he is no longer that overly nervous new damadji. This is the man we know and admire so much. When he quickly says "ji buaji" and the two ladies smile in relief exhaling the breath they were holding, it feels so good. Very nice acting. 

He was considerate after all. Ordered keeping in mind everyone. So now his wife decides to be touched and a little tearful. Maybe I can think of forgiving her after all. He brought you teekha italian khana and look what you did to him? Feel the guilt girl.. hmm anyone else want to know what the man ordered for himself? The atmosphere has changed in the Gupta household. No longer the chaos. A calm descends as everyone gets used to the new food and the fact that their damadji is not as scary as their daughter had portrayed or he himself portrays. When bitwa explains "Aunty isse aise khate hai" am in tears. I like to believe am not that easily moved by a mere television show but somehow I am really touched. How simply he asks "aapko khana achaha laga?" . I think we are gettign glimpses of how he would have been with his mother .. uncomplicated ,down to earth, eager to please and involve. Like Khushi even I wait with abated breath to hear the verdict. The ladies are always ready to please the damadji so how can they not like the food.  I am remembering the scene where later the two will try to read a cookbook and make pasta for their favourite bitwa.  But today it didn't really matter if the taste was to their liking on or not. He does it in his definitely unorthodox way but the gesture itself has the purest of intentions and no disrespect.

No today I won't get to leave happy. Mohan comes and calls sir outside. Nice direction that he doesn't speak of this in front of sir's new family. This is the last straw. His what the almost begging to be completed today! This time sir goes inside and asks madam to come out. If I was Khushi and saw that scary glint in Arnavji's eyes I would walk out quietly. Again its good to see he did not want to create a scene in front of her family. Drags her in anger his control completely lost. This is not a moment to be cute. Arnav clenches his jaws, turns her head around to show what is the real problem. The music is trying to make it funny and Sanaya tries the sanka act but I am shaking my head. Is she blind to the grimace, the eye roll, the body language which exudes the effort Arnav is having to exert to remain in control! This is serious. What it is leading up to is way serious.

He thinks it is so ridiculous that he blames his wife for it. And she takes umbrage at his insinuation.  He has said much worse and more hurting things and Khushi has dealt with it much more gracefully and forcefully. Oh how I lament the loss of that girl I knew... He keeps bringing the morning incident into his arguments. We know that her callous behaviour has disturbed him, hurt him. In a way that is what is triggering this outburst. I hate them fighting this way. They have done it before but somehow this fight seems way more public. Am feeling awful seeing her walk away and him giving up, leaning that way on his white SUV, looking around slightly lost
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi, did u write 184? Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 234

the scene that touched me most today involved a curiously life like situation. when a wealthy son in law visits his far less economically favored in laws, that too for the very first time, there's always anxiety and tension in the air mixed with a fragile sort of happiness. 

what if damad ji is not comfortable... let's lug out our ancient cooler, we can make do without it, buthe needs special care... khatir. what does he like to eat, how should we make him feel at home... thoughts rifle through the mind and the whole household, even if it is made of the elders essentially, runs about getting things ready. here it is two women, a mother and an aunt, both devoted, both not rich, both terribly loving in their own way who are getting into a tizzy over his visit.

Class vs heart has shown beautifully  here.Gupta house is a ambassader of LOVE and that's what is symbolizes for all.That class may be is not enriched with Diamonds but LOve and affection shines every where more than like a diamond and that lighted his HEART and later he became so caring towards them like no one else.

what's more, both are aware that damad ji is not really a gentle soul. they have seen his gussa, they have witnessed his excess the night he married their daughter and didn't think it was necessary to explain to them the exigencies that brought about the situation.
Gentle but hot headed๐Ÿ˜†...damadji ka dimag bohot garmi wala hai...

what's more, buaji has seen him is pretty nasty imbroglios right here in this house. he has come and slapped money on the table before her eyes... she is large hearted and loving and wants only the best for khushi, she may even forgive the unforgivable but something of that rough arrogance lingers in the mind, colours your thoughts, never lets you be absolutely comfortable.

both the ladies are determined to make this stay as good as possible. where they come from the damad is almost deity... pati parameshwar we say, a patriarchal society quite out of control in its veneration of one gender.

and then comes the airconditioner fiasco.

the whys and wherefores of it may be whatever they are... but for these two ladies it is really painful, hurting... and for their daughter too. though i do wonder, when khushi decided on the spur of the moment to drag him to her middle class home, that too not hers, her aunt's, just to teach him a lesson angered by his class talk on the back of her ittr antic, did she perhaps show a certain insensitivity herself. i know we take our families for granted, and we should, but if he is in such a terrible mood and so scathing of khushi, what was the guarantee he'd behave well with her aunt and mother?

but kkg never thinks about such things, especially when all are people she loves... she is angry and he is going to suffer.

This is Khushi who doesn't think and acts first and that's exactly what she did and never put a thought that how he will behave with her family , the only thing she had to make him suffer for finding the truth.

sadly, she miscalculates and pushes him a bit too much... somewhere around that hurry to eat hot poori, he loses it and decides to do things his way.

the ac arrives, the neighbours are giggling and talking of how the son in law takes care of the family. is there innuendo in that of a girl "catching" a good guy? "phassana" or trapping is how one would refer to it in hindi.

One way to look at it...๐Ÿ‘

bua ji is horrified, garima is shocked but in a placatory frame of mind. khushi is angry beyond words, especially when she picks on her aunt and mother's feelings.

i really liked the way this scene was directed and crafted, so much was said through looks and little gestures, the actors got the moment so well.

as bua ji looked on perplexed, the son in law who is a guest, went ahead to the ac guys and started giving instructions about where to fix a machine in her house without so much as a by your leave. then noticing everyone's expression, he said,

"khushi dekho... main ek ac laga raha hoon ussme itna bada issue, i mean..."

khushi, see... i am getting an ac fixed, why is it becoming such an issue.

to him an ac is a minor thing, plus he is a problem solver type... the heat is getting to him, okay, let's get a solution. yet it is not so simple. is it ever? had he been feeling comfortable and at peace with everything he would have put up with it, he puts up with many things for his family, including regular puja attendance, etc., but he is mad at her, that makes things a bit different.

she expects the worst of him, but even she is taken aback at this thoughtless behaviour.

and the poor ladies. fluttering around him. bua ji almost showing her real feelings, garima trying to make her understand and calm things down... it was interesting how camera recorded emotions through a series of close ups, bua ji's always i felt a bit bigger than the others. it is her house, her self respect that is being bruised.

at garima's "nahin nahin, the wall is strong, it will take the weight..." something seems to register with him...he knows this is not quite ok.

listen, the house may be old, but is it strong like me, says bua ji. perhaps a reference to the guptas... they may be old and not wealthy, but they can bear a lot and still remain standing. i felt really bad for the woman who had lost her husband, had no child, only this house was something of her own, and along comes a rich kid exposing it to this unkind scrutiny. 

Buaji is a pillar of the house...loved this description of yours about her.Indeed they have seen so many tides of life and still moving on.But Loved her when she says to him...If  it makes you happy ...and that's it he registered it , she becomes his Bauji and I adore him when he paces behind her when she gives him a silent treatment on Khushi's Bday.He feels like a child and she does love him as her own Babua...a a woman who did't have a child and that was the reason she was taking Shyam as hers but I saw this epi as DAY and NIGHT because His comparison with Shyam is visible...and she is registering it too ...regardless he is angry or what but honest and pure and she picks that...Her lums bhara haat on his face gives him such a relief when he apologizes and brings gol gappas...That's why I said before in RM no one gives him that and he always gets that in GH ...

bua ji speaks of the cooler again... he grimaces.

"jiji, theek hai na, ooka humri rahan sahan ki aadat nahin hai..." jiji, it's okay, he is not used to living like us. mother like, garima swiftly offers an explanation that will give her young son in law an out and pacify the moment.

bua ji is a sensitive person... maybe he is beginning to sense things and feling a tad ashamed of his hasty action.

for when his personal effects and towels arrive, bua ji and amma look so flummoxed, he decides to give an explanation, he who had marries their daughter in the dark one night and never felt the need to explain himself... in fact had refused to.

"woh, actually mujhe apni cheezen use karne ki thodi aadat hai toh..." he is used to these things, that's why... he says in a quiet sort of way, not at all tycoon in tone.

again looks are exchanged. would like to say once more, i liked the close ups that were used to show feelings, the camera went really close to bua ji this episode, and abha parmar did not disappoint... layered expressions despite their "bua ji" quality of slight exaggeration. in fact the actors used silence, looks and body language really well i felt to convey the darkening, troubled atmosphere. and at a point when amma pointed out to khushi that many changes must have been made to his home at her advent, khushi remembers only the night when he threw her out of the room... deep deep hurt had been inflicted on her by the one who had given her chooris and bindi and a bas karni hai... how her heart must have have been riven by that wedding and its aftermath, a poignant reminder. and that hurt makes her fly into a vengeful anger masked by the ott behaviour perhaps. she is knocked around inside, not quite herself. ๐Ÿ‘if the writing at some point had addressed this, would have been great.

You know This is a first time when after marriage they had shown her hurt ...it is there as the day one...din raat khata rehta hai...

bua ji gives in... whatever makes you happy, if you're happy we are very happy...

the first time with the in laws is often awkward, even tough, and the peculiar accent on the son in law makes everything a bit bizarre, especially in communities such as the guptas'. and a lot of nonsense is often taken from damad ji. perhaps there's tension on both sides and that causes this abnormal air. usually things ease up gradually... which is exactly what we will see here in the coming days as asr becomes completely a part of the family.

which is why too perhaps this scene had traction. an understanding of a social milieu in it.

in khushi's words that becomes so clear..."
aaj din bhar aap yeh jata chuke hain ki aap iss ghar ke dammaad hain..."

you've let us know through out the day that you are the son in law of this house.

before i move on, a request... did you notice the carry bag in which the wealthy young businessman's expensive amenities arrived? it had floral patterns. oh how we need a thread devoted to ipk's bad props... pillleejh๐Ÿ‘.๐Ÿ˜†

watch out... she'll be coming round the mohalla when she comes, she'll be asking many questions when she comes, she'll be inquisitive beyond belief when she comes...

and she'll pinch your cheek and kiss you wet and wild on the forehead before she goes.

oh that was a fun encounter. of course all punch line fantastic... my favourite: yeah, you're good looking but are you educated? a question usually asked of girls... and then his irritated alpha male type extremely irritated and slightly snobbish... have done mba, from harvard.

ah haridwar!

the face of the man, the slightest change of expression in the eyes on cue, and the lips...

"bijnech hai," he has a business... bua ji leaps into the fray to defend her damad... he works in bahut barey phactory (a very big factory) and below him work thousands of people.

old lady is not to be outdone. arre even below lalan has so many people work and he has such a big dukan.

so lalan one is here already i am thinking.

"ji dukan nahin... chain of industries hai meri..." not a shop, i have  chain of industries... my hero can't take it.

"chain!!!" in unison say the three devis... ๐Ÿคฃwhat's it with this three women thing in ipk. again and again we see it. just a while back it was khushi, bua ji, amma serving. now three friends visit. at rm, it's nani ji, mami ji, anjali. and once it was la, pam and sim.

"chain ki dukan hai???" you have a chain shop?

one eyebrow goes up though mouth remains open in disbelief...

"nahin nahin, dukanon ki chain..." no, no, a chain of many shops says khushi quickly.

at this old lady can't contain her excitement and goes for some action. echoing the sentiments of half the world's female population she says he is very good looking, bahut sundar. and goes for his cheek.

after her kiss on forehead, she blesses him, "jug jug jiyo, beta..."

great scene... and there's a happy jar of pickle on the table now...

money for damad ji's ittr is passed to khushi.

the man is losing it...

"ittr? inhen toh ittr bahut pasand hai..." khushi is gleeful, oh he loves ittr, she lies.

"whatever," comes a gruff one.

"whatever?" says old lady of sharp ears.

"whatever kya hai beta..." what's that, she asks khushi. of course, she had also wanted to know the meaning of "what the!" and had been given an english lesson by sanka devi.

"matlab, janam janmantar..." means for this life and beyond... he will keep me happy, so happy the whole world would be left gaping... comes khushi's creative take on her husband's much used word.

and to that, old lady blesses them... may you have saaton janam rishta... a relationship that last through seven lifetimes.

I loved this scene a lot , very deep and eye opener for him as his smart brain never thought of this how will she cope when she will return after the contract...marriage is an institution in this class for a different reason which he never pondered upon

bitiya is struck...

bitwa looks at her.

and in an instant a pure ipk flip... the mood has become warm, intense, no ha ha in it...

saaton janam tak tumhara rishta bana rahe bitiya, a look on his face, on hers and a hey hey rising in the air.

never know where it will come from, what will trigger it. that sudden moment which says you are connected... always. no matter what... the deed is done, no going back...

Khushi 's heart is clearly showing him her vulnerability and that pause and lok shows how deeply she wants it to be so real and wants to pause this moment.

hey hey..

she looks at him, a funny pain somewhere.

a dard...

rabba vey...

an awkwardness an awareness, they cross each other and go their own way...

going back to the top of the episode...

the tycoon is feeling the heat literally. he toils away at his laptop, looking disgruntled almost woebegone.

he's looking a dish with that loosened tie and unhappy air, yet a concentration in the eyes... something interesting about workaholics.

He  is melting over Khushi no matter what , she is the reason of his smile ...paagal hai but cute hai... is surfacing up...

a  bead of sweat drips down from temple to eyelid and below, obstructing vision. he looks around seeking a fan, some respite...

gets up to do something and that's when he notices the other man.

salman.
khushi's fave poster boy.

suffer, baby, i think... you have been the other man in my husband's life for too long, it's time you got a dose of it yourself. so this is your biwi's fantasy man... and trust me if she knew about fan fic, she'd be writing them too. 100 secrets of chulbul pandey by kkg...sr.

er, she is the dulhan in the palki, and her he man is carrying it. this scene was daft and funny... the poster loving just past her teens khushi. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

yes yes raise the eyebrow, dear man... so cutely amused is he, a little superior air too in it.

i almost heard him think "pagal". i bet she came to mind and in a jiffy his ire was gone, he was smiling. that's the effect this crazy girl has on him.

he however has made her mad with his actions. she decides he is doing an "occupy" on her room much like her little take over of his.
lovely mingling of their things, especially when mr finicky does it something so sexy in that...

she is resolved now to teach him zindagi ka path. life's lessons.

she was also contemplating destroying his nose with her mosquito killing racquet. remember her dashing against his cheek months ago in a fit of loveria? even the mosquito gives an excuse to get on with the lovin', of course asr kkgsr way, slap, whack, what the, get out shut up i hate you included.

Yes this time the mosquito is his ego which she is wiping off with racket...Khushi and her love of mosquitoes..๐Ÿ˜† especially on him ...just a way to touch him

he was quite sure he wasn't sharing a bed with her.

in the meantime the lights went off.

an episode with laughter, fun, sadness, pain, love and sexiness... all so well balanced. 

edit: posted in a sleepy haze. added a couple of thoughts in the morning, they are in blue.

Stupendous write up  ๐Ÿ‘

Loved Buaji section...she is true to her character...straight forward and mun ki saaf...[clear conscious]

Damadji is not used to this life style but he will be the one who will be proud to come million times for his Buaji and his Khushi later and he will be the one after blessings of 7 lifetimes...will care to redeems their relation...even though Khushi will be in a rude mood because of his accusations of loving money and hard to leave all crap speech which he is going to give her at the end of this trip and later bringing back contract after kidnapping...

My comments are in between...
Horizon thumbnail
Aarwen, we can never make peace with that public bath, becos there is NO sense in it from any angle than to show my once loved girl in a very bad light. Khushi of guest house, resignation, even Diwali, sangeet  took a complete U turn here and I couldn't get myself to identify her again till date! You are absolutely right, bathing outside Is long gone even in rural india. They should have shown babuji or Shyamwa bathing near Laxmi nagar public pumps if that were the case.
The most disgusting part is, he is NOT even aware where she was taking him as his face has all soap until he opens eyes to find himself half naked in the middle of road.. I feel embarrassed even to think of it for a fictional character.. and khushi could care two hoots about publicly parading her husband! 

Public bath and towel dance are two I haven't watched till date..  the latter vulgar nonsensical for my tastes, had at least some symbolic significance altho I cant watch it. But this one none. I said here some where recently, he didn't need brain wash on class revelations, he and his sister must have seen more wretched days without a roof on their head initially.

He teaching them how to eat is truly emotional.. this man is a mass of emotions.. when he is soft.. he is a complete marsh mellow.. that anger is what gives him the shape and firmness needed other wise he is a total jelly!  (and she is a jhalli  ๐Ÿ˜†)

some how love that last shot, he standing leaning onto the SUV totally fed up and frustrated.  I am surprised that he didn't drive back to RM in a jiffy when he got the suv finally.
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 234

A disgruntled cute ASR. I never thought I would see him in this disheveled state. Messy hair, tie askew, sleeves rolled up, salty droplets travelling down the sharp lines of his face brushed away with impatience. While we stare at him, he looks around the room. Finally the meeting with his arch nemesis.. the man he can never measure upto or so Khushi thought. One fine day she will replace the photo with a man much dearer to her. For now .. Salman khanji. Aah the eye roll.. He averts his eyes. Does he get a feeling it is personal to Khushi? But then again this is his khushi. He has all the right to see. Strange that after all that these two have been through together this is the first time he can take respite and get a glimpse of the girl and how she lived.Eyes travel to another wall and this time try as he might he can't control, the now legendary, sinful curving of those lips. i believe in extreme sinning, beautiful note on how this is the first time he is really getting a glimpse into his girl's life before that fateful night.  Again looks away but something has registered the innocent dreams of love that this girl had. Maybe the poster on the wall in his room now holds a significance much dearer than before.

same thoughts I have in my previous ones , this is his chance to see how his girl is brought up and what is her life style closely .

While the distracted tycoon struggles to turn his attention back to work, buaji and aunty peep into their daughter's room. Hesitant to approach the still distant and almost fearful son-in-law. But his insistent "buaji" ? Not sure what it is all about yet considerate or plain curious? Somewhere deep down he experiences the love these people are showing him and that brings out the politeness. It will take some eye opening words from Khushi to make his conscious self realize how hard and earnestly the Gupta family is trying to embrace him with open arms, but for now his subconscious self feels it for sure.

Carefully laid out comedy of errors in play.  

All this shows how they both are careful to cope with their rich Damadji , contrast of classes and how do they deal with these sensitive issues...

Unsuspecting he walks out to meet the AC wala, but what the? The smiling women waiting for the muh dikhayi of  Khushi bitiya's extremely good looking pati. Khushi in her best loving new wife behaviour starts the introductions. He looks up at "ye humare wo hai" .. kishan kanhaiya..sakshat nand kishore.. Vimala mausi, Taiji, pata nai Lata getting to let our favourite man know what all the taiji's,  bahu's,  saheliyan all over the world feel for him. ๐Ÿคฃ Did Arnav bitwa just get shy with all the compliments? Is that why he wants to leave? "ye thore sharmile kisim ke hai".. never thought i would hear these words for the dashing ruthless handsome ASR..

"Roop toh hai par parha likha hai ki nai?".. a lot like us saying, it not just the striking face but the sheer unimaginable qualities of talent that make us crazy about this actor who makes this character come alive.. oh Barun Sobti how did you manage that look? That inflection while saying, "MBA kiya hai.. Harvard se", in a voice as if he is explaining something to a 2 year old. Definitely not the usual ASR voice. Can never ever be the voice of just another guy yet somehow more down to earth. "Haridwar!". Defintiely not the reaction he was aiming for. He can't take the comparison to some nobody ha ha ha ha our laad governor he is after all.๐Ÿ˜† these ladies are talking about. A quick glance at his wife. Will she come to save the day for him today? No you are on your own Harvard boy. This whole situation hysterically funny yet the Harvard bitwa (I so love this name !) returned trying his best to sort it our with his usual common sense. "Chain of industries". Alas there are some things which even Harvard doesn't prepare you for.

Neat camera trick while the happy old lady advances towards the boy whose expression borders on alarm with each passing microsecond. The super lucky old woman gets to kiss him. umm on the forehead. Very real this giving of money by elder. It happens in my house all the time. And we also come to know the actual person who taught Khushi all about charming husbands with Chandni chowk ka best itr ๐Ÿ˜†. "bitiya ko khush rakhoge na?" In answer a grumbling adorable "never" or "whatever" I couldn't be sure. Khushi steps in firmly. "itna khush ki sab dekhte reh jayenge" Already a foreshadowing of the touching scene between the mother and her daughter. "satho janam" leads to beguiling panic on both faces. They had forgotten all this is temporary. When did it all become so much fun? When did it all become so easy? When did it all become perfect? When did it all become just the way they would want to live their life hamesha? ๐Ÿ‘

Now familiar beautiful music is heard. Their steps towards each other. Crossing. Stopping. Turning. Rabba ve whirling. Their expressions talking. Essential IPK.. 

Akash and Payal's scene gets me thinking.. Just one month into the marriage for both the couples.. unbelievable!  While one continues with the expected notions of gifts and smiles the other continue like they have. From the first day they set eyes on each other there were insults .. there were tears .. wild emotions .. unrestrained love .. and the unparalleled sense of belonging. 

For once IPk has a side actor who is acting well... the lucky old lady who got to pull the beloved damadji's cheek gleefully exclaims seeing the new AC.  5 year purana Cooler dev soon to be threatened by the brand new AC devi. Another new loves story in the making..hehehe

Maybe it is the feeling of owning the other person that causes Arnav the oversight. Overstepping of boundaries because there haven't been any ever between these two. On teej when his hand had risen on his own accord to wipe away the irritation. On janmashtami she would trick him to bring laad governor to nand kishore. He will pay her father's hospital bill. His boring party is where she will add her chatpata flavors. Always this disregard of personal space. A simple action as standing together and you couldn't help not notice how impossibly close they would stand. How deeply and for unnatural lengths of time would they stare at each other. There was never a question of tumhara or mera.. long back it had become humara..
Excellent that underlined ...But this is their way of showing haq, right to each other.
So when Khushi asks him about his new purchase he does not catch on why she is upset. Maybe a vague thought that they may mind him spending. But he is wilting in the heat so decided to get an AC. As simple as that. "bas karni hai" had said our man of action.that day. It is just an AC whats the big deal are his thoughts today. But he forgot these are self respecting people. Not just Khushi but there are other members in this house. Buaji with her crystal clear conscience will not pretend like everything is fine when she is hurt. And Arnav immediately understands that they are upset. Asks the workers to mind their own business and stands there with an air of helplessness. He hadn't meant for things to go this way.

Their comfort level with each other is very much intend them to do stuff which is Ajeeb but this is his learning lesson...if she didn't think what will happen to her family and how will he behave before bringing him here, He doesn't think beyond that...I explained their characterization and acts towards each other in 228 clearly , he is full of errors too like her...Both are similar in many ways.This is a learning lesson for Khushi too..This track has designed for them to learn each other for taking the storm of the next phase..

Amma tries to be understanding "Unka humare rehen sehen ki aadat nai hai".. But the over smart worked speaks again.. "Apke sabun aur towel." Bubua tries damage control but all three women in the room are definitely hurt by this. And then buaji with her magnanimous heart says a very very sweet line "tum jaise khush raho humko toh usmi mein khushi hoi" .. 

Khushi follows her family. Feeling all their hurt not sure what to do about it. Wise Garima reminds Khushi about changes in the Raizada household for their own bahuriya. Inadvertently it opens up another much deeper hurt. The night he unceremoniously for no valid reason discernible discarded her from his life. She returns to the room still upset, deep in reverie of the awful night. All the chot she has been trying so hard to fight. The sadness which tended to throttle her had been painstakingly pushed away in the attempts to disrupt Arnav's life. And just like that I am sympathizing with Khushi again.

I felt her pain all the time and why does she act the way she act...Again in this epi twice her pain surfaces up...

Arnav still stands looking concerned and fretful. His ill-humor, frustration was all for his wife not her family. Again IPK depicts this very normal real life problem and depicts it with heartwarming clarity and sincerity as well. Such is the delicate relation of a new son-in-law or daughter-in-law and the in-laws that it doesn't take to much to disbalance it. The relationship when new is extremely fragile, but as you get closer the bond strengthens. As a result of all these moments we' ll see Arnav and these mother like figures in his life share an unmistakable bond. The people and the place will bring him respite and a strong sense of belonging. The gupta house will soon become his favourite vacation spot.  It is a journey in its own right worth making for Arnav bitwa.

Only days earlier had the feisty girl insisted that everything belonged in equal share to her as her husband. Now the sudden realisation that the same is true vice versa as well. His toiletries, laptop, files, Ac (and somewhere the handy bluetooth) all part of her little world now. These are mere material possessions, the entire ASR aura has infiltrated Khushi's being. Even her own song has a little what the in it..  

She will be writing her own kismat like him ...remember

So much misunderstanding.. how can she not see he has nothing but respect for elders? And worse how can he not see the pure heart she has.. hai re nand kishore ab ka kari inka. She wants to teach the common ways of life to the boy who lost everything on one tragic night. To a boy who must have battled god knows what to provide for his only remaining family. And the boy who after all that struggle emerged victorious or did he? Doesn't every war pass on its burden to the soldiers who fought in it? Has Arnav Singh Raizada ever been free from the turmoil of that night and its repurcursions? Isn't everything he does an attempt to not fall into the mediocrity of a common man's life or maybe even worse. His insistence that paisa is everything is because he has lived a life where paisa was important because of how hard it must have been been to obtain.absolutely... ๐Ÿ‘

Few strings of new lively music herald the arrival of the night we have all been waiting for. Obviously he can't sleep on the same bed as his wife. Too much self control needed ๐Ÿ˜†. Funny that the boy objects and the girl still hasn't given it much thought. Uff ye comfort ko kya naam de? Never have I liked those filthy sneaky animals so much as this night. Did Khushi mention all this to have him near? Will we ever know? Can we only dream? 

Greedy mosquitoes only wanting the sweet Raizada boy's blood. Oh the cute completely baffled Arnav and the over zealous kartavya pura karne wali Khushi. Why is she trying so hard to kill the damn mosquitoes feasting on her mouth watering Arnavji. The faithful AC has been switched on and the less faithful electricity has decided to leave these two crazy ajeeb lovers alone.. can't wait for the ambrosial bedtime to arrive.. 

Lovely Rhea...๐Ÿ‘

Love this epi way too much for so many reasons...An eye opener for both...zindagi ka paath , lesson ...they both need to learn while being married for 6 months but that will change to for forever...

My comments are in between.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

rshi's Index  

EPISODE 233

Rishton ke Rang...[Colors of relations]

A beautiful Memory...This pattern took me years back where my aunt used to stich a family patchwork quilt with all of the kids names on it with embroidery .A symbol of Family and we all  [cousins..5 of us] always share it while she used to tell us story...and feeding us peanuts and raisins in winter...and today that's what I saw in this epi...Relations , family ,etc

"Agar Haath chod diya tou Rangoli Kharab ho jayegi"[ Rangoli will be disturbed if I left your hand ] These words left a mark on me for these reasons...

1-Look at the set pattern of Rangoli which is made up of basically different shades of red [Arnav's color] and Green and golden [ Khushi's color] mingle together with Earth colors As these two are mingle together with other set relations around them.Rangoli represents peace and harmony in relationships.Khushi runs alone over the earth colors without setting the pattern , which indicates she will leave Arnav without disturbing the colors of relationships

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: She does leave him for the sake of Anjali over Buaji's health. 

2-but she also has Arnav's plant in her hand, the rejuvenation of his happy life.Arnav and her has a distance but he reached close to her later  but without Trust and that's why he stumbles on his steps but the beauty is she holds his hand with her both hands...and also guides him on the right path.Arnav will always follow her even she will leave him .

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: More than 5 times in a day he was in GH later just for Khushi..

3-BUT my deepest grabber is Khushi will break first and will shattered badly as she said to him "how nice you look obeying and trusting me"...poor soul has no clue yet and that's why when at the terrace he discloses the revelation of the marriage , she creates this "Khaleej" distance mentally which today she and Arnav has.She doesn't even bother justifying herself either. She leaves him later when she sees there is no Trust in between them as Arnav reminds her about "Contract " to keep her with him and break her again.

4-Now her saying if I leave the hand then colors will be disturbed, She is saying it but Arnav will grasp the meaning of it deeply after developing the deep relation with Guptas.Later when Khushi wants to refuse to go back RM, He reminds her lets see how her parents will react and she begs him not to do so and comes back with him...till then he knows if he will let her go his whole life will shattered without her ...

redit to the maker 5-Now the milk when she was in the kitchen of RM she was boiling it and today she gives milk to one of the neighbors...took me back to "Durgha" where Arnav in rage orders to release all the fashion show footage.She was wearing White...Purity and Arnav stains her purity and Khushi again gets tainted by Arnav by giving herself on that dreadful night  as she gave milk [purity] to the neighbor .But When Arnav takes her back home He returns her "pearls" Her PURITY and RESPECT and TRUST back to her. GH is the transformation period of Arnav more than Khushi.

6-Neighbor brings the sugar, Happiness to them but who holds it ...Garima as she is the key of happiness of this relationship later...She is the one whose truth will make this relationship bitter...

7-Buaji's million dollar saying.."Kursi ko idhar lagake rakha hain - Kaa faraq padhta hain Garima, Chat oonchin karo toh kono baat hain" [issues solve by expanding your thought process not by changing Location of chairs to reach to the Truth]. This track will help him see the half-truth - "Shyam-Khushi Engagement" that's where his stumble comes and blurred vision without glasses comes when Buaji was looking for glasses.Blurred vision as he still can't see clear PURITY of hers because of the fragments of info , as he was seeing through broken pieces of mirror.BUT Transparent soup "Wohi jissmain aar paar dikhta hai..."

Where for ASR ,to find the Key on the road to the whole truth ...has to think like Buaji said...deep thinking at different angles...in different direction

pisode starts with Grehparvesh of the couple side by side...rigt in front of Big Vast Rangoli.Again Khushi asks him carefully don't disturb the pattern as she always does for Payal and Anjali and family but Arnav has a straight forward one direction solution,lets go home...But the very next moment he gets astonished seeing her amble walk over it with his pots in her hand.She isn't for leaving in this at all..."Dhaga hum ne marzi se nahin thama..par ab jab bandh liya hai tou..."

Pause here: Resentment was all over his face when Khushi exclaimed with joy that how beautiful Rangoli has been set in your welcome.It was hard for him to have an eye contact for a second.

Don't forget he started his journey over the Rangoli by putting his right foot up ...Janamon ka saath...

PONERING CONNECTED DOTS:Khushi started her journey by putting her right foot first in RM though Anjali told her.

Arnav didn't take his eyes off  of her as he knows his "Manzil" destination and  it is a zigzag  way to reach her.But one thing is clear he does follow her regardless he stumbles in this trust issue.But she pulls him to her safe heaven.

Symbolism and connection:Her hand is at the top of him and that shows her trust on him , Arnav second hand is full of weight , his bag and hers in one hand ...meaning he carries a guilt baggage and an abhorrence baggage together all the time .

He is taking his small and hesitant steps towards the real life from which he is away and ignorant.

Khushi who was detached for a while but never let him off of her sight either till she grabs him and that shows she will accept him by understanding the facts behind this marriage and why he did that.La's words "Tum tou samajhdar ho Khushi, tum samjh jaogi".. will come true at the end of this track and will follow her during Kidnapping.The Unconditional Love of these two will be at the peak during Telepathy.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: They have gone through Rangoli before where he stumbled last time while trusting his own guts to embrace her with love  and today he stumbled at trusting her but again can't embrace her with Love.That day colors brought them together and today again colors are bringing them closer than ever.

Then

Now

Laterboth get frozen in their touch by holding hands and gazes at the same time.Khushi's uneven breathing didn't go unnoticed by Arnav and his soft, peaceful desires couldn't leave without touching her visage.They both get aroused by simple touch and that is setting it's own place in their hearts to make them more craved for each other each day.

They finally reached to the door which is opened by Buaji and her first words "NandKishore has come !!"...Krishna, Who sets balances and vanquishes evil and here comes Khushi's 1 minute 55 seconds which also reminded him Balance and harmony because she lies down, she will be going through a lot to reach to this balance and he didn't hear her and passed her yesterday and that's exactly happened , his blurred vision is going to make him do hasty things till he will see her and as he turns around with his"sexy Serious" and she was holding the key...Her heart ...and the key in the soup is Anjali's heart , the child , unborn key , unborn child which in return is Arnav's heart...

The next scene took me to the next level after water fight in between Anjali and Shyam...Three women , Khushi , Garima and Buaji... [3 meaning success as it is a masculine #]  standing holding in their hand...All come and stand side by side and that showed me as Ravan with different heads ,lies...as each one of them has a lie to share...Garima who didn't want to share this news at all for Payal's happiness.Buaji didn't share as Khushi stopped her.Khushi didn't tell Anjali for her sake.

Symbolism and connection:But here is the thing, they are holding 5 bowls and plates...two in Khushi and Buaji's hands while Garima is holding one...where 5 also sets harmony and balance... Symbolic meaning of incarnation of conscious where 4 relates with what matter most and 1 represents to incarnation of spirit as in the long run he will lift his spirit up from his past wounds related with other woman...Who was shown as Garima...I have my doubts about that...

But Khushi is in the middle and he just paid attention to her rather than anyone else...He accepted whatever offered ...he will accepts the truth without asking anything in return.

Arnav finishes his meal and refuses to sweets... walks out for cleaning hands in front of broken mirror with missing piece in an bewildered state... while khushi comes and offers him a towel..and he just gives her a glare at her for delicious puris.

Symboilsm and connection:broken mirror with missing piece is indicating of Shyam's truth but half as it is missing big piece of info...No proof..same thing as three women like many heads and broken pieces many heads ...lies lies lies...and troubles un clear.

His refusing sweet that the Gupta's offered meaning he will still see Khushi through that opaque soap and will see her as culprit as he didn't wash his hands (I loved the camera angle here where Arnav looks at the soap then at Khushi) because his vision will be blurred with the half-truths spoken by Shyam to everyone..from Anjali to Guptas to him... "No Handwash" i.e. no transparency as no one knows what a manipulator and devil Shyam Manohar Jha is, , no one knows the lengths he can go to or has gone, starting from Bauji's paralysis to Anjali's accident. Till all this connects, till the broken picture becomes whole,

Here comes Buaji's words.. "kuan pyasa ke paas nahi aa sakta hai to pyasa kuan ke paas ja sakta hain".He will move towards the truth and will put two and two together and Shyam will help him as he said to Babli.."Shyam uncle hain na" ...He is the one who kidnapped Arnav and all of his master plan and his death will took him to  his grave...[was not the part of script but worked really well]...Well Cupid got his slippery plan in action...

Arshi
Loved that at the top about your own nostalgic moments.. he looked awkward crossing that rangoli..but rangoli looked very impressive. This GH track is a hard pill to swallow anytime.. but your write up is nice.  Loved the broken mirror symbolism. thanks
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

EPISODE 233

Rishton ke Rang...[Colors of relations] Perfect title ๐Ÿ‘

A beautiful Memory...This pattern took me years back where my aunt used to stich a family patchwork quilt with all of the kids names on it with embroidery .A symbol of Family and we all  [cousins..5 of us] always share it while she used to tell us story...and feeding us peanuts and raisins in winter...and today that's what I saw in this epi...Relations , family ,etc wow that must be a very sweet memory.

"Agar Haath chod diya tou Rangoli Kharab ho jayegi"[ Rangoli will be disturbed if I left your hand ] These words left a mark on me for these reasons...

1-Look at the set pattern of Rangoli which is made up of basically different shades of red [Arnav's color] and Green and golden [ Khushi's color] mingle together with Earth colors As these two are mingle together with other set relations around them.Rangoli represents peace and harmony in relationships.Khushi runs alone over the earth colors without setting the pattern , which indicates she will leave Arnav without disturbing the colors of relationships beautiful description of the rangoli and its meaning. 

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: She does leave him for the sake of Anjali over Buaji's health. 

2-but she also has Arnav's plant in her hand, the rejuvenation of his happy life.Arnav and her has a distance but he reached close to her later  but without Trust and that's why he stumbles on his steps but the beauty is she holds his hand with her both hands...and also guides him on the right path.Arnav will always follow her even she will leave him .

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: More than 5 times in a day he was in GH later just for Khushi..

3-BUT my deepest grabber is Khushi will break first and will shattered badly as she said to him "how nice you look obeying and trusting me"...poor soul has no clue yet and that's why when at the terrace he discloses the revelation of the marriage , she creates this "Khaleej" distance mentally which today she and Arnav has.She doesn't even bother justifying herself either. She leaves him later when she sees there is no Trust in between them as Arnav reminds her about "Contract " to keep her with him and break her again.

4-Now her saying if I leave the hand then colors will be disturbed, She is saying it but Arnav will grasp the meaning of it deeply after developing the deep relation with Guptas.Later when Khushi wants to refuse to go back RM, He reminds her lets see how her parents will react and she begs him not to do so and comes back with him...till then he knows if he will let her go his whole life will shattered without her ... love how you bring that scene in relation to this.

credit to the maker 

5-Now the milk when she was in the kitchen of RM she was boiling it and today she gives milk to one of the neighbors...took me back to "Durgha" where Arnav in rage orders to release all the fashion show footage.She was wearing White...Purity and Arnav stains her purity and Khushi again gets tainted by Arnav by giving herself on that dreadful night  as she gave milk [purity] to the neighbor .But When Arnav takes her back home He returns her "pearls" Her PURITY and RESPECT and TRUST back to her. GH is the transformation period of Arnav more than Khushi.

6-Neighbor brings the sugar, Happiness to them but who holds it ...Garima as she is the key of happiness of this relationship later...She is the one whose truth will make this relationship bitter...

7-Buaji's million dollar saying.."Kursi ko idhar lagake rakha hain - Kaa faraq padhta hain Garima, Chat oonchin karo toh kono baat hain" [issues solve by expanding your thought process not by changing Location of chairs to reach to the Truth]. This track will help him see the half-truth - "Shyam-Khushi Engagement" that's where his stumble comes and blurred vision without glasses comes when Buaji was looking for glasses.Blurred vision as he still can't see clear PURITY of hers because of the fragments of info , as he was seeing through broken pieces of mirror.BUT Transparent soup "Wohi jissmain aar paar dikhta hai..."

Where for ASR ,to find the Key on the road to the whole truth ...has to think like Buaji said...deep thinking at different angles...in different direction

Episode starts with Grehparvesh of the couple side by side...rigt in front of Big Vast Rangoli.Again Khushi asks him carefully don't disturb the pattern as she always does for Payal and Anjali and family but Arnav has a straight forward one direction solution,lets go home...But the very next moment he gets astonished seeing her amble walk over it with his pots in her hand.She isn't for leaving in this at all..."Dhaga hum ne marzi se nahin thama..par ab jab bandh liya hai tou..."

Pause here: Resentment was all over his face when Khushi exclaimed with joy that how beautiful Rangoli has been set in your welcome.It was hard for him to have an eye contact for a second.

Don't forget he started his journey over the Rangoli by putting his right foot up ...Janamon ka saath... nice catch

PONERING CONNECTED DOTS:Khushi started her journey by putting her right foot first in RM though Anjali told her.

Arnav didn't take his eyes off  of her as he knows his "Manzil" destination and  it is a zigzag  way to reach her.But one thing is clear he does follow her regardless he stumbles in this trust issue.But she pulls him to her safe heaven.

Symbolism and connection:Her hand is at the top of him and that shows her trust on him , Arnav second hand is full of weight , his bag and hers in one hand ...meaning he carries a guilt baggage and an abhorrence baggage together all the time .

He is taking his small and hesitant steps towards the real life from which he is away and ignorant.

Khushi who was detached for a while but never let him off of her sight either till she grabs him and that shows she will accept him by understanding the facts behind this marriage and why he did that.La's words "Tum tou samajhdar ho Khushi, tum samjh jaogi".. will come true at the end of this track and will follow her during Kidnapping.The Unconditional Love of these two will be at the peak during Telepathy.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: They have gone through Rangoli before where he stumbled last time while trusting his own guts to embrace her with love  and today he stumbled at trusting her but again can't embrace her with Love.That day colors brought them together and today again colors are bringing them closer than ever. โค๏ธ 

Then

Now

Later

They both get frozen in their touch by holding hands and gazes at the same time.Khushi's uneven breathing didn't go unnoticed by Arnav and his soft, peaceful desires couldn't leave without touching her visage.They both get aroused by simple touch and that is setting it's own place in their hearts to make them more craved for each other each day.

They finally reached to the door which is opened by Buaji and her first words "NandKishore has come !!"...Krishna, Who sets balances and vanquishes evil and here comes Khushi's 1 minute 55 seconds which also reminded him Balance and harmony because she lies down, she will be going through a lot to reach to this balance and he didn't hear her and passed her yesterday and that's exactly happened , his blurred vision is going to make him do hasty things till he will see her and as he turns around with his"sexy Serious" and she was holding the key...Her heart ...and the key in the soup is Anjali's heart , the child , unborn key , unborn child which in return is Arnav's heart...

The next scene took me to the next level after water fight in between Anjali and Shyam...Three women , Khushi , Garima and Buaji... [3 meaning success as it is a masculine #]  standing holding in their hand...All come and stand side by side and that showed me as Ravan with different heads ,lies...as each one of them has a lie to share...Garima who didn't want to share this news at all for Payal's happiness.Buaji didn't share as Khushi stopped her.Khushi didn't tell Anjali for her sake.

Symbolism and connection:But here is the thing, they are holding 5 bowls and plates...two in Khushi and Buaji's hands while Garima is holding one...where 5 also sets harmony and balance... Symbolic meaning of incarnation of conscious where 4 relates with what matter most and 1 represents to incarnation of spirit as in the long run he will lift his spirit up from his past wounds related with other woman...Who was shown as Garima...I have my doubts about that...

But Khushi is in the middle and he just paid attention to her rather than anyone else...He accepted whatever offered ...he will accepts the truth without asking anything in return. 

Arnav finishes his meal and refuses to sweets... walks out for cleaning hands in front of broken mirror with missing piece in an bewildered state... while khushi comes and offers him a towel..and he just gives her a glare at her for delicious puris.

Symboilsm and connection:broken mirror with missing piece is indicating of Shyam's truth but half as it is missing big piece of info...No proof..same thing as three women like many heads and broken pieces many heads ...lies lies lies...and troubles un clear.

His refusing sweet that the Gupta's offered meaning he will still see Khushi through that opaque soap and will see her as culprit as he didn't wash his hands (I loved the camera angle here where Arnav looks at the soap then at Khushi) because his vision will be blurred with the half-truths spoken by Shyam to everyone..from Anjali to Guptas to him... "No Handwash" i.e. no transparency as no one knows what a manipulator and devil Shyam Manohar Jha is, , no one knows the lengths he can go to or has gone, starting from Bauji's paralysis to Anjali's accident. Till all this connects, till the broken picture becomes whole, 

Here comes Buaji's words.. "kuan pyasa ke paas nahi aa sakta hai to pyasa kuan ke paas ja sakta hain".He will move towards the truth and will put two and two together and Shyam will help him as he said to Babli.."Shyam uncle hain na" ...He is the one who kidnapped Arnav and all of his master plan and his death will took him to  his grave...[was not the part of script but worked really well]...Well Cupid got his slippery plan in action...

I love the titles you select..."Rishton ke rang"..sounds so beautiful. Very thoughtful as always Faiqa. Your detailed and interwowen explanations about rangoli was very nice. Also you remind us of the deceit of the Gupta women and the unjust mistrust in Arnav. In a way they have all wronged the Raizadas. I think if babuji was able to speak he would have wanted to tell the truth. Marked my favourite parts in blue.

Also I think in your comment to Indi di you write more about Khushi walking away and Arnav following her trying to keep the relation intact. I loved that comment of yours. Khushi was so used to putting a happy face for others. Living her life for others. And with Arnav was where she could belong. She need not be responsible this time. But he would come after her. He was willing to take care of her and keep her close. She needed this certainty. 
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Aarwen, we can never make peace with that public bath, becos there is NO sense in it from any angle than to show my once loved girl in a very bad light. Khushi of guest house, resignation, even Diwali, sangeet  took a complete U turn here and I couldn't get myself to identify her again till date! You are absolutely right, bathing outside Is long gone even in rural india. They should have shown babuji or Shyamwa bathing near Laxmi nagar public pumps if that were the case.

The most disgusting part is, he is NOT even aware where she was taking him as his face has all soap until he opens eyes to find himself half naked in the middle of road.. I feel embarrassed even to think of it for a fictional character.. and khushi could care two hoots about publicly parading her husband! 

Public bath and towel dance are two I haven't watched till date..  the latter vulgar nonsensical for my tastes, had at least some symbolic significance altho I cant watch it. But this one none. I said here some where recently, he didn't need brain wash on class revelations, he and his sister must have seen more wretched days without a roof on their head initially.

He teaching them how to eat is truly emotional.. this man is a mass of emotions.. when he is soft.. he is a complete marsh mellow.. that anger is what gives him the shape and firmness needed other wise he is a total jelly!  (and she is a jhalli  ๐Ÿ˜†)

some how love that last shot, he standing leaning onto the SUV totally fed up and frustrated.  I am surprised that he didn't drive back to RM in a jiffy when he got the suv finally.

jelly and jhalli ki ajab prem kahani..haha .. Really appreciate you reading my take inspite of all your dislike to what is shown. Yes I also squirm at that towel dance but will put up with it since Arnav did it for Khushi.. A popular book/show has this dialogue.."The things you do for love".. 
And I am with you on that last scene. Barun has such fabulous body language that it is a delight to watch him on screen portraying various emotions. Thanks again for reading..
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Thnx Horizon for reading 233.GH track has it's own meaning regardless I never liked in the beginning but since I am analyzing each epi ,it makes and does make a whole lot sense to me.

It's strange , your Quoting the post technical issue solved quickly , I really had hard time one day.