Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
loved the update arnav and khushi that was so wicked but truthfully shyam and anjlai stole the show so cute loved the conversation loved how he gave her the flower from the buch the of trust and khushi and arnav lord loved their knock jokes awesome loved it thanks for the pm.
pearl.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fabulous update...shyam's encounter wid anjali was so beautifully n brilliantly written...abhaas n daljeet do make a good pair...coming to khushi i just cant wait for her to begin her internship at AR...loved n enjoyed reading d update...thanks..
aycma98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great update! 
Shyam finally met Anjali, and what an interaction. He's already falling for her on one meet. While Arnav and Khushi on the other hand, are barely surviving one minute with each other. 

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wow loved the shyam and anji meeting
dsbj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
story is moving smoothly.. luv the way it is progressing .. waiting for next.
archita_59 thumbnail
I loved how arnav made her agree... Its surprising to see how much he knows abt her just by guessing
Shyam and anjali were adorable!! I think khushi will approve of her bhabhi
Plz cont soon
fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Archi, love the story. Please update next part soon.
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Hey guys,

I'm back with the next update. Thank you for all the wonderful comments! I know many of you are don't get Khushi's obsession with her father, but trust me, it will make sense eventually πŸ˜Š

Silent Whispers
-CHAPTER NINE-
Prove Me Wrong

"Give it back!"

"Nope."

"I'm serious! Give it back."

"And what are you going to do if I don't?"

"I swear Akash - if you don't give me my book, I will personally rip up your ticket to Jaipur."

"Oh my gosh - little Anjali has found a smart mouth?!"

"Shut-up! I'm not little."

"Of course you are! You are the youngest, remember?"

"Am not!"

"Yes, you are."

"Am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"Naniii! Look Akash is annoying me!"

Devyani let out a sigh and put down the saree she was stitching on. Being the eldest of the Raizada clan, she knew she ought to be able to handle any situation that befell on her family. And yet, the one thing she never learned to handle was the bickering of her two youngest grandchildren; that skill was alone honed by their brother.

"What is it now?" she asked exasperated, when an irritated Anjali sat down beside her.

"Akash stole my sketchbook and won't give it back to me!"

Before Devyani could chastise the siblings for such childish behaviour, however, a smirking Akash sat down across them.

"Okay fine crybaby, here you go," he said, throwing the book for Anjali to catch. "Stop whining!"

"I don't whine!" said said indignantly.

"Of course you do - right, Nani?"

Devyani shook her head. "You know, when the astrologer told your mother that she was going to have twins, I thought the family would be finally complete. Alok was beyond happy, because his Arnav would have, not one, but two siblings by his side. But here, you two don't even get along for a second, forget standing together beside your brother."

"Well," Anjali said, wrapping her arm around her grandmother's shoulders. "I don't know about this loser, but I will always support Arnav Bhai, just like Babuji said!"

"Yeah yeah," Akash replied sarcastically. "We all know that you are the darling sister of Bhai. No need to rub it in."

Anjali smirked. "Jealous?"

"Anjali!" Devyani admonished, before turning to Akash, "Both of you are his darlings... he never stops thinking about either one of you for even a second."

He snorted. "Don't defend him Nani... I'm a disappointment for him, just like how I was for Babuji."

"You know that's not true... Arnav puts you before his own life."

"And I love him too! But that doesn't change the fact that he disapproves of me painting."

"He means it only for your own good-"

"Yeah, it's always like that. But everyone conveniently forgets about my happiness when talking about my future! First it was Babuji, who went on and on about what being a "Raizada" means, as if I chose to be born here and now it's his idealistic son."

"Akash!"

It was Anjali who interrupted. "Now who is whining?!"

Akash turned to his sister, knowing that her taunt was simply her way of subtly changing the conversation before it got messy. And he was somewhat grateful, because whatever his feelings were, his grandmother was not responsible for it.

"You are supposed to respect your elders Anjali!" he retorted sarcastically. "Don't you remember anything Nani taught you?"

"You are not older than me!"

"Of course I am! Ask Nani."

Anjali turned expectantly towards Devyani, who despite being aware of the change of topic, played along. "Akash was born first," she said with an apologetic smile.

"By five minutes!" Anjali exclaimed. "That doesn't count."

Akash smirked triumphantly. "Yes, it does. Maybe you should start calling me Bhai."

"In your dreams! Besides, aren't you getting late for your flight?"

"You wanna kick me out so quickly?"

"Yes! The sooner you leave, the sooner I can work... in peace."

"You mean scribbling in that book of yours?"

"It's called a blueprint. And for your kind information, I got a renovation project."

Akash raised an eyebrow. "Who would give you a project? Are you sure they are not blind?"

"Ha ha... no, they are not blind. Unlike you, they actually recognize a talented person when they see one."

"Talented? And you?"

Devyani cut off Anjali's retort. "Enough you two! Akash - are all your bags packed?"

He nodded.

"Okay, I will tell Hari Prakash to load them in the car. The driver will drop you off at the airport."

Anjali was surprised, but waited for Devyani to leave before asking, "Isn't Khushi dropping you off?"

Akash shook his head, the mention of his girlfriend reminding him of his complicated relationship. Simply put, ever since her interview at AR Designs, Khushi was ignoring him. He knew she got the job, just as he predicted; Arnav confirmed it himself. And yet, her elation at getting her dream job didn't appear to override her anger at him for hiding his identity.

Of course, her reaction was expected. He had lied to her, not once, but on multiple occasions. And yet, Akash had hoped, she would at least give him a chance to explain why he did what he did.

But she didn't. Instead, she chose to avoid the whole thing altogether. And strangely enough, Akash wasn't surprised. It was in Khushi's nature to turn away every time things got a bit difficult - he had seen her do it for two whole years now. Today was no exception either.

"Akash?" Anjali said, interrupting his train of thoughts. "Is everything alright?"

He let out a sigh and got up to leave. "Yeah... Khushi is busy with her new job, so that's why she is not coming to drop me off."

"Do you want me to come?"

Akash looked at his sister, touched to see the concern etched on her face. No matter how much they argued, at the end of the day, they were inseparable.

"Are you actually regretting me leaving?" he asked jokingly.

"I always do... remember when we were in school and you went to Bangalore for some competition?"

He smiled at the memory. "Yeah... and you cried so much that Babuji had to literally bring you there to see me."

Anjali laughed. "I guess I do whine a lot."

"Only because you are allowed to."

Moved, she pulled him into an affectionate hug. "I'm actually going to miss you."

"I will too... Take care of Bhai, okay?"

"Of course! Try to come home on the weekends."

Akash nodded.

"Now go," she said, breaking away. "You are getting late!"

"Yes, yes," he answered. "And good luck on your renovating project. Make me proud!"

Anjali grinned in reply. Truly, her brothers were one of a kind.

"There have been some issues with quality in our Lucknow factory Sir... While our buyers have yet to lodge an official complaint, our employees have found some serious defects in the clothing items."

Khushi let out a sigh as she listened to the endless discussion of the board of advisors. It was a lazy and not to mention, a long afternoon in AR Designs. Her first day as an intern under the prestigious Arnav Singh Raizada was boring to say the least. She was dragged from meeting to meeting, some wanting to "introduce" her to the company, others acquainting her to fellow employees and few, like the one right now, examining various current problems.

Khushi didn't know how much longer she would be able to stand it. She didn't dedicatedly pursue her job, just to listen to boring middle aged men, who cared only about impressing their boss on the hopes to seeing an increment in their pay cheques.

But she didn't blame them.

If your boss was Arnav Singh Raizada, then why on earth would you take anything seriously?

Her eyes flickered to the man in question, seated at the head of the long table, appearing to listen intently to the quality problems. But she knew he wasn't. He would occasionally glance in her direction, and throw in a smirk or two every time he caught her eye. In response, she avoided looking at him altogether.

The last thing she wanted was for him to get his way with her.

Of course, many employees would disapprove of her resolve, especially the female ones. It took her less than two hours since joining to understand that Arnav was popular with the ladies. They all seemed to be full with endless stories describing his sincerity and compassion. By lunchtime, Khushi was positively alarmed by all the praises being sung for her boss. She failed to see how such an irksome person could appeal to anyone.

"I believe Miss Gupta has something very interesting to say about this issue."

Khushi snapped out of her thoughts, as she wildly turned to Arnav. He, along with the rest of the board, was staring expectantly at her.

"Sorry? I missed the last bit," she said, unnecessarily clearing her throat.

"Understandable," Arnav answered. "I'm sure everyone is excused for dozing off in meetings, especially the ones in the afternoons."

Some people cracked a smile at his snide, but Khushi was infuriated.

"I meant," she retorted. "What exactly do you want my opinion on Mr. Raizada? The suggested fault in our machines causing these quality problems or the suggested plan to compensate for the already defected items?"

Khushi was satisfied to see a slight flicker of surprise appear on his face.

"Both," he replied in the same calm tone. "In fact, why don't you come up here and present some of your ideas on how to improve our factories?"

Her smile dropped as quickly as it appeared. "Right now?"

"Yes, Ms. Gupta, now."

Khushi didn't move, staring at him in complete disbelief. Did he really expect her to make a presentation for the entire board of advisors on a whim?!

"What?" Arnav asked, catching her look. "I thought you were here to learn. So get to it."

And get to it she did. If he was looking for an opportunity to embarrass her, then so be it.

"Well, gentlemen," she said confidently getting up. "I would like to begin by revisiting the current state of our factories."

And off she went, talking in top speed about the various clothing factories they owned and why they were creating problems, more than they should. She went through every issue she found, and more importantly, how to solve it. By the time she was done, the board was almost speechless.

"Thank you Miss Gupta," Arnav said, whose expression didn't change one bit. "You addressed some very important issues. Mr. Shah, maybe its time we visit some of those factories."

Khushi was disappointed with Arnav's tone. She had hoped for some sort of approval - a nod, a smile, maybe even applause - but there was nothing. He had coolly resumed his meeting as if she did nothing special. As if interns could pull off feats like hers on a regular basis.

The meeting ended quickly hereafter. Khushi angrily left the conference hall without a backward glance. She had almost entered her small office, when she realized she wasn't alone.

"Lavs?!" she asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

Lavanya let out a dramatic sigh. Dressed in a pink coloured halter dress, she looked absolutely radiant, save for her frowning expression. "I was looking for my best friend... you know the one who promised to call me as soon as she was free."

"So what does that tell you? She isn't free yet."

"Oh please! You literally ignored me for two weeks-"

"We had exams Lavs! I was studying."

"Fine! What about after that? Here, you don't reply to my messages and there, Akash doesn't pick up my calls. What the hell is going on?"

Khushi's face hardened, not wanting to think about her boyfriend in any shape or form. She honestly didn't know how to react to the situation at hand. Should she forgive him for lying? Or should she be offended for being fooled for so long? It was all so confusing.

"Oh," Lavanya said, watching her calmly walk inside and pull out her laptop. "So this is the problem - You and Akash got into a fight."

"No, we didn't."

"Then why are you pissed?"

"I'm not pissed... I'm busy. I have a lot of work to do."

"How is that even possible?! It's your first day!"

"Exactly," Khushi said, continuing to furiously type on her laptop. "My boss is irritating, imposing and not mention arrogant. So, I better stay on top of my things, before he finds a way to embarrass me."

"Are you sure it's the boss and not your need to show off your intelligence Ms. Krazy Kinetic Gupta?"

Khushi looked up, outraged. "I don't show off!"

However, upon catching the latter's incredulous stare, she said, "Okay, maybe a little. But that doesn't make up for how annoying he is!"

"Ahem."

The two girls turned around to see that their interruption was none other than Arnav himself. Adorning a small smile on his lips, he gingerly stepped inside.

"Yes, Mr. Raizada?" Khushi asked stiffly.

"I just wanted to say it was an interesting presentation you gave upstairs... it put the board in a lot of thought."

"Interesting?" she asked, mockingly. "Are you sure you don't mean it was impressive?"

Arnav smirked. "Oh Miss Gupta, there is still a lot you have to learn. Yes, I was pleased to see you not dozing off in my meetings, but definitely not pleased enough to be awestruck by your intelligence."

Khushi gritted her teeth.

"Nonetheless, it was a good first presentation for an intern. I'm glad to see you are not making me regret hiring you."

"What can I say," she replied with a shrug. "I get very competitive."

"So I've noticed."

"Then you better watch out Mr. Raizada. It's not easy to corner me."

Arnav simply smiled in answer and glanced at Lavanya, who was watching the entire exchange in astonishment.

"Sorry," he said, holding out his hand. "I don't usually neglect pretty women, but it appears today is a bit out of the ordinary. Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. I'm Arnav Singh Raizada."

Lavanya shook his hand eagerly. "And I'm Lavanya Kashyap."

"Well, nice meeting you. I'm sure Miss Gupta here appreciates your visit, especially seeing how she is seething with anger right now. So, without any delay, I will leave you two ladies alone."

And he left, much to Khushi's gladness.  She was about to resume her work, when she caught Lavanya's look. "What?"

"You never mentioned that the irritating, imposing and arrogant boss is also absolutely gorgeous!"

Khushi rolled her eyes. "Please no! My ears are pretty much dead from hearing how-good-looking-and-amazing-Arnav-Singh-Raizada is all day."

"But he is!" Lavanya objected. "I would love to work here! I don't know what you are complaining about."

"Forget it! You won't understand. Just tell me why you are here?"

"Stop being mean! I actually missed you."

"I missed you too... but I really have to get this done. I promised Bhaiyya I will be home for dinner tonight."

"Fine, I will leave," Lavanya grumbled. "But don't plan anything for tomorrow night. We are going out."

"Where?"

"I don't know... but somewhere. It's been too long since I had fun."

Khushi snorted. "So what were you doing at my birthday party? Crying?"

"I'm serious! Your birthday was fun, but Akash made me do so much work - I was stressed."

Khushi didn't answer.

"By the way, did you know Akash is going to Jaipur today? Anjali told me he got job in some textiles company..."

Khushi was silent, debating whether she should reveal Akash's actual plans.

"What?" Lavanya asked, watching her thoughtful face.

She shook her head, deciding against saying anything simply because it wasn't her secret to share.

"I can't believe he didn't tell us he was going... and since when was he interested in working? I thought his life long ambition was to become a painter."

"People aren't always what they appear to be Lavs... only Akash knows what he wants. You and me can only guess."

Lavanya was surprised to hear Khushi's words. "But most of our guesses are always right. No matter how he appears, I know he has his heart in the right place."

Khushi didn't know if she agreed with her. She had learned years ago that the heart was always out of place; forget deciding whether it was right or wrong. Akash, really, was no exception.

Hopefully, that shed some more light on Arnav-Akash issue. Let me know what you think!

Archi

P.S. - I will try to post the Chapter 10 before next friday, but I make no promises! πŸ˜‰

Edited by -Archi- - 10 years ago
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
your update leave me wanting for more archi 
I want read more 
did i read before Friday . oh myy can't wait 

it was fun full update .. I will comment properly later 
henamani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
ur style is to build uo the foundation of the story and characters so the initial chapters are contributing towards that