Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 81

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Episode 229

An episode with quite a lot to write about.. After a long time scenes flowing seamlessly into each other in the 20 mins.. The minutes that follow reveal a lot about each individual of the Raizada household... "Ee ghar mein aisan naahi howat hai".. amazingly different from most serials on television.. Here is household where none of the women are shown working so you would be tempted to put a label of regressive .. but then comes this one simple line and you understand this is the house Arnav Singh Raizada belongs to. Nani may have said no to Lavanya as a bahu but her reasons where not blind tradition only.. The loud next gen saas who does nothing remotely sacrificing for her husband but expects it out of her already too docile and scared bahu.. a grown middle aged man who agrees with his mother and gently playfully shows his wife that he too does not expect it.. and another man who does not agree with his mother but does very little to display the displeasure.. No concrete action to protect the one he has sworn to protect.. And finally the contemplative look of an elder sister.. Am really happy with the direction here.. Anjali has this quiet layered far off look.. like she isn't really hearing the words but figuring out whats behind it.. a subtle disappointment that her caring bhabhi has not acted upon her absolutely sincere words when she tried explaining her "Chote" to his "Khushi".. not the reaction she had hoped to draw out.. and for one brief second we see Sanaya steal a furitive glance at Anjali.. the glance conveyed that Khushi knew in her heart of hearts that she was letting di down by behaving this way.. 

Nani tries to order chote home but the busy man will not be swayed into hurrying home.. Khushi tries to wait.. her hungry stomach does not.. Fasting has never been khushi's forte.. but eating all those puris?!  And rice.. and whole bowl full of sabjis?!!

"Ki jab tak main ghar nai aaunga tum khana nai khaoge".. ordinary words but the way Barun says it makes me think .. he is not standing at a hands distance away from his pagal wife uttering words that can be said even in a crowded room.. If I close my eyes and just hear him.. it feels like Arnav must be standing impossibly close to the endearingly wierd woman whispering in her ears something special..honeyed teasing voice.. "whaat sath baithke nai khana hai?" I am trying to be objective here but am absolutely floored by this man. "Waaitt main kahin se order kar deta hun." He is still not yelling at her.. Are real men like this?! why is it whenever he talks to her his tone is so intimate... its like an endless continuing conversation.. no beginning .. no end.. A slight hint of Barun peeping out of Arnav today.. Maybe its all this talk of food that brings him out .. Have heard Barun is quite the foodie in real life.. No words needed just an expressive face communicating the tiredness.. hunger.. Arnav Singh Raizada with his back half turned had jumped down stairs to catch a swaying Khushi Kumari Gupta on the temple steps and today right next to him Khushi can't feel him about to collapse .. where is the mehsoos these days?

Interesting Khushi says hey bhagwan not hey devi mayya.. was it a slip by Sanaya? A girl had fed her rakshas jilebis another day.. put both her hands around his falling frame to support him.. shared the secret.. But today because of her childish pranks she has in a way lost the wife's haq.. I want to feed him..look after him.. possessiveness.. you are mine.. guilt.. I didn't mean you actual harm.. But for now I have to stand back and see everyone else take care of you.. fuss and worry for you..  mami being melodramamtic is sharply made to shut up.. Am getting this feeling more and more that nani is very much like Arnav in some ways..

Hahaha seems arnav's not a fan of babli just like us.. Ha curt nod of head is the only acknowledgement of a goodnight you are going to get! Anjali was at her best in these episodes.. There is a comfort that only siblings can share.. Don't have any myself but from what I have heard you can let out the long held breath and just relax knowing here is someone who will love you and let you be no matter what.. Her pretty orange bangles are grogeous.. How lovingly she feeds chote. Reminds me of the discussion on our thread about how Arnav also needs to be shown love.. By the way her plate has 4 bowls.. If Khushi cooked all that while Arnav was waiting no wonder he fainted! Sensible di consoling realizes Khushi is feeling terrible.. Had it been a different show for no reason at all the bahu would be blamed.. And here unaware that it is actually her fault she is being consoled.. IPK got so many things right repeatedly..

Her voice a still a tad too loud.. was it panic or not knowingly but just by habit since this is how Khushi is now.. When they had gazed at stars and a broken boy had asked consolation a girl didn't have too many words.. Uncomfortable perhaps scared to see him in so much anguish had turned to leave yet whispered in a shaky voice "aap thik toh hai na"? That is the voice I want and don't get yet.. he in turn is brusque .. showing the hurt in a way men do sometimes.. Sanaya does look good in white.." Tum white mein bahut achchi lagti ho" ..  Echos in the future somewhere.. berating herself.. does she remember he has married her for 6 months threatening to break her sister's marriage.. does she remember this is what she had set out to do.. make his life hell.. is it guilt? is it fikr? is it farq? is it haq? its all this and love..

Can't bear the distance.. pulls the chaise close yet its too far.. staring unblinking from afar.. but my heart sees her soul lying there right next to him.. holding him impossibly close.. Taking care of him.. absolutely lovely notes of rabba ve enhacing each emotion.. he gets up and slowly her voice starts to get gentle .. As Khushi held on to Arnav's face am captivated by Sanaya beeauutiful long fair fingers.. reminds me of the daintly arched milky white foot that Arnav had held while placing the payal.. exercising her right thumps his back to take away the unease.. was she doing it for him or for herself? Did it even matter.. "matlab sirf iska hai ki main hamesha hamesha".. and so we witnessed Khushi's hamesha... Barun's tantalising heavy eyes unknowingly piercingly questioning her? I believe they are saying.. "so you thought you showered me with love all day.. look at this moment.. do you see this? do we even need any words? Does it really need a name? isn't our every action a confession? A declaration .."

Standing.. Leaning.. Sitting.. Drowsing.. Reclining.. Not giving into the clutches of slumber.. am so very delighted to get our Khushi back for these few minutes for now.. notice how Sanaya's expression also changes to the look of KKG of the old times.. the new young girl moved to Delhi in the chamkili dresses we had met.. Yet the women brought out like this man unfailingly managed to bring out in her.. and as she determinedly shakes away sleep I feel like yelling out..  ok just hug him already.. show him the love.. the concern.. the mad crazy pyaar you feel for your arnavji..

The last minute a slight loss of subtlety.. like we were watching something divine and were rudely jerked out of it..
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: viv04

@Arshi 28
Take a bow for your passion for this exhaustive write up. Thank you for the opening with your personal connection. IPK was presented with such beautiful complexity, but sadly at this point the unpalatable OTT made the symbolism and psychology of the message completely incomprehensible. Loved how you symbolize raisins with K's multiple phases of growth arrest. This is the only way to survive these episodes. Way to go! Indeed silence is the only weapon capable of hurting our Raizada.

Thnx viv πŸ˜Š

I tried my best to find answers of my questions , but I know their lack of interest is killing the beauty of it.Portraying her which she is not but as indi said , I wish they projected her pain in the same manner the way they did to ASR , it would be a master piece.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Thnx mehr😊 for reading and commenting 227 

INdeed the gaps are getting closer day by day and now he can't live without seeing her face   and she can't live without his scolding.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Soni  πŸ‘β€οΈ I love it .Cute

These are awesome, Soni!  Clap   Thank you!  I miss you!!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

she'd said she'd go away forever and he had no idea why it mattered. but it did. so much that he feared. asr was afraid to turn around and look at her place... what if he saw... a locked door. she's gone. he was not going to look, faraq nahin padta, but all he was aware of was that door, that house where he'd walked in with her in his arms, when he'd feared she was gone, when she'd held onto his lapel, when he'd had to steal a look at her through the window to make sure she was ok, she was alive, she was awake. and now he had to turn and see, every part of him wanted to see, he couldn't resist any longer, he turned. a locked door. he felt a rush of feelings he'd never known before. the billowing dupattas came from nowhere and reminded him of things, touching him, reaching out, bringing him murmurings and messages he didn't clearly understand. just  a funny dry pain shot through him and he couldn't look away. episode 50, neatly designed, no gaps, no awkward breaks, and an unforgettable moment without a single word where we try to catch a feeling it is really difficult to name or explain in mere words.

i don't know why but this longing of arnav singh raizada, this fear that she's gone forever seems to be echoing in the layers of these post wedding days, even in swami, especially in certain moments of 228. as he looks at her, as he wants her, does he think she can never be really his ever? he had feared crazily that evening in the guest house, but she was safe. then came lucknow and her decison to go away forever... hamesha. but she did return. he started to understand those messages, those feelings... and again came a moment of losing her. lucknow is one thing, but how to win the one you love if she loves another?  just thoughts, will be back to write about 228.

episode 228

"what if i lost you?!" he had yelled frantically without paying any heed to where he was or who was listening that night. holding her face in his hands, he'd let out his desperate fear and that incalculable need for a girl who came from nowhere and changed his world forever.

she had needed him to say as much to her, maybe she had no idea but this is how he said i love you, i can't live without you... maybe she needed the words then, so she had pushed him away and said, so what.

seething he had brought her back home, again going to pieces when her bangle broke an a shard lodged itself in her wrist.

he couldn't afford to lose her. she had become vital to life. to living.

while writing on 178, the "what if i lost you?" episode, i'd felt his desperation. life without khushi had already become impossible to imagine. a para from that take:

'as though the whole story of love got told in that one violent, vehement, exclamation on a dark road. a plea in it, a declaration too. don't leave me ever, i can't live without you. this point on that part of the story will be told, there will be a "khushi" connecting heartbeats, a silent near death by a terrace treacherous, madness, mayhem, even hate... yet the journey will go inexorably to the subtext of "what if i lost you?"'

don't ever leave me. main tumhare bina ji nahin paaoonga."

and yet, he had stood there watching on that terrace as he had been held by another. a part of him had felt, this was it... he had indeed lost her.

that feeling perhaps was separate from and more intense than any other feeling he'd had at that moment. i remember thinking, for a moment then he reminded me of his mother... dying inside the way she did when she realised her husband indeed had another lover. yes he was asr the brother watching catastrophic betrayal, but even more at one level he was the new, besotted, lover full of hope dying a terrifying death.

khushi was gone forever. he had lost her.

funny thing about love though, it is not easy to erase from the heart. even if your lover is false, even if your lover is unfair, sometimes even if they murder, they maim, they cheat on you. neither he nor she could snuff out that feeling, no matter how much they suffered.

228 continued from 227 on the theme of kkgsr trying out her new strategy to destroy him... kill him with expressed love. delightful acting by both sanaya and the red clad angry young hero.

she laughed in green as he seethed in crimson, his whole family enjoyed a little leg pulling of the mighty one. he sounded utterly cute complaining to nani... look what she's calling me! what? swami! snigger snigger around the table. 

frankly, that was not at all asr, but barun managed to keep his asr despite the cutesy. i said "phew!"

he charged off looking hot, managed to get a white shirt (yes yes yes) from akash who had arrived with yellow roses for one of the most embarrassing characters in ipk... he rushed off to wear his shoes, for once they were polished, wonderful.

and she planned yet another little game. it was meant to be light and fun and irritate him further.

that was all.

when she held his chin without thinking and pulled him close, she had no idea what this might lead to.

he looked up, taken by surprise, saw her leaning so close, then she made contact.

forehead to forehead.

complete contact of a powerful centre of energy, where the teeka sits... a potent symbol in hindu thought. the area between the eyebrows where we put our bindi, a little dot of colour, is also considered to be the sixth chakra, "ajna", the seat of concealed wisdom. the bindi represents the third eye... a mystical and highly esoteric idea of an invisible eye that has the power to perceive beyond what the eye can. and it sees things that ordinary sight is not able to. (information from the net, but most hindus have grown up hearing about this concept.)

she dragged him to her this time. and leaning over him, and laid her forehead on his. their bodies touched, where the third eye resonates. a mytical element to this touching. 

as the moment caught them in its clasp and took them away from all that was here, she began to lift her head, while he stared at her as if seeing her for the first time. and in their inverted lines, profiles almost flowing into each other and fitting, another concept of opposite forces being interconnected and interdependent came to mind, the yin and the yang.

but had there been not even a single mystical connotation, the moment and that touch were still profound. for an instant, both became who they were before the terrace ever happened.

a man and a woman who loved each other. who couldn't live without each other.

a moment of intense awareness. all non essentials fell away.

they stayed there, not moving, almost not breathing.

then a single word escaped his lips, guttural, resonating with the longing that was in his eyes that day he thought she had left... and the passion of the explosive "what if i lost you?!"

"khushi."

that was all he said.

i felt his desire, his love, his melting into her, his call to her soul, his immersion in her, and his heartbeat... now inextricably connected with her name.

she felt all of it too, she stayed there unable to react, to move, getting lost. then she pulled herself up, still disoriented, wanting him as much as he wanted her. and once more returned to the here and now and the game that must be played.

all the fun and play that followed was engaging, but at the centre of the episode somehow was that one simple moment, its effect radiating out in ripples across the rest of the action.

one more beautiful thing in that contact, that connection... the transference of colour, from him to her. this time it was a perfect bindi, red and vibrant, as though she had branded him and made him her own.

as though she is colouring him somehow, helping him find his colour, feel it, wear it... lovers always influence each other, the best ones do it positively, taking each other to new levels of life and consciousness... again and again their colours will mingle. in the guest house, it had been a cut and blood red, later sindoor and later still a pot of blood from her on him that would not go...

haldi on her dupatta, her being almost, he had rubbed. the future holds heady play of mehndi and haldi... 

intimate, sexual, sensual and even mystical this exchange of colour... 

he in the meantime skipped breakfast and lunch, not even gila gila pusta was consumed. funnily, even in reality too he looked a bit thin and drawn somehow, maybe this is around when ipk started telling on barun's health; but he didn't fail to have my dhadkane increase in that shot with the spider web like graph on him. i did notice too not one other guy working in ar is anywhere near good looking. 

A flurry of vivid memories flashed in the head at that collage on top...  at the thought of this man's first pang at her loss... how you built the story there on putting that loss into perspective a good 170 epis later around this "loss".. is a breathtaking read .. take a bow Indi!

Stupendous quality pics.. seemed like some one related since janam janam  came alive infront of eyes... only those extra crisp pics are to be blamed than one's OTT! 

@RED UNDERLINED: his pain of that day felt vividly again.. when he said "jee nahi pavunga tumhare bina" it only felt he was understating it than over dramatizing.. aisa kyun hotha hai??

@pink underlined: that captured the entire gist of that moment.. where for a sec, reality slipped out of their conscious minds and they were blissfully carried away by their mutual emotions of the golden days gone by..
beautiful thoughts on exchange of color ..wisdom.. energies through that center of athman...in that exchange indeed their souls/third eye could see /perceive what their naked eye couldn't.

Thoroughly engrossing read indi.. for an epi after 200 that is truly remarkable!

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi, Aarwen, Faiqa

Thanks a lot for appreciation for that take on 228.

Faiqa: remember I used to call your first page comprehensive write ups for the thread start ups as pocket size bibles??
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

A flurry of vivid memories flashed in the head at that collage on top...  at the thought of this man's first pang at her loss... how you built the story there on putting that loss into perspective a good 170 epis later around this "loss".. is a breathtaking read .. take a bow Indi!

Stupendous quality pics.. seemed like some one related since janam janam  came alive infront of eyes... only those extra crisp pics are to be blamed than one's OTT! 

@RED UNDERLINED: his pain of that day felt vividly again.. when he said "jee nahi pavunga tumhare bina" it only felt he was understating it than over dramatizing.. aisa kyun hotha hai??

@pink underlined: that captured the entire gist of that moment.. where for a sec, reality slipped out of their conscious minds and they were blissfully carried away by their mutual emotions of the golden days gone by..
beautiful thoughts on exchange of color ..wisdom.. energies through that center of athman...in that exchange indeed their souls/third eye could see /perceive what their naked eye couldn't.

Thoroughly engrossing read indi.. for an epi after 200 that is truly remarkable!

thanks, horizon... πŸ˜†

post 200 and barring holi and heer ranjha, it is pretty difficult to stay coherent, rolling in agony as i do every now and then, even holi ends on a whaaat and heer ranjha is sublime in the midst of what the.

just heard sanaya and akshay and deepali saying pretty much this on that sbs segment posted by kate.

where did the storytellers go really.

yet i thought since barring 397 i watched every episode eagerly, there must be priceless little motis scattered here and there πŸ˜ƒ. so i look for them and see what i feel...

you ask a fab question there.

aisa kyun hota hai...

really why does this happen... that an old, cranky, sceptical, jaded woman suddenly awakens and goes nuts over a serial and an actor... guess some aisas had to hota hai. no explanations, no rationale. πŸ˜†

in bold black... beautifully felt and stated. that was it. what might have been corny or silly, he made real and desirable and beautiful, he held back the voice so that only the sky high feeling could be felt... how did this actor do all this... and today i am more and more resigned to him not coming back.

maybe that's why the caps try to catch him more and keep him here. πŸ˜³

soni19sweet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

These are awesome, Soni!  πŸ‘   Thank you!  I miss you!!

πŸ˜ƒ
soni19sweet thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Soni  πŸ‘β€οΈ I love it .Cute

πŸ˜†
soni19sweet thumbnail
anyone has 18 june hd 
link 
of ipkknd episode please
i searched a lot not got