Frequent Posters

henamani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
the story is gradually opening up :)
lakraj80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very interesting! Thanks for the pm! Cannot wait to read further!
tara.singhania thumbnail
Amazing...read after almost after 10days..
flowers4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
loved it a brilliant update...keep on writing
FeistyDewdrop thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
ahaa!!! One heated encounter it was between. Arnav n Khushi... :D
okiee... mr.akash has got quite some ssoft corner for ms.payal... Good for both of them along with me too ;))
oops!! Khushi hasgot sm ardent admirers out there huh...?? Tackled them well :))
glad Akash is pursuing his passion despitte knowing familyz reluctance ... I guess they shud really let him do wot he loves  cuz hez really good n has a natural flair for painting... Having said that I guess he shud definetly confide with his family regarding his camp ... They WL not be happy but his determination to pursue it seriously might sink in which may lead to acceptance finally... ** yeah...thats me n my theory!!!**
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
archi update yaar
Friday LOL
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
I'm back!

Thank you for the comments! 🤗 Definitely enjoyed all the speculations you guys had about where the story is heading. 

Silent Whispers 
-CHAPTER SEVEN-
Blood, Sweat and Tears

"Ms. Gupta? You can go in now."

It was a perfect day, or so Khushi thought as she straightened her blazer for the umpteenth time that morning. The day she dreamed about ever since she decided to pursue a career in business management. The day she eagerly waited for since the beginning of her MBA degree. She was finally giving her first job interview, and that too in the famous AR Designs.

She couldn't have asked for more.

Muttering a quick thanks to the receptionist, she made her way up the small staircase to the second floor, where her entire future lay. Like many things in her life, she was prepared for this interview. Whether it was having relentlessly reviewed every possible aspect of the company or being perfectly dressed in a fitted black suit, she was ready.

And the fact that there was no other candidate who had more experience or interest in the position than her only added to her confidence. So, along with receiving good luck from her brother that morning, she also prepared herself to accept the position the moment it would be offered to her.

All these thoughts paused, however, when she reached the second floor landing and was momentarily stunned to see that it was entirely occupied by a single room - the CEO's office.  Surrounded by translucent walls, the room appeared to be well arranged to say the least.

Anjali would be impressed, Khushi thought to herself as she knocked on the glass door.

"Come in," came a muffled voice in reply.

Putting on a determined smile, she entered the office. Her perfect day, however, ended as soon as she walked around the enormous mahogany desk, and stood directly in front of the CEO.

Her mouth hit the floor.

"Well, well, well birthday girl," he said, in a striking baritone voice. "We meet again."

Khushi couldn't believe her eyes - It was the very stranger she had vowed to never see again; the man she unceremoniously kissed the previous night amidst a very poignant confession to who should have been her boyfriend.

All sense of the interview fled her mind as she shrieked, "You?!"

"Yes, me," he answered calmly, the smirk she detested oh so much, wide on his face.

It was as if things suddenly fell into place. "You are Arnav Singh Raizada?! The owner of this company?!"

"Yup, the very same."

If the world stopped spinning, it would have been at the moment. Khushi gaped at him, as she desperately tried to understand the situation at hand. How was Akash's brother the owner of AR Designs, one of leading clothing companies in Delhi? And why did she not know about it? After all, the Raizada's were one of the famous families in town.

"Hi, I'm Khushi... Khushi Kumari Gupta."

"Nice meeting you Khushi... My name is Akash - Akash Singh."

Akash's words reverberated in her mind, as she realized with a jolt that he purposefully hid his identity from the very first time they met. Despite knowing her obsession to make a place in the competitive corporate world for more than two years, he kept his heritage a secret. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was telling him how much she wanted to earn a job in AR Designs?

Khushi felt betrayed.

It was as if someone rudely woke her up from a very pleasant dream. Of course, she felt none of it. She had been through enough in her childhood for things this small to affect her. No, instead what she felt was her own stupidity for overlooking the signs. Why blame Akash for lying, when she willing played along with it? Not once did she ask why he lived in such a gorgeous mansion in one the richest areas of the city or what his family did for a living.

"So, A.R. doesn't stand for Arnav Raizada," she said to herself making all the connections.

"Not really," Arnav said, watching her with amusement. "It's for Arnav, Anjali and Akash Raizada actually."

Khushi was suddenly aware of the lone audience in front of her. "You mean Akash Singh Raizada... that's his full name, right?"

"Judging by your tone, I'm guessing this is the first time you heard it."

She didn't reply.

"It would do you well to know that you aren't the first person my brother has hid things from. It's almost a habit for him nowadays."

"Well, judging from your tone," she retorted. "You have been subjected to this habit of his."

"Guilty as charged," he said, the least bit stung at her words. "But it's only a matter of time before he comes around..."

"To what? Work as your assistant, giving up his talent?"

Khushi watched in satisfaction as the smirk from Arnav's face dropped. Clearly this was a topic he didn't like to discuss.

"You won't understand," Arnav said, seriously.

"I may not," she agreed. "But I sure do know your little brother more than you think you know him. He is not going to give up painting, just because a elitist like you doesn't think it's a gift."

"It's not the point of what I think - It's the point of traditions. Akash has a responsibility towards this family. It's his duty to follow my father's footsteps."

"And what about your responsibility towards him?" she fired. "Surely family doesn't force someone to do what they don't like!"

"You know him for two years, but I know him since he was two years. All he needs is a little push, and then he will realize what he is really good at."

"And what is that?"

"This," Arnav replied, holding out his arms. "His legacy."

Khushi snorted. "Legacy? Seriously? This company just started! Compared to all the other leading corporates in the country, AR Designs is practically a baby."

Arnav stared incredulously at her, before asking, "Do you even know how AR Designs was formed?"

"Of course," she answered promptly.  "You started it four years ago when you finished your MBA at Harvard."

"Wrong. I took over this company from my late father's advisors, and reformed it to AR Designs. And before you bombard me with questions, let me tell you that this company was previously known as Kiran Textiles - Kiran being my mother."

Khushi was surprised. "But-"

"Yeah, I know," he said, not letting her finish. "There was nothing written about that when you were doing your research last night. But that just goes on to say that there are a lot of things you don't know about this company or my family. So, let's cut to the chase, shall well?"

Khushi gritted her teeth. She did not like being wrong. "Fine," she snapped. "Then I will leave."

"What?" he said, confused. "Why? I thought you were here for an interview?"

"Were being the key word Mr. Raizada... but there is no point to it now."

"Then why don't you enlighten me about what changed in the past five minutes that no longer makes you a keen applicant for this position?"

Khushi didn't miss the sudden change in his tone - he was back to his proud self.

"The fact that you are my boyfriend's brother," she answered sarcastically. "And unlike the applicants downstairs, who just want to lounge around in a fancy cabin all day, I know what it means to hold a position in this company. It will be unprofessional if I apply."

"Are you sure it's just that?"

She clenched her hands in annoyance, having understood exactly what he was hinting at.  "Yes, it's just that."

Arnav, however, seemed to disagree. He swiftly stood up from his chair, much to her discomfort, and grabbed the file she was holding from across the table.

"Hey!" she yelled. "That's mine!"

But it was too late. He had already sat down and began reading her numerous certifications.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta is it?" he read out loud. "But I like birthday girl more. It has a nice sort of ring to it, don't you think?"

"Give it back!" she bellowed, walking around the desk to rip her file out of his hands.

"Relax Miss Gupta," he answered nonchalantly. "Making a scene would also be considered very unprofessional. Besides, you took so much trouble to make this CV... the least I can do is give it a look."

Khushi didn't have a choice, but to resume her position in front of his desk.

"Sit," he ordered.

"No thank you," she replied, stubbornly crossing her arms across her chest. "I won't be here for long."

"Suit yourself," he said, slightly shrugging his shoulders "But since I dedicated my precious time reading about you, at least let me ask you a couple of questions, for formality sake?"

"Why don't you just say that you want to talk to me?"

Arnav grinned. "How about we start with these exceptional qualifications? Did you actually do all that is written here or did you make it up for a good first impression?"

"Of course they are real! I'm a brilliant student - I don't need fake certifications to prove it."

"Okay, so tell me then. Why didn't such a brilliant student go to Harvard?"

Khushi's face fell. "I didn't apply."

"Liar."

"How would you know? You have known me for five minutes!"

"You break my heart birthday girl... what about all the passionate moments we spent together last night? You forgot them so soon?"

She glared at him in reply.

"Okay, no jokes," he said, in a way of surrender. "But you can't deny the fact that with grades like yours, you should be at Harvard."

"I didn't want to go."

"You didn't want to, or you couldn't?"

"It's called having responsibilities Mr. Raizada," she snapped. "I couldn't leave my family, so I declined my acceptance. Are you satisfied?"

"So you settled for FMS?" he clarified. "Funny... you don't seem to be the settling type."

"And you care because...?"

"Because it leads directly to my next question - why did you choose this company for an internship?"

A line appeared on Khushi's forehead, as she tried to understand what he meant by such a simple question. When she couldn't, however, her reply flowed easily from her lips, having rehearsed it well.

"Because AR Designs is one of the leading clothing manufacturers in Delhi. The growth it has experienced in just the last year is remarkable to say the least, not to mention the new branches you have opened up, international deals you have signed... It's truly admirable."

"I think you misunderstood my question," Arnav said. "Why did you settle for AR Designs, when you could have easily gotten this internship at Joshi and Sons, the leading company of this city?"

Khushi's face paled. She wasn't prepared to answer this question.

"What happened?" he asked, when she remained quiet. "Didn't think I would join the dots?"

"What dots?"

"You are an ambitious girl Miss Gupta - your CV says that loud and clear. So tell me why you don't want to work in the number one company, as stated by the market since the last ten years?"

"AR Designs is behind in sales by only three-point-six percent. I don't consider that much of a difference."

"Nevertheless, it is still a difference. This company by all definitions is not the best there is... so tell me, why choose it?"

"It's a matter of personal preference Mr. Raizada. I thought this company has a lot more for me to learn than Joshi and Sons."

"Or," he said, watching her closely. "You can't work there."

Khushi stared at Arnav, not knowing if he knew the implications of what he said. "And what if I said I don't want to work there?"

Arnav snorted. "You really expect me to believe that? You are ambitious... you want to make it big in this field and I'm confident you shed blood and sweat to make sure you are the best applicant for this position. I'm not too sure about the tears though... you don't come off as the sentimental type."

"So, if you know so much about me," she said heatedly. "Then why don't you answer your own questions?"

"Oh no... this is what I think about you. I have no means of knowing whether it's true or not.

"Well here is a thought Mr. Raizada - Why don't you leave your speculations about me and my life alone, and carry on with the interviews. I'm sure many people downstairs are waiting."

"You mean the same applicants, who just want to lounge around in a fancy cabin all day?"

"Yes, those," she snapped. "Can I have my file back now?

"You can," he said, holding it out to her.  "But I do urge you to reconsider...  As you said, there is a lot you can learn here."

"But that doesn't change the fact that its very unprofessional of me to work here, especially after what happened last night."

He opened his mouth to object, but Khushi cut him off. "I think we are done. Good day Mr. Raizada."

And she left without another glance.

Arnav watched her go, a slight smile playing on his lips. He called his secretary and said in an unusually good mood, "Send everyone home - I'm done interviewing."

So, hopefully I have made up for the lack of Arnav in the first 5 chapters with this update. Do hit the like button or leave a comment if you can! 😃

As usual, the next update will be posted next friday.

Archi 

Edited by -Archi- - 10 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
So Khushi applying for an internship at AR, interesting? The company Joshi and sons, is it the one run by Khushi's dad?
radhadatta2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I liked the strong Khushi in this FF. Loved this update
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow very nice update - full of arhi - loving the confident khushi -
would love to know more about joshi and sons and her relationship with kushi