Trial by fire- Sharad Malhotra

dures thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Trial by fire

Sharad Malhotra almost lost his life when a stunt scene had him trapped in a burning car, on the sets of …Dulhann

Sharad Malhotra trapped in the burning car

Stunts can really prove injurious to health if you are not careful. A good example of this is Sharad Malhotra's recent experience that almost had him charred to death. Sharad Malhotra aka Sagar had a close brush with death when performing a stunt for a scene in the serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann. It was a scene where Sharad was supposed to be trapped in a car that had caught fire. Incidentally, Sharad got trapped in the burning car and escaped death by a few seconds.

"It was a frightening experience. I thought I would jump out of the car as soon as it caught fire. But somehow the door got stuck and I didn't know what to do. I began screaming; but my director thought I was just enacting the scene well! It was a sunny day and getting stuck in a burning car was like experiencing a volcano. I thought I was going to die. Thankfully as my director Ismail called for 'cut', he realised that I was actually asking for help. Thankfully, the fight master and crew members came to my rescue."

The three minutes that he survived in the burning car was like experiencing death - every moment. After the incident, Sharad was shivering uncontrollably. "I just thank God that I am alive now. My only solace is that the scene turned out really well," he adds.

Most of the time, people prefer to opt for a body double for such risky stunts. But Sharad prefers doing his own stunts. "The experience still haunts me. I guess, I have to be careful in future when performing such stunts," Sharad says. Careful buddy, you don't want bravado to bake you beyond recognition.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
OMG!!! poor sharad!!1 😭

I'm soooo glad he's okay....what kind of a stupid car gets the door stuck.... πŸ˜•

I'm so happy he's okay!! 😳 😳
stargirl345 thumbnail
OMG!!!!!! that would've been so scary! agree wid meera di! wat kind of stupid car gets the door stuck? 😑 😑 😑
itz ok sharad!!!πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—
glad he's ok now!!! πŸ˜›

-Ruchika
rushvi99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you.... πŸ˜ƒ

This is Sharad's 3rd near death experience he really does need a stunt man.....I hope he is ok..... 😭 😭
biatchali thumbnail
is dere no safty rules and regulations they gta follow??????????? πŸ˜•
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Why is he always getting himself in to so much trouble!? These stunts aren't supposed to be taken lightly!

TFS!
noodles thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Poor Sharad! That's so scary! It's great that he's alright!

omg...poor Sharad!! No wonder the scene turned out so well. He truly was calling out for help!

Thanks for the article!

Edited by inavars - 17 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
omg thats .. shocking.. why dotn they sue stuntmen
marvelous.malks thumbnail
OMG! I'm glad he is okay! 😳