Shweta Kawatra, who is best remembered as the popular vamp Pallavi from the iconic show, Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii has been away from showbiz was recently seen in Akshay Kumar's Ram Setu. She shares her experience of working in the film and her future project.
1. So tell us what has been keeping you busy?
Currently I am a full time mom working hard to stay relevant as a human being striving to keep my individuality and interests alive in the quest to not lose myself.
2. It was such a pleasure to see your shooting BTS videos of Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki. Please tell us there is more workwise we can look forward to.
It was a pleasant experience for me too to revisit Kahani. Just had a release with Ram Setu.
3. You were part of Ram Setu pls throw some light on it.
Yes I was part of Ram Setu. It was a pleasant experience working with the very handsome Akshay Kumar.
4. What next for Shweta will we be seeing a lot more of you on screen the coming year ?
Let’s see.. I am mentally preparing myself to start working again more actively. I feel my daughter is ready to be independent now & I sense it’s time for me to evolve to the next phase of life & work.
5. How open are you to OTT content or would you like to work on television and films alone for now ?
OTT & film platforms will allow me to be a working mum hence they have my bigger vote .
6. What keeps Shweta susy otherwise and who is the real Shweta like ?
I’m a fitness and health enthusiast so I devote a lot of time on self love. Apart of this I’m a practising Buddhist- I spend a lot of my time studying, reading, counselling several people with their life issues, I’ve been studying counselling and psychology and spend a lot of time doing research work on parenting and human behaviour.
7. You have been in the Industry for long now is it difficult to keep up with the ever changing work trends and to mantain friends ?
Ah .. it’s not been a breeze steering this new social digital wave. To keep up is difficult but possible. Just working on keeping the habit to be consistent. To stay relevant it’s imp to be open minded , adapt quickly to new situations, learn & evolve. Regarding friendships - I’m very good with maintaining friendships I believe in. .