Hyderabad, Feb 22 (IANS) 'Krishna', a Makar Sankranti release, continues to be in the first place on the Telugu film charts. 'Swagatham', released three weeks ago, is in the second position. 'Mr. Medhavi' and 'Ontari' are the new entrants.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Krishna' - It is perhaps the most successful of the Sankranti releases. The Ravi Teja and Trisha starrer is doing well on both the audience front and the revenue side. Director V.V. Vinayak has given a rather stereotypical story, but Ravi Teja ably carries it on his shoulders. It is clearly ahead of all the films.
2. 'Swagatham' - Director Dasarath's sentimental flick seems to have been welcomed by the audience. Though an old, hackneyed plot, 'Swagatham' seems to be luring family audiences as it is sans violence. The performances of Jagapathi Babu, Bhumika and Anushka are the main highlights of the movie.
3. 'Anasuya' - Bhumika Chawla steals the show as Anasuya in this murder mystery, which has been running for more than a month-and-a-half. Playing a TV journo, Bhumika displays good acting skills. Ravi Babu, who is also the director, looks good as the villain. This edge-of-the-seat thriller has fetched critical acclaim and is faring well.
4. 'Mr. Medhavi' - A tale of a boy and a girl outsmarting each other, directed by Neelakantha, makes its entry on the list. This slightly different story is suitable for the discerning audiences. Neelakanta tried to make it a commercial flick and it is replete with songs. Raja and Genelia give good performances. The audience seems to be slowly going for it, particularly in the multiplex.
5. 'Ontari' - It's a film with the usual dose of ingredients - action, romance and comedy. Gopichand does a good job in the lead role. Debutante Bhavana Balachandran puts in a good performance and is being talked about as a heroine with potential. Though the first half of the film is good, the second half fails to hold viewers' interest.ALSO READ: Ravi Teja's 'Tiger Nageswara Rao' debut it's OTT release- Find out streaming details