Hyderabad, Oct 31 (IANS) Composer Mani Sharma may not have given his best shot in 'Athidhi', but the song 'Khabaddharani' is on top of the popularity charts.
The top five Telugu songs are:
1. 'Khabaddharani' - Film: 'Athidhi'. The song with a 'techno' touch is sung by Naveen and Rahul and has lyrics in Telugu, Hindi and English - which seems to be a trend these days as most Telugu film lyrics are a blend of three languages. A lot of drums are used in the composition. Considering it is Mahesh's film, the song 'Khabaddharani' has a youthful feel and tempo.
2. 'Happy Days' - Film: 'Happy Days'. The title song has a nice symphonic feel. Mickey Meyer has scored a 'grand' composition, which is quite popular amongst the Gen-X.
3. 'Champaka Champaka' - Film: 'Chirutha' - Ranjith and Geeta Madhuri render the duet with a youthful feel and tempo. The lyrics of this song too are a mix of Telugu, Hindi and English.
4. 'Vennelintha' - Film: 'Thulasi' - A slightly melodious track with a foot-tapping beat by Devisri Prasad is one of the new entrants on the list. It is sung by Venu and Sunitha.
5. 'Rubbaru Gajjulu' - Film: 'Yamadonga' - The song is very much part of the chartbusters even though it's the last on the list. Music composer M.M. Keeravani gets the bhangra king Daler Mehndi to croon it - perhaps his first song in any southern Indian language. Keeravani has composed the music keeping in sync with Daler's singing style - a folksy lively and lilting rhythm with verve.ALSO READ: TRP Toppers: Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin reigns the TRP charts, Anupamaa remains dethroned this week too