Kochi, Nov 14 (IANS) Most of the films released after Ramadan are biting the dust at the ticket window. A relief comes in the form of Adoor Gopalakrishnan's 'Naalu Pennungal'. Released last week, the film has rocked box office.
The top five Malayalm films are:
1. 'Naalu Pennungal' - The master creator Adoor Gopalakrishnan's adaptation of Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai's four short stories tells the tales of four different females, who are not connected with one another in any way. It is heartening to see small theatres sporting 'house full' signs and people paying even extra bucks to see the film.
2. 'Chocolate' - Director Shafi's Midas touch has worked wonders for Prithviraj in the film about a boy who has to attend a women's college. Prithiviraj's no-hold-barred performance has paid off at the box office.
3. 'Nazrani' - The Mammootty-Joshiy combo, topped with Ranjith's script, has failed to take the film to the top.
4. 'Black Cat' - Director Vinayan teamed with Suresh Gopi for the first time in the movie. The two have different styles that didn't gel well; as a result they ended up preparing a hotchpotch. It is hard to digest the movie.
5. 'Paradeshi' - Mohanlal may obtain a few awards for his performance in the film. His fans may have disowned the film, but the connoisseurs are still discussing it.ALSO READ: "Main bilkul kadak nai par film kadak zarur bani hai" - Pankaj Tripathi on upcoming film, 'Kadak Singh'