A perfectionist and a method actor
The herald of Mr Perf
But being born to a family with a history in Hindi cinema kept him within a catch hold; Bollywood alas, was never far away, and after his debut movie, Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, proved to be a huge success, Aamir was catapulted in to stardom. Of course, as we know, there has been no looking back since.
Appreciated also, for his success in art films as much as his boy next door roles, Aamir has been steadily and increasingly showered with lucrative endorsement deals and film offers.
However, what sets this Khan apart from his peers in tinsel town is his determination to steer clear of the limelight, and do one movie a year only. Which are both, enigmas about him as a person that have been speculated about much, with several prospective theories to explain none of which he has himself supplied or owned.
- The infamous dialogue 'K..K..Kiran' may have sounded very different had Aamir not turned down the role of Rahul Mehra in Darr.
- Has been awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan in 2003
- Eloped with childhood sweetheart - Reena Dutta - as she was Hindu and his family background that of devout Muslims
- Dream is to make a movie in Pakistan
- Believes his son to be his biggest critic