The rumours of Kartik Aaryan being dropped from filmmaker Aanand L Rai’s upcoming film went viral, and with that it sparked new controversies amongst the fans. On Monday, the production banner Colour Yellow Productions in a statement said the team is still in talks with the actor for a movie project and claimed that the rumours are false.
Lately, Kartik has been in news since his exit from Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions titled Dostana 2. Apart from that, if we are to go by the reports, the Pyaar Ka Punchnama actor is no longer part of Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming home production - tentatively titled ‘Goodbye Freddie’.
Various media reports on Monday claimed that the 30-year-old actor has now lost Rai's gangster drama film to Ayushmann Khurrana.
Calling the stories "baseless", the production house said they are in talks with both Aaryan and Khurrana for different projects.
"These are baseless rumours. We’ve met Kartik for a different film and we’re still talking. We’ve taken another film altogether to Ayushmann and this is a complete mix-up," a spokesperson for Colour Yellow Productions said.
On other hand, a statement from Dharma productions read, "Due to professional circumstances, on which we have decided to maintain a dignified silence - we will be recasting "Dostana 2", directed by Collin D''''Cunha. Please wait for the official announcement soon.”
Previously, Kartik Aaryan had voluntarily dropped out of a love story that was being produced by Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies. Apparently, the 30-year-old actor had creative differences with regards to the script and had expressed the same to the film’s director Ajay Bahl. This romantic drama had Kartik Aryan paired opposite Katrina Kaif.