Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

I know that you're not a mytho fan, but you're a superb writer. Would be glad if you try to participate, Shreya.

Do I need to send drabble to participate in Microtale?

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

I know that you're not a mytho fan, but you're a superb writer. Would be glad if you try to participate, Shreya.

Hey thanks for the invite and for the praise, but honestly I just don't have the time nowadays between work and other stuff going on.

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Do send in your drabbles! And please tag others to join in ...

Thanks for the tag Riya. Will try to participate.smiley31

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Am excited smiley9

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Do I need to send drabble to participate in Microtale?

Nope. You can participate in either one or both phases of the contest.

Do we need to take reference from somewhere? Why can't we write the story on our own based on ramayan we have heard in childhood from parents & grandparents. Most of us know the story, so can we write based on it?

I have a question. This can be used in a published book? Can I publish my entry since I am an author & my upcoming book is mytho.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: AuthorSneha

I have a question. This can be used in a published book? Can I publish my entry since I am an author & my upcoming book is mytho.

I'm not a part of thisw contest but as far as my understanding goes, the entries willl remain anonymous for voting and judging purposes. Once the results are out, you will be free to publish your entry.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Sima and Lizzie.

Do we need to take reference from somewhere? Why can't we write the story on our own based on ramayan we have heard in childhood from parents & grandparents. Most of us know the story, so can we write based on it?

You can. Provided it's similar to popular canon and stays true to the characters and their traits that everyone is familiar with. Especially when it comes to romantic relationships, we don't want any re-imaginings where none exist - to avoid hurting any religious sentiments. 

Otherwise you're free to explore the canon realm and tweak it any way you feel like. 

Do read the FF Rules for Mytho stories to know more.

Once the voting and judging for the contest is done and results are published, you're free to use it anywhere you like. All contest entries need to remain anonymous until then to preserve the integrity of the contest.