niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Chetan gets angry
22 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA ,TNN

Chetan Hansraj (TOI Photo)
Taking his role as the hot-headed Bheem in Ekta Kapoor's neo-Mahabharat too seriously, Chetan Hansraj pushed contestant Puneet to the ground in the reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket, thereby increasing the level of realism on our reality shows.

"He had it coming," says a fuming Chetan. "Trust me. It was not rehearsed or pre-planned. This guy was looking for it. And when I finally gave him a shove, the judges were as shocked as I was. I didn't mean to throw him to the ground. But I guess what had to happen had to happen."
According to Chetan, Puneet had been misbehaving from Day 1. "In the first episode he showed his middle finger to all us TV actors saying we were trash." How could a contestant be allowed to make such an obsecene gesture on television?

"That I don't know," shrugs Chetan. "But I warned him against behaving so badly about my fraternity. But again he did the same thing. And he pointedly abused me and my colleagues from television. That's when I lost my cool and hit him. I don't think the judges minded. Puneet was openly misbehaving and being rude and obscene right in front of Suneil Shetty, Shabana Azmi and the rest of the senior judges."

After the incident, the contestant called up Puneet and apologized. "But I will hit him again if he behaves the same way," says Chetan. "It isn't only about me. It's about all my colleagues from television. Who's Puneet to pass disparaging comments about television actors?" Chetan is all set to play the angry Bheem in Mahabharat. "Right now I'm reading the Mahabharat to prepare for my part. I come in after 35 episodes so I've lots of time to prepare."
var imgid = '3259956';var capt = 'Chetan Hansraj (TOI Photo)';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Chetan Hansraj '; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

linkin_vonsky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Puneet is really too much...he was continuing to made bad comments and anyone will loose their calm if face someone like Puneet...

sopphh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for article..that Puneet is SICK!!
kash101 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have already posted in the Sticky post but I thoght I would include it here also since the discussion keeps coming up in the forum.

The situation is not as simple as it looks.  From Twinkle's comments, it looks like Punnet was winding the contestants up and giving attitude even from backstage. 

These TV actors work very long hours.  Sometimes between 12-14 hours a day.  Actors who are the main protaganists of their shows like Karan Patel, Panchi Bora and Abigail may be required to work even more than 12-14 hrs a day because audiences will simply turn to another channel if their favourite actor is not in the scene.  After the shoots, they would then be rehersing for this show.  Is it any wonder then that a lot of these actors are on short fuses.  Chetan is married and has a small son.  His wife is also currently expecting another baby.  It must be pretty hard for him and he probably does not get to spend a lot of time with his family.  He does not need the likes of Punnet to be winding him up on top of these other stresses. 

I am not surprised Chetan blew up.  I don't think the blow-up was staged.  What was staged was the showing of the other contestants remarks on Twinkle & Puneets marks.  There was no need to show this and this was only done to get a reaction from Twinkle and Puneet.  And the way this was shown made the TV actors look  bad.  This is what Chetan had a problem with and he told the producers that he was annoyed because of the way the TV actors were shown in that segment  just to create melodrama and raise TRP's.  In top of this....Puneet was showing attitude at the same time and would not stop.  Chetan just blew up after this.  I don't blame him and Puneet deserved it because he had been warned a number of times during all 3 episodes to shut his mouth.
rishani thumbnail
Puneet is mad,this guy is too much & i don't like his performances,the ohter gys are better than him!!!!😊