*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago
Indiafm.com

Abhishek Bachchan at the style junction

By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 13th, 2005 - 0930 hrs IST

Jigging to hip-hop beats, streaked hair, fancy glares and a crooked smile that curves his lips. Wipe that drool…what takes the cherry is Dhoom where Abhishek Bachchan in his short crimped hair, thick-rimmed glasses and pin-stripped shirts makes the sexiest cop in town. We stop the handsome Bachchan Jr. at the style station to know his style potion.
Here's an eyeful of AB Baby…dapper, desirable and Dishy!

"Girls call me Dishy?"

How do you react when girls call you, 'Dishy'? "Is that what they call me?" "Yes" we confirm. Slightly embarrassed, he continues, "Well, its great, if they think of me as being attractive" He has recently knocked close to 11 kilos, true? "Yes, I am doing this RGV film, Sarkar which required a lean look. That's when I took to the gym and sweated it out" And what does he think of actors who have great bods? "I am all for it. If I had a good physique, I would love to flaunt it. I totally endorse Salman's 'no-shirt' look!

What about the fact that actors spend half of their time in front of mirrors? You think its vain?
"Oh no, not in the slightest. I always believe that films are a visual medium and you need to be presentable. I love it that we actors are obsessed with ourselves!" he smiles. And goes on to add, "We are accountable to the people who shell out monies to watch our films"

"I am paranoid about my hair! I requested Adi to leave me alone but…"

That brings us to his 2004 hit, Dhoom. How did he style the character? "Oh I did nothing. It was Adi (Aditya Chopra) who insisted that I use a short crop, as he wanted a young cop. I was dead against it. I pleaded with him not to touch my hair, but he wouldn't budge. So the hair goes short and well, the glares are my addon" he explains the look of Dhoom.

Speaking of hair, it is known that Abhishek refuses hair products, right? "Its just that I am very paranoid about my hair. As it is, we actors have bad-hair. A couple of these items and I am done!" he kids.

And what explains his 'One love' uber cool look? "Hair and streaks were courtesy Halim. Falguni picked me some great clothes and Vaibhavi Merchant got me to do some neat hip-hop. I had no hand in styling." His Yuva look as the ruffian Lallan Singh was very interesting, we point out. "Manish (Manish Malhotra) decided how Lallan would look. So we picked some loud ganjis, put some kajal in my eyes, ruffled hair and voila! Lallan was alive. Must admit, the whole unkempt look worked "

"I HATE shopping! Mom still picks up clothes for me…!"

Driving from his onscreen style, we now touch upon his personal style. What's it like? "I love wearing Indian clothes. They are very comfortable and suits the humidity too" His is a classic style, we point out. "Well, I love suits. You might not believe this but I am most comfortable in a piece of suit" And what is with shopping? "I can't shop. I simply HATE shopping!" he shoots. "As embarrassing as it is, Ma still picks up clothes for me! I hardly ever shop. Its always Pa, my sis, Karan, and Manish who decide my wardrobe" the tall tower muses.

"I steal dad's trousers!"

What kind of a dresser would he say his mother is? "I think of her as a very dignified dresser. She carries her clothes such that she looks taller that her 5 feet frame. As for dad, he is natural, his persona towers everything else. If I have to dress for an urgent function, I just rob dad's trousers!" he chides. And if someone where to buy you a shirt, who would it be: Mom or Dad? "Dad for sure. Mom still thinks of me as a 2 year old. And in all probability will pick up a polo neck, checkered tight shirt. Can't risk that one" he gives a wicked grin.

"Neither Rani nor Preity is beautiful!"

The hunk now eases for some smacking sawaal-jawab…

What do you hate more: Pimples/ Dandruff?
Both!

If you were given your last 500/-, what would you spend it on: Food/Shoes?
Food

If you had to pick one: Sush or Ash?
Both, most definitely!

If you had to pick beauty/brains in a woman, what would it be?
Would have to be both, can't do with just one.

What do you hate worse: Bad films or Bad performances?
Bad performances, if it were me. Bad films otherwise.

If you had to impress your woman, what would you use: hands/ talk?
Good one: Both!

Who's more beautiful: Rani or Preity?
Neither!

What relaxes you better: good drink/good massage?
A good massage

You would like to spend your last night with Beyonce or Britney?
Beyonce by far!

What do women compliment you on: That you have sexy eyes/ great smile?
Women never compliment me!
"Neither Rani nor Preity is beautiful!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi_lumba thumbnail
wow kewl ... this guy is so intelligent and good looking quite unfilmy!!!
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

thanks for sharing!

he is so sweet!

i really like his acting!!...he has his own style...i don't know y ppl compare him wit his dad....everyone has thier own style!!...he is really decent!

*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

thanks for sharing!

he is so sweet!

i really like his acting!!...he has his own style...i don't know y ppl compare him wit his dad....everyone has thier own style!!...he is really decent!

I know me too, I like him