why Abhijeet Bhattacharya hate Pakistani Singer???

surkikhani thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
i would like to ask one thing from all of you why Abhijeet Bhattacharya hate Pakistani Singer???
first he insulted  Atif Aslam & now Mussarat Abbas what is this guys????
pls dont take personally i am a pakistani i love india i have a great respect for all of u
we all want that we live together as a friend  i think india-forums done a great job in this respect.

just read this article :

The singer was evicted after he shot his mouth off about a Pakistani singer's entry on a reality programme

He has been out of the limelight for quite some time; his playback singing assignments have dwindled and the only thing that has kept him in the spotlight are perhaps the reality shows on television. But playback singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya had a taste of his own medicine last week when his 'strategy' of opposing the entry of a Pakistani singer on a show backfired and resulted in his own ouster.

it's common knowledge that Zee TV is promoting Indo-Pak friendship through its reality shows. As per the format and strategy of the show Ek Se Badhkar Ek, the channel decided to give Mussarrat Abbas of Pakistan a wild card entry into Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007.

All was well till Abhijeet got a whiff of the decision. He threatened to quit.

We thought of getting Abhijeet's point of view. He says, "I don't understand why the channel is trying to get a Pakistani singer for no reason. If our singers like Harpreet or Emon who have been eliminated in the same show, can't come, how is it that a Pakistani singer can come here out of the blue? I refuse to accept that."

When we told him that Indians too go abroad like the US or UK for better prospects, he shot back, "I am not talking about abroad. I am only talking about the Indian music industry which still has a very limited scope. I mean, they are coming from Pakistan and eating up the share. They have taken almost 10 per cent of the work. Do you think Atif Aslam can sing?"

We thought dragging Atif Aslam's name into the controversy was totally uncalled for and so we reminded him of Raahat Fateh Ali Khan. "Well, I think our singers like Sukhwinder Singh or Shankar Mahadevan can sing better than him any day," he reasoned.

Just when we were getting a hint that he is trying to garner some controversy for himself, he retorts, "I have seen kids and their parents queuing up under the scorching heat to get a chance in the shows. And this is like showing disrespect to them by not giving our kids a chance and giving a Pakistani singer a wild card entry."

Maybe he is not fighting an election, but his strategy bears uncanny resemblance to politico's insular strategies. Only this time it is targeted towards singers in the neighbouring country.

And this time, it has not paid off.

i am again requesting all of u pls dont take personally its  a general topic
so i know u all love pakistani singer & have great respect for them. .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karishmalhoe thumbnail
i have not seen it .. but i have heard of it he is so dusgusting and i think atif is a very great singer so is mussarat and rahet fateh ali khan ... but you dont worry girl he is discriminating and god will punish him for that because every god in heaven is one they wont that we also should be one but some people just cant take it and discriminate
jncblr thumbnail
Well these statements are nothing new. It is a known fact that Abhijeet and some other singers are against the new trend of foriegn talents in the Indian music industry. They do have a point to an extent - that yes in this highly competitive market it is unfair to local talent when they not only have to compete against their own but also now with outside talent. On the other hand...I feel talent is pretty universal and if it is exceptional - they should be given a chance regardless. But such is not the case at all times. A lot of singers who really are not class apart are being invited by the directors over the cost of losing a local talent and that to me does not justify the means.

Bottom line...its easier for us to sit here and make comments on such issues...but perspectives might change if we were in their shoes standing in line to be noticed or for that one chance to show case our talent. There are too many people fightting for that piece of the pie here.

Abhjijeet is entitled to his opinion ..but he should also be cautious about how he voices it.
LOVE_DOSTI thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i also hate Abhi for doing this dude
he had no right

anyways,

he is the one behind this making again the Ind and Pak relationship weak
i just hope this won't happen just because of one stupid singer.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
its his personal choice what zee cld do has been done

He is out of ESBE.........( thank God)

it was really bad he did that with Mussu bhai ...he is an amazing singer.....

much much much............................bettre than atif besura heheheehe....
MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

No no u guys got it all wrong!

Abhijeet was saying that the Sound desinger or whoever use a special type of machine to make the voice sound better when someone sings besura... i hope u understand what i'm trying to say!

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
guys enough Atif disscussion ...plzzz discuss only Abhijeet and Mussarat now....bcz if Atif will come in the thread whole thread will fill with his name and then fight.....

@aki bir- this time its about Mussrat abbas who is born sureela,
Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 15 years ago
Yeah, I agree with you all. He is acting in a very xenophobic manner, which is really disconcerting to see on national television.
surkikhani thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

guys enough Atif disscussion ...plzzz discuss only Abhijeet and Mussarat now....bcz if Atif will come in the thread whole thread will fill with his name and then fight.....

@aki bir- this time its about Mussrat abbas who is born sureela,

sorry to say but this topic is about pakistani singer not only mussarat but also talk about Atif & other pakistani singers who  insulted by Mr Abijith
xChandnix thumbnail
What is wrong with Abhijeet, I don't see the show and i am a indian but that is completly out of order saying things like that. Its probably jealousy at the fact Atif Aslam is doing so well and much better than him. I don't know about the pakastani singer but all I know is that saying that is wrong and he should be giving everyone a chance. Edited by Bollywood_mad - 15 years ago