Kiran Dubey joins Miilee

sana_doll thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
  Kiran Dubey joins Miilee
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   October 1, 2005

Off late, Kiran Dubey has been in news for filing a police complaint against beau Carran Kapoor but that's not taking a toll on her professional life.

She has been roped in by Star daily Miilee to play an important cameo to be introduced to the plot as J D's legally wedded wife, Uma in the coming weeks.

Says Dubey, "I got a break with Raman Kapoor's Sansar, and that gave me lot of recognition. So when he approached me, I didn't have to give it a second thought."

Digging deep

The new conflict in Miilee comes calling when J D (Jiten Lalwani), after having a liaison with Ramona (Krishna Kohli) proposes marriage, to which Vishal Rastogi (Kiran Kumar) readily agrees. While Miilee has an inkling of the fact that J D, a confirmed fraud, has his eyes fixed on the wealth of the Rastogi family and is feigning love.

She digs into his past and gets to know that he has been married to Uma (Kiran Dubey). Uma surfaces at the behest of Miilee and a chain of complications follow.

Vishal Rastogi and Ramona interpret it as an attempt on Miilee's part to settle personal scores. Miilee confides in Dadima and wins her support. Adds Dubey, "I've many strong performance-oriented scenes as I help Miilee to make J D's conspiracies fall through."

Content with cameos

Dubey asserts that it has been a conscious decision to limit herself to cameos because of her Bollywood aspirations.

"I don't want to get bracketed in that Tulsi or Parvati mould. Once you don such a character, you're finished forever. That's why my character Karishma, one of the best things that happened to me came to a close in Kyunki after I get married on the show. I'm just waiting for the right film to happen," she says. When quizzed about the duration of her character in Miilee, she replies, "I've just shot for a single episode. Let's see where it takes me."

Adds Radhika Kumar, co-producer of the soap, "Kiran is an established actress and we're happy to get her back. Right now, her character lasts for six episodes. But if things go down well we're looking forward to retain her in the main plot."