Karn/Manoj-Teejay are living it out

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
Karn and Teejay are living it out
9 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Life seems to go in sync for this much-in-love, caring yet carefree couple from tinseltown.

At one point, Karn Vir Bohra was the evil and popular Prem of Kasautii Zindagii Kay, while Teejay Sidhu was a busy bee on television. In the meantime, Cupid struck, marriage vows took place and life became one long vacation. The two suddenly vanished from the scene and the small screen. But now, work's buzzing for both of them again: while the two are dancing their days (and nights) away practicing for a dance reality show Kabhi Yaar Kabhi Pyaar together, individually too, there's plenty happening on the workfront. Karn Vir is all set to make his presence felt on the big screen in Kismat Konnection, while Teejay is excited about being part of a health and lifestyle show on TV. Over to the reel-n-real
life couple.

What's it like working together in your first reality show?

Karn Vir: It's exciting because I get to dance with both my wives, my on-screen wife Tina Parakh and my off-screen wife Teejay. And let me tell you, there's a chemistry both ways! None of us are professionals β€” we practise for over seven hours everyday - but we're enjoying it.

Teejay: I've done salsa and tap dancing before, but never Bollywood, so this is a whole new ball game for me! Also, this is the first time I'm dancing on stage in front of an audience. I have to admit, when we started out, I had zero confidence, I was terrible, I just wished we would get eliminated in the first round itself! Or I'd wish the stage would catch fire or something! By far, this was the scariest thing I've done in my life! But the best way to get over a fear is to jump right into it. Another lesson I learnt on the way is how to take criticism in my stride. As time went on, I got used to the Bollywood steps, and began enjoying it. Now I'm hoping we don't get eliminated!

You have been out of the work scene and social circuit for a while now...

Karn Vir: Post marriage, we were both on a self-imposed break, travelling and honing other skills. Then I went head-on into my film, hence it seemed like I was out of the scene. But I've just been so busy with the film, really, I couldn't have asked for a better Bollywood debut. It's a dream for any beginner to do their first scene with Om Puriji, that too in an Aziz Mirza film! Despite having done so much theatre and having faced the camera so much, I was really scared on day one of the shoot. Acting with these veterans moves you.

Teejay: It was just a coincidental cycle of work, rest and work again. But yes, neither of us wanted to take up just any work solely to be seen on TV. So we spent quality time together, took up martial arts workshops, gymming and kickboxing together. I know it sounds clichd, but when it rains, it pours, and right now, it's pouring work again for both of us!

How is married life?

Karn Vir: So far, so good, thanks to His blessings. Our marriage mantra is not to get stressed over the small things, but to look at the positives instead. There's such a long journey ahead.

Teejay: So far, so good! It's fabulous! Karn's a dream to be married to, he tidies the room, makes breakfast in the morning and all that.

Time for a baby in the family, then?
n Teejay: Not now. I've already got one baby to look after and that's enough!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/K arn_and_teejay_are_living_it_out/articleshow/3211243.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prettychoco90 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Thank for informations...πŸ˜ƒ

It Manoj & Teejay had one child?    
cameroon16 thumbnail