**Rakshanda Khan: I don't sing!**

linkin_vonsky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

'It would be in public interest that I don't sing!'

Rakshanda Khan talks to Roshni K Olivera about reality shows, Sachin Tyagi, her co-host with whom she's been linked and why she isn't eyeing Bollywood

You are anchoring the Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar with Sachin Tyagi, who you've been linked with...
I've been linked with Irfan Pathan also and I've met him only twice. Atleast here I've known Sachin for 4 1/2 years, so what do I say?

Are you saying these are just baseless rumours?
Whenever I have anything about my personal life to say, I will say it. Till then what's the point harping on anything?

But wasn't it a planned strategy by the channel or production house to bring Sachin and you together?
As far as I remember Ekta (Kapoor) had met me a long time ago and she'd said she was planning a reality show. She told me whenever she has a reality show, she'll get me to host it. For me it's Ekta keeping her promise. I believe I get work on my capacity rather than my equation with someone.

How do you work things out on a show when there
is another host along?
Anchoring a reality show is a challenge. Having a cohost who can sing and dance as well is an added advantage and that works for the show.

Is Sachin a better dancer than you?
For me anybody is a better dancer than me which is why I'm not a contestant, but the anchor.

Why haven't you participat
ed in any reality show?
I just think I don't have the guts that it takes to be a contestant. And right now I don't even have the talent! Some day when I overcome my fear of dancing I might contest.

And singing?
Singing? It would be in public interest that I don't sing! My neighbours and audiences might actually go to court over this. Imagine if I'm rehearsing at home,
property prices will actually
fall in Lokhandwala!

Tell us about your role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, you haven't been seen in the show for a while now...

It wasn't a planned thing. It so happened that the track was not really required at that point. Maybe they felt Hiten can't handle two hot women together!

Will you return to the show sometime soon?
As far as I have been told the track is most certainly going to come back. It's just a matter of time when.

In Ekta Kapoor's
Mahabharat on 9X you are playing Amba. How's the experience?
It's fabulous you get to play a mythological character. And you are playing a character that has no physical reference. At the same time you are pitted against a show entrenched in public memory for 15 years. We have to move away from that and create our own impact, but keep the flavour intact.

Many of your TV colleagues have been eyeing Bollywood. What about you?
Many people are moving away from TV to films, so there have to be some actors loyal to TV. That's why I have decided to stay back
(smiles).

You've lost quite a lot of weight in recent times..
Yes, it's a conscious effort and thankfully I had the time. But most certainly I'm not looking at size zero. Being zero at anything in life doesn't interest me. .. 

NO SINGING PLEASE! Rakshanda Khan

Source: ePaper Times of India

Edited by linkin_vonsky - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

k-ekta fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thx 4 d artciel.
rakshu is a chweethrt...haha it's nt hitu but grl; can't handle htu charm n fall 4 it 😆 😆 😳
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she is a great choice for an anchor
moviecraze288 thumbnail
Thanks for the article...She's a great actress and it looks like she'll be a great host!
Hopefully Ekta brings her back to Kyunki soon!!! 😊

akash99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is honest about herself
-tanya- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thats a preetty pic of her..thanks
Mitu1228 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail