linkin_vonsky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
'I know how to dance'

After winning the first season of Comedy Circus and successfully hosting Say Shaava Shaava, Ali Asgar now tests his dancing skills in Zara Nachke Dikha

You seem to be obsessed with reality shows nowadays.

I am not obsessed with reality shows; but I enjoy doing them because in reality shows I am not bound by a script. I have some creative freedom. It all began when I won the very first reality show (Comedy Circus) I took part in. Uska ek high hota hai. If I had not won Comedy Circus I would have been discouraged. Also, I have the time because I am doing just one serial at the moment.

Is money a motivating factor?

Definitely, money matters. Who doesn't want money today? In reality shows, aap masti bhi karte raho aur uske like aapko paise bhi mil rahe hain. What more can one ask for?

Now you are going to participate in a dancing reality show, Zara Nachke Dikha. Aren't you afraid that the joke could be on you this time?

It is not that I don't have any music sense or rhythm in me. It's just that I am not a professional or trained dancer. Neither have I taken Shiamak Davar's classes nor have I done any dancing reality shows before this. But I do know how to dance. I know that if I keep doing it, I will learn; I am getting to learn for free!

When did you discover your flair for comedy?

Comedy has been a part of me for a long time. After Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii my image became a bit serious. When Comedy Circus came along, I thought of having some fun. And all of a sudden people woke up to the realisation that I could do comedy too.

Talking about Kahaani..., don't you get bored of doing the same show for almost eight years?

Just tell me one thing - if I leave this show to do another serial, what novelty will that serial have? We do not have any stories left to tell. Of late, we are at the mercy of real life incidents; we pick them up as soon as they occur. Whether it's on Zee, Sony or Star Plus, we are just re-packaging the old things with new faces. There is a certain degree of loyalty in me and I enjoy a camaraderie with my team so I want to be a part of Kahaani till the end.

What is your off-screen relationship with costar Saakshi Tanwar?

She is like my friend, partner and buddy. It's a rare relationship. Saakshi and I are there for each other; and I am not saying it just for the sake of saying it. I share a similar relationship with Kiran (Karmarkar) too. We are like a family.

Does the maxim 'familiarity breeds contempt' hold true in the case of the Kahaani ... team?

We help each other but do not get into each other's personal space.

What if you had a sugar-coated bhabhi like Parvati in real life?

I would love to have a bhabhi (whether like Parvati or not); it would be good because she will offload some of my work pressure.

How would you rate the wives/women you have shared the screen with in Kahaani ... ?

I think Shweta (Kawatra) would be the best. Meeta (Vashisth) was good too. We started together so Shweta lent Pallavi's character a certain finesse.

Have you invited Ekta's ire after accepting the reality shows?

I have been very fortunate because I have never had any clash with her. She knows me very well. Before Kahaani too, I had done serials with her. I do not deny that I owe my success to Balaji. My best roles have come from Ekta but I believe in variety. I keep charging myself up by getting into these spaces where I can try out new things.

Given a choice, what would you choose between reality shows and fiction?

I love to flow with the tide; and right now reality is in. Besides, fiction shows make tremendous demands on your commitment.

People say that you look a lot like Rishi Kapoor...

I take it as a compliment. Rishi Kapoor has been one of the most natural actors in our industry; I am very fond of him. But I have never tried to copy him. If I resemble him, I can't help it.

Mili Swarnakar (Bollywood News Service)

Source: The Telegraph India

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What is your off-screen relationship with costar Saakshi Tanwar?

She is like my friend, partner and buddy. It's a rare relationship. Saakshi and I are there for each other; and I am not saying it just for the sake of saying it. I share a similar relationship with Kiran (Karmarkar) too. We are like a family.

What if you had a sugar-coated bhabhi like Parvati in real life?

I would love to have a bhabhi (whether like Parvati or not); it would be good because she will offload some of my work pressure.

Aw...How cute is that!! 😳 😳 😳 Sakshi n Ali are the Best of Friends (Touchwood! 😳 )...n their Off Screen rapport shows On Screen! 😳 😳 ...n there simply cannot be a more Cuter n Better Bhabhi-Devar Jodi than Parvati n Kamal.. 😳 🤗 😍 ..Sakshi n Ali Rock together n i love the Dedication n Commitment that both Sakshi n Kamal have towards their Profession.. 👏 Edited by luv_sakshi - 15 years ago
second_chances thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hes soo adorable with such a great attitude!
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like Bhabhi and Dev( Pravati and kamal)

And it is good that they all get along very well in real life
priya555 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww such a nice answers by Ali. Ali u ROCK 👏
Really Parvati's and Kamal's bhabhi- devi jodi ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS------------THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. 👏
Saakshi and Ali r really like friends and whole team as family. how sweet 👏
TFS 😃