ratna has no self respect

peacestead thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Inspite of anand saying bluntly on ratnas face that he still loves Pia why is she holding on to him for dear life, i thought an independent and free thinking woman like her would have more self respect. Now that she knows that anand still loves Pia why doesnt she let go of him , Pia has too much self respect but i think ratna would'nt even mind a threesome.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vazz thumbnail
I would think that Ratna is in the mode where she thinks that she can overshadow Anand's love for Pia and Anand will eventually forget Pia. She suddenly has this fantasy of a family etc that she did not want before and now she does not want to let go the oppourtunity.
She did not have self respect to begin with, as she did not mind sharing this 'guy' with his wife and could do this to her own cousin.
If she thinks hard.. she has the same opportunity with Wasim too... kya bath hai 😉 .. she has two guys... and she wants to stick with the rotten one 😛
chikoo thumbnail
Either way, Ratna never had self respect to begin with. She is not strong but a coward person who does not mind living like a kept for years. The worst part is that she had to affection with her own cousin, who she grew up with!

Even after knowing Anand does not really love him but it was only his confusion that took him closer to her, she still wants to stick with him. She is the worst of all.
vazz thumbnail
We all see a wall and think.. oh ho.. we are going to hit if we do not slow down. But Ratna is such a low-life bull head that she is willing into crash into the wall and see what happens 😆
xyzee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vazz

She did not have self respect to begin with, as she did not mind sharing this 'guy' with his wife and could do this to her own cousin.
If she thinks hard.. she has the same opportunity with Wasim too... kya bath hai 😉 .. she has two guys... and she wants to stick with the rotten one 😛

I agree.. A woman who can go along with a married man obviously does not have the words "self respect" in her dictionary!!

Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
when this soap started ratna's personality was different than what she is now.
now she acts like really insecure woman.
anjali.nair thumbnail
If we keep aside the cheating part, I liked Ratna's character when she was introduced in the show. In fact I thought Kitu Gidwani excelled in the role. She seemed like this thinking, intelligent, independent woman who loved her bohemian lifestyle and no man could control her. Even when she was attracted to Anand she was always refined and didn't look that despicable other woman satisfying her needs.

But now it seems she has become this nagging woman who is so totally opposite of what she was first shown on the show.

I oppose to the character she is portraying now. The storywriter shouldn't show Anand running away from Ratna because she is nagging and pushy. They should keep her character like it was and then should make Anand realize his mistake. 
greatmaratha thumbnail
Well, I dont think I would agree with the views given here.

Ratna was shown as a free spiritied artistically talented personality. She has a lot of life and otherwise a creative person.

Why and how she fell in love with anand is not described in too much detail in the story, suffice to say that they met when Anand was stranded in Delhi during some official work and Ratna offered shelter and company.

They connected during that one night and that formed the base for a beautiful friednship perhaps. But then, who took the first step towards a relationship?

Should attraction only be between unattached people. Do people who are in a relation not get attracted towards another. And what if Anand sub conciously was drifting away from Piya. We know that Piya is graceful, beautiful, etc etc... but what if these qualities do not endear him anymore.

Obviously something was on the wane, something was hurting in their relation, for if the man is secure in it, despite the attraction, he would not be tempted to take that first step towards another relationship.

Ratna - No doubt earlier, she was fun loving etc. But having been in the same state for over two or more years, isnt it normal for a little insecurity to creep in. Isnt Anands behaviour now a lil abnormal, he is hiding things from her, when earlier, he told her everything. Earlier, he told her everything, and hid the fact of Ratna from PIya. Ratna is aware of this fact. Now she finds that she is not aware of so many things, isnt the normal thing to suspect that now Anand confides everything in Piya. Will that not give rise to suspicion and insecurity.
xyzee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

Well, I dont think I would agree with the views given here.

Ratna was shown as a free spiritied artistically talented personality. She has a lot of life and otherwise a creative person.

Why and how she fell in love with anand is not described in too much detail in the story, suffice to say that they met when Anand was stranded in Delhi during some official work and Ratna offered shelter and company.

They connected during that one night and that formed the base for a beautiful friednship perhaps. But then, who took the first step towards a relationship?

Should attraction only be between unattached people. Do people who are in a relation not get attracted towards another. And what if Anand sub conciously was drifting away from Piya. We know that Piya is graceful, beautiful, etc etc... but what if these qualities do not endear him anymore.

Obviously something was on the wane, something was hurting in their relation, for if the man is secure in it, despite the attraction, he would not be tempted to take that first step towards another relationship.

Ratna - No doubt earlier, she was fun loving etc. But having been in the same state for over two or more years, isnt it normal for a little insecurity to creep in. Isnt Anands behaviour now a lil abnormal, he is hiding things from her, when earlier, he told her everything. Earlier, he told her everything, and hid the fact of Ratna from PIya. Ratna is aware of this fact. Now she finds that she is not aware of so many things, isnt the normal thing to suspect that now Anand confides everything in Piya. Will that not give rise to suspicion and insecurity.

Well, what you say is true but from the last few episodes it appears very clear that Anand is a very confused individual - the way he is so desperate to have Pia back, is so possessive of her, still declares his love for her, etc. Maybe he realized that what he felt for Ratna was nothing but a crush? If two unattached people are attracted to each other, chances are it may end in marriage and a third or fourth person is un-affected or hurt in the process. But here, Pia is hurt badly because of Ratna and Anand's cheating and sneaky relationship..

Edited by xyzzee - 18 years ago
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Whatever the situation between Anand and Pia, even if something was hurting in their relationship or something was on the wane Ananad should be man enough to step forward and address it - either work towards fixing it or let Pia go. What he has done is not as hurtful as the way in which he has done it. He has taken the easy way out like a coward. He did not want to leave the comfort and security of his marraige to Pia and he wanted Ratna on the side. He does not care for either Ratna or Pia - it is all about him. What this confused man really needs is a psychiatrist but please not someone like Dr. Geeta. 😊