Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Ekta's warriors confident of fight back!

by Meenakshi Shankar

Sep 26, 2008, Mumbai  

Kauravas and Pandavas of 'Kahani Hamari Mahabharat Ki' are confident that they can turn around the fortunes of the show, being aired on 9X. Speaking to the media for the first time, at a plush suburban hotel in Mumbai, they said in unison, "Give us a chance to prove. Don't write us off as yet! The show is getting into its second phase – the golden era in Hastinapur. This is where the real story kicks off!"

But the ratings, as of now, don't justify the confidence exuded by the Balaji warriors and speculations are rife that the mythological series might be pulled off air sooner. Uma Shankar, who plays Yudisthir in 'Kahani Hamari Mahabharat ki', says, "We will do anything to bring in the numbers. Going from the Greek God look to this new colorful avtaar is in one way to cater to what our viewers have always been used to." And he added, "And just in case, if the response is not good, then we will again go for a whole new look!"

From a 'Men in Black' look to a whole new get up, Balaji's boys are gung-ho about entering the new phase in the epic. Chetan Hansraj who plays Bheem, Aryan Vaid who essays Duryodhana, Sid Makkar who has replaced Harshad Chopra as Arjun…the hunks sizzled at the launch party.

Ronit Roy aka Bheesm, in our earlier tete-a-tete had mentioned how involved he was with his character. He had even adopted Bheesm's principles as his way of life. He was turning himself into a teetotaler and was trying to absent himself from the 'don'ts'! If that is indeed the case, then his absence from the party could be excused!

The absence of most of the female leads barring Jaya Bhattacharya and Pooja Bose, including a newbie who essays the character of Radha, was striking. But, a source says, "Mahabharat is a men's battleground…and all the men are here!" But, wasn't Mahabharata all about avenging Draupadi's 'cheer haran'…? So where was our Draupadi aka Anita Hassanandani?

We caught up with some of the characters for a quick take on their Mahahbharata experience. Aryan Vaid, who plays Duryodhana, sheepishly admitted, "If I could travel back, I would go back to the first episode and do away with my demonic laughter! I agree, that was a little overboard." But saying that, he is pretty confident of essaying his part!

Mrunal Jain said, "Krishna, as I play it, will set a new record in the history of Indian television." And Ekta's blue-eyed boys, Chetan Hansraj and Hiten Tejwani, who essay Bheem and Karn respectively in 'KHMK', did seem to possess an air of confidence.

We do hope that the golden period in the epic bring in the numbers for Balaji and the channel.
niveditha thumbnail
Gimme fame, says Uma 'Yudhishtir' Shankar

I am....a PSYCHO! Read on before you rush to the nearest police station…I am a psychologist!

I'm attracted to… Fame. But that does not include money. I know both of them go hand in hand, but if they could be separated, then give me fame any day. The lure of it is pretty hard to shrug off!

I am driven by…My passion. I guess that is what keeps me going. In fact, if there's no passion then I guess, we more or less stop living.

I'm a gadget and a gizmo person and at the moment, I'm hooked on to...My dual-sim cell. Aaah…you can't wean me away from it. I'm hooked…hook line and sinker!

My recent purchase… My Dual Sim Cell. I can't think beyond it.
I get sweaty and dirty…Now now…who is getting naughty! I am not going to answer that bit!

I just finished reading …Psychotherapy and Hypnosis. I like to keep abreast with what's happening in my profession.

The most treasured moment for me is… Being short listed for the Indian Army. There's such a high in just thinking about that. Trust me, it's not a piece of cake being short-listed. The endless physical and mind games involved actually make it a notch above all the other careers in hand.

I smile… At will. (We couldn't agree more with that. He's got a sinfully gorgeous smile!)

And the last time I had tears in my eyes were...I don't really remember. I like to take things in my stride. And I believe that a smile can ease away all the pain.

And when I am heading for a big temper tantrum…I take a step back and take a deep breath! As simple as that…

If I woke up one morning and discovered that I had turned into a woman...Ahhh…men beware, because they would have no clue on what hit them!

Ahhh, my first crush was...Alas, crushed! Such is life and its vagaries!

My favorite restaurant would…Just Around The Corner, Bandra

My poison (drink) would be… Red wine

My last holiday was…Tucked away in my hometown with my family. There's just something so relaxing about leaving back the pressures and the grind.

Since I have done all genres, I would pick my best as...Yudhistir

I embrace...Life. It's a high just being a part of our society.

At the moment, I want...A hell lot of things. And you would run out of pages if I would get started.

My all-time favorite movie...Sholay & Serendipity

Weekend to me is...Reload and fire away. And Monday is a new day and a new life

I believe in.…a hell lot of things. You really don't want me to get started off.

Past for me is...an experience and future to me is a mysterious journey, reflection of my past and present

If it was my last day on earth...then I am going to savor every moment before I head off to Mars!
niveditha thumbnail
Mahaabhaarata new look lacks attire

Once upon a time in India, there was a family. When the family fell apart and fought a war, the great epic Mahabharata was created.

This made a comeback on primetime television in July 2008, when Ekta Kapoor launched her new version called Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabharat Ki. But the queen of Indian television has had to change the costumes and accessories on the show so that people could relate to it.
Our source in Balaji Telefilms told us that they realised the old look did not match the mythological setting. "The new look has an entirely different flavour, which people should be able to understand better," our source said.

The old look on Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabharat Ki had actors wearing so many accessories that it became difficult for them to fight on camera. Yudhisthir used to wear a stylish band on his forehead, jewellery on his neck, a large leather belt on his waist and gigantic rings on his fingers. To top it all, he had to carry a king-size bhaala which looked too heavy for him.

Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabharat Ki certainly added a glamour quotient to the ancient epic that none of us expected to see. Will the new look be any better? Well, Bhim now sports practically no clothes on the upper part of his body--only a shoulder guard and a huge silver wristnband!

niveditha thumbnail

TAKE TEN

Article Rank 
< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=07_10_2008_536_004&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mihir papa turns 43

Ronit Bose Roy popularly known as Mihir of Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi will be celebrating his 43rd birthday this year. So what plans does television?s highest paid actor have for his special day?

"Taking some quality time out from Ronit's diligent schedule, we are going to Goa from 10th -13th and that is where we'll be celebrating his birthday," says Neelam, Ronit?s wife.

So is this the surprise for hubby Ronit? "No? apart from this I'll gift him something but that's a secret!" she says.

On the personal front, Ronit owns a security agency, ACE, which provides security to top Bollywood stars and production houses. He is married to former model and TV actress Neelam Singh.

The star came to Mumbai and resided with Subhash Ghai in his early years. Roy worked with him as an assistant director. He later turned a model and did a few commercials followed by a stint as a freelance editor. Ronit also directed 25 episodes of Chitrahaar on Doordarshan.

With aspirations to pursue acting on the silver screen, Ronit made his debut in Dushmanon ka Dushman (1984) which unfortunately didn't work for him. But soon after that he made a mark in Bollywood as his next release Jaan Tere Naam (1992) was a hit. But this didn't help catapult his career as his other releases Tehkiquaat, Dosti ki Saugandh, Andha Intequam, Bomb Blast, Sainik and 15 August which released in 1993 were all flops. There after, he acted in over 30 films in 10 years which included movies like Hulchul (1995), Army (1996), Khatron ke Khiladi (2001) and many others.

Perhaps, fate had something else in store for him. He then started his acting career in the small screen where he did many television serials like Phool aur Katein (DD1), Suraag (DD1), Sssh? koi hai (Star Plus), Krishna Arjun (Star Plus), Kammal (Zee TV), Kavyanjali (Star Plus), Kehna Hai Kuch Mujh Ko (Sony), Sarkarr (Zee TV), Kasamh Se (Zee TV), Kayamath (Star Plus).

He emerged on the small screen when he was given the role of Mihir in Ekta Kapoor?s Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Both as Mihir and Mr. Bajaj of Kasauti Zindagi Ka, Ronit shot to the top.

He joined the second season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa as one of the contestants with Nicole Alvares as his choreographer partner. His interest in dancing drove him to participate in a dance show called Yeh Hai Jalwa where he led the team Bindaas Bosses. And most recently he has been seen as one of the judges on the dance reality show Aaja Mahi Ve on Star Plus.

Ronit is also working in KHMK as Bheeshimapittahima on 9X

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081010_48
Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Puja Bose takes over from Sakshi

Puja Bose who made her debut in Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat, will now be seen as the lead in Ekta Kapoor's new show Kaisi Mohabbat Hai which will replace Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. Puja who is completing her graduation in Mumbai spoke to us about her role and the show.

"I always wanted to become an actor. I have done two films in the past - Escape from Taliban and another Bengali film. But I was waiting for the best opportunity to come my way. This was my first audition for any show and I got selected for Mahabharat. It was like dream come true for me," informs Puja.

"And then as soon as my part of Radha got over in Mahabharat, Balaji immediately offered this show to me and I accepted. I am not allowed to give details about it so you have to wait and watch," adds Puja.

Talking about playing Radha she says, "It was a great experience. I really enjoyed it. They showed Radha very nicely and in detail. I have seen movies based on Mahabharat and shows too but nobody showed as many details about her. Only one minor problem was that my original eye colour is green and Radha's eye colour was black so I had to wear lenses for hours and that was very bad!"

Puja who debuted in television via Mahabharat, has acted as child artist with Manisha Koirala in Escape from Taliban. Puja has been brought up in Mumbai though her family lives in Kolkatta.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081013_64

niveditha thumbnail

I was scared of playing Arjun: Sidd Makkar
by Vidhya Krishnan
Oct 23, 2008, Mumbai

The K'ueen's 'Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki' is again in the news as Harshad Chopra, who was supposed to play Arjun's character, is being replaced by Sidd Makkar of 'Mere Apne' fame. In a candid chat, Sidd tells about his new role…

Q: How does it feel to be the second choice?
I don't feel anything. In fact I didn't know that I was the second choice; it would not have made a difference to me even if I knew about it, unless if it had been on air.

Q: What do you bring into the role of Arjun?
I am playing Arjun with fullest sincerity and honesty. I am also doing a bit of reading on the epic. I believe and am confident that I can bring out my role well.

Q: Why a mythology when you know there's a lot of baggage attached to it?
It is a great role that came my way. I focus more on films and theatre, but I generally am very choosy about working on TV and I will only take up projects that excite me. I was initially scared of playing Arjun because of the critics that the project is having. But I got over it gradually.

Q: Mythology serial is a risk; the character could make you or break you. How do you deal with the pressure?
I don't think it is a make or break thing. I am confident and enjoy doing this. I want to contribute my fullest of abilities and the rest will follow. I have not watched the old Mahabharat, but I am doing my research through reading. And I like to handle the pressure by facing it and it is nice to have the pressure which gives the push to perform better.

Q: How different is mythology to you when compared to other regular shows?
It is a lot different. The costumes are different and it takes longer to get ready for the shots. Even the language is very different. Unlike the regular shows where the track keeps changing it is not the case with the mythology. You can't play with it as 90 percent of the people in our country believe it to have happened. People tend to relate it with the original character and have a mental image of each character. The story is known but how well or different it could be given to the audience is what it is all about.

Q: How do you feel about the flagging TRPs? Even with such a strong star-cast, the TRPs are dwindling, what do you think about it?
Honestly, I don't think or worry about them; it is not my business. I just focus on my character.

Q: And, if you had a day to whip the show back to the number one on TRP chart, what would you do?
I will just give my fullest to the role and if each and everyone does that, the rest will automatically follow.

Q. How long do you think the show will go on...?
I have no idea about it and I don't think or worry about all this. It is not my business to look into such things and I would rather prefer to spend that time on something useful.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/kahaani_hamaaray_mahabharat_ki_arjun_sidd_makkar/october-23-2008/kahaani_hamaaray_mahabharat_ki_arjun_sidd_makkar_replace_harshad_chopra.html

niveditha thumbnail

I am politically correct: Aryan Vaid
by Meenakshi Shankar
Oct 24, 2008, Mumbai

Rapid fire rounds are the in-thing, these days. Here, in 'Chakri Chat', we catch the celebs off guard on the eve of Diwali. Aryan Vaid is our target. Readers, have a blast!

If you were a cracker, what would you be?
Don't read me wrong because as naughty it may sound, it ain't all that bad. I want to be something that went up really fast and high and I also want to be the one which releases the maximum colours.

Your biggest cracker misadventure …
Like every kid, I know and see it being done even today; we would send rockets horizontally on the road. Don't ask me what kinda kick we had got from that, but it was a super dangerous adventure.

If you could set chain crackers on the tail of your co-star, whose tail would it be?
Now, now, I am a politically correct guy. Why do you even want to go there and get burnt? I am a safe sounding board!

Name one 'kaju barfi' and one 'mirchi bomb' on your sets…
At the moment I am shooting for Mahabharat..and there are only men, and lots of them on the sets..I think the gulab jamun would be Shakuni mama (Kali Prasad)… in real he is a real sweet guy contrary to his character!

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/aryan_vaid_diwali_column/october-24-2008/aryan_vaid_diwali_column_chakri_chat.html

niveditha thumbnail
Ekta's Mahabharat to end soon?

Entertainment channel 9X is contemplating shortening Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki, given its tepid response and high cost. One of Ekta's biggest projects in the last couple of years, the show has already undergone major changes in costume and acting.

A source said that the show might be rapidly concluded instead of making it a long-drawn affair.
"Talks has been going on for a few days on this and the show will not immediately go off the air but it is true that it is not getting desired response," the source said, "We have tried so many different things with Mahabharat and showed so much detail, but nothing seems to work well."

The modernist costume of the show by Manish Malhotra looked like Greek to viewers and that was changed to bring about a more traditional look. Then there was an acting course that the cast was put through, because their delivery was too close to that of the Saas-Bahu serials. "We have heard that the show will not end immediately, but concluded early next year," an actor on the show said, "It was suppose to end towards the middle of 2009 but it appears that it will have a shorter life than that."

"The show has been a limited viewership and and is quite an expensive project," another source on the set said, "the cost per episode is at least Rs 40 lakh."

The show started this July with much hype, but could not achieve the response the earlier Mahabharat (on Doordarshan) got. Similarly, NDTV Imagine's Ramayan also did not get the kind of sweeping viewership that the earlier, much less slick, version got.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081029_150

niveditha thumbnail

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=31_10_2008_538_002&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">