Interview--Amrita Singh

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Why a two-year gap between your first soap Kkavyanjali and Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket? It was intentional. I wanted a long stress-free break and I took it. I spent time with my kids, I moved house after 25 years.. which is a monumental change for me and my children. I did a couple of movies too. Now, I'm back on TV . What prompted the return? Because it's entirely on my terms. It airs once a week, so the hours are convenient. Also, I'm not just any Rita, Nita or Prita on the show I'm Amrita Singh, I'm a mentor. And of course, I get to work with a boss I love so much, Ekta Kapoor. She gave me work - Kkavyanjali - when I needed it most and she pam- pers me so much. You must have received offers from other reality shows too, right? Frankly I don't know if there were , any such offers. Because in these two years, I didn't look at TV stuff at all. I know that sounds arrogant but.. I can take on something only if it suits me and my children. They are my first priority if a show .. understands that I'll take it on. Since the show's panel will be scoutingforthenextactor-actressjodi forBollywood,whatdo youthinkmakes a great actor or actress? Ha ha, I'm still trying to figure that out for myself. Haveyoueveridentifiedwithanyofthe women you've portrayed? Never. My kids are shocked when they see me in the movies. I inten- tionally never pick roles which are like me.. playing oneself would be so boring. You turned 40 this year.. are you satisfied with the way your life has worked out? Careerwise, I'm very satisfied, I've got much more than I could ever expect. Is there a dearth of roles for over-30s actresses in the movies? What do you think? I know I would- n't watch a film with a middle-aged heroine unless it was a really intel- ligent film. Most heroines never get to do strong roles in their 20s either. What do you think of 25-year-olds on television playing mum to girls their age? It's their personal choice, yaar. What do you enjoy watching on TV? I hardly watch TV I never grew up . with a mindset of entertainment on television. But my kids and I enjoyed Nach Baliye. We watched all three seasons religiously. How would you rate yourself as a single mum? I'm a brilliant single mum. Do you miss a man in your life? Not for the kids, no. I miss a man for other reasons.. that's so obnox- ious but it's true. Have you ever dreamt of a fantasy romance? (Laughs) Are you kidding me? I've lived out all my fantasies! No more fantasies then? Aha, what would you know! (Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket will air on 9X)

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ejaz_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
she's so frank with her responses..awwww she's a great human being..more thn tht.. she's a great mother 😃 😳 .. i like her so much for showing the world how confident she is.. and how frankly she said she miss a man not for kids, but for other reasons.. 😳 brilliant human being and a devoted mother.. 😊.. more thn tht she dint forget to thank ekta! 😆

I wonder if she turned 40 this year, how old saif is? he is like 10 years younger thn her, ryte? he can't be 30.. but who knows.. oh am confused 😕 😆

Thanks for sharing 😳 Edited by ejaz_lover - 15 years ago
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
She IS 50 not 40
She married Saif when he was 21 in 1991, she was 12 years older to him.
I am happy that she is doing gr8. She indeed is a brilliant single mom 👏
premukti_5rb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amrita was born in 1958...so yes she is 50...
And Saif was born in 1970.....he is 38...
so yep the age gap is 12 years...
and yes i agree she is a great mother 😊
CrazyNoori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
amrita still lookz awesum n rockz 1 of ma fav bolly actresses eva 😃
BlessedSexyone thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awww, if she lookin for a man, am available 😆 😆 actually i will rephrase that or Noori chase me with a danda 😆 😆 i cant belive she 50, she lookin hot.
CrazyNoori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ckrock

awww, if she lookin for a man, am available 😆 😆 actually i will rephrase that or Noori chase me with a danda 😆 😆 i cant belive she 50, she lookin hot.

ahem wud i eva do dat to u😳😆

.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks..
Yeaaahh she is doing a great job as a single mother.. x
and she was a great actress she took on good roles :D