When Ekta tracked down Panchi- article

Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

When Ekta Kapoor tracked down Panchi Bora!

Nithya Ramani met up with Kayamath's Panchi Bora, or Prachi, on the sets of her soap.

The scene being shot is a wedding sequence; Milind Mishra (Shabbir Ahluwalia) and Ayesha (Sanjeeda Sheikh) are getting married. Milind calls off the wedding as he is in love with Prachi. Ayesha, who cannot bear it, gets violent. After making his decision, Milind cannot take the pressure and faints.

But though the scene is so intense, the atmosphere on the sets is light. The cast and director, Jaffer Sheikh, are having a blast on the sets before the shoot, and even after pack-up.

So how did you land up on television?

My father is a retired army officer. I wanted to become a lawyer. During my first year in college, I auditioned for commercials and got a break in a Cadbury ad.

Ekta Kapoor [head, Balaji Telefilms] saw the ad and asked me to audition for MTV and Balaji Films' Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi. I bagged the part of a radio jockey, Ananya Puri.

How did Kayamath happen?

After Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, I took a break and decided to complete my graduation. Having quit law, I got a Bachelor of Arts degree. During the break, Ekta thought of casting me in Kayamath.

I do not know how she tracked me as I had changed my residence. It must have taken a lot of effort on her part to track me.

Initially, I was not interested in the role. I knew from my Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi experience that television would be hectic. But Ekta persisted and even narrated the script to me. I found it interesting and took it up.

Do you identify yourself with your character in the serial?

We are two different people, with few similarities. I have become bold and do not take too much, but Prachi takes it all and never gives back. Our similarities are that Prachi and Panchi are soft spoken, simple and homely.

How was the experience of working with Ekta been?

[Thinks hard] I hardly know Ekta and do not speak much to her. She is very hard working. Earlier, when the show was just taking off, she would come on the sets. Now, she hardly comes. Overall, I must say the experience has been good.

The character Neev [played by Jay Bhanushali] will no longer be seen on Kayamat. What do you feel about that?

I know it is very sad that Jay is leaving us. He is a wonderful co-star and a big prankster. It is fun to work with him. I will miss him.

So how will the story unfold now?

Unfortunately, Neev will be killed. I can not reveal much as I do not know enough myself.

How is it working with the other co-stars?

We have great fun on the sets. Sanjeeda is a sweetheart, though in the soap we are always competing or trying to outsmart each other.

Shabbir is a big prankster. All of us, including the other cast and crew, do a lot of masti while shooting.

Source- http://www.rediff.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PourQuoi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh my god.....................Neev dies? 😕 😡
reva_roy thumbnail

thnx for d article 😃😊

so Neev will be killed ............. that s soo sad 😭😭

Shabbir is a big prankster.. ........... hmmmmmmmmmm😆

kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the article dear....awww...so poor Neev will be killed...god....I hope his exit is with a bang....like dying to save Michi's life or such..
wande thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
😭 [:^(we knew it that Neev was going to kill but why 😭 😭why can't they just let him go like leaving without been killed off?😭
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Its sad that Neev will be killed 😔 but still I am happy cause then no one else will replace Jay as Neev I can only imagine Jay as Neev !
tweety_me14 thumbnail
Neev 😭

We all know that Shabbir is a prankster- Panchi say something else na...Please..! 😆
Bee-dz thumbnail
thanks for sharing... some rare pics in there..

no one else can play neev's role like jay did!!thanks for the article. 😊 .tht stupid WWW will be responsible for his death,i think. 😡
reva_roy thumbnail

Originally posted by: LUV_shabboo

no one else can play neev's role like jay did!!thanks for the article. 😊 .tht stupid WWW will be responsible for his death,i think. 😡

yeh WWW kaun hai 😕😕