Mona reveals it all!-Article

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Mona reveals it all..........!!!!!!!!!

Mona Singh 
Remember the time when a 'makeover' wave gripped Mumbai?

Those were the days when Jassi from the TV serial Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was turning from a geek to a beauty. There were reams on how people in Mumbai, women in particular, were going in for a change of image.

Soon there were reports of how Jassi, our very own Mona Singh, would be hosting a reality show on makeovers. Of course that took a long time to take shape. But finally now it has and even if there is no major hoopla surrounding it, Mona is glad. "What makes me happy is that in this show we are helping people treat their deformities. It is not about the cosmetic changes, but about making them look normal. And I was told the show is picking up in terms of TRPs," she says.

After Jassi.., Mona has only anchored and participated in reality shows (she even won Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa).
She has not acted in a serial. But it's by choice, she says. "I do not want to do the regular saas bahu soaps. Jassi was different and refreshing. I want something like that, a role as refreshing."

But considering that's the order of the day, isn't it a risk she's taking by saying a no to family dramas? "Not really. Even now I keep getting offers. So I'm sure the minute I'm ready to do a daily soap I will have offers," says the bubbly actress, who's recently lost a lot weight too.

Movies are definitely on her mind and she wants to make no wrong choices here. "I've got some good scripts. Let's see. Movies is unknown territory, I want to be very careful and make the right decision. I'm not a star kid who'll get a second chance!" she smiles.

cheers
resh