Gopika weds Ajilesh

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago
Wedding bells for Gopika

Gopika the girl with next-door-image who was introduced to Tamil cinema by Cheran in his classic Autograph, is calling it a day, as she got engaged on May 22 at a simple function!

Yes, it looks like this girl from Ollur near Trichur in Kerala is bidding adieu to cinema as she is tying the knot with Dr Ajilesh, settled in London. The wedding is to take place on July 17 at Kothamangalam in Kerala.

Gopika has done films in Tamil and Malayalam and won over the audiences with her performance. Whenever a role that has a nice homely bubbly girl is written, she has been the first choice among directors.

Her last release in Tamil was Vellithirai and she has completed two Malayalam films Veruthe Oru Bharya with Jayaram and Twenty Twenty.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Jas ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wish Gopika a happy married life...I never was a fan of her..but liked her in autograph ๐Ÿ˜‰
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i am no fan of hers either...i liked her in emtan magan more...
thank you jasmine
jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Jasmine.
Homely and bubbly is a good description. She appeared often on suntv interviews and looked nonchalant.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thnx, Jasmine๐Ÿ˜Š.I read abt it in a Mal magazine too I've never really liked her much, except in the recent Annan Thambi. She definitley matured into good actress as time flew by;I remember how she came with all the freckles and black heads in her 1st movie     ๐Ÿ˜• Edited by ditty - 15 years ago
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

congrats to gopika! wish her a happy married life ahead! i personally never liked her, in any of her films.๐Ÿ˜‰

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Guys, can anyone post a pic of her future husband, if any of you got it plsss?? thanks naa
Dits thumbnail
Here u go, nets

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Gopika_to_be_married_on_July_17_17005.html

U won't believe this, nets, when u first asked for the pics, I found one in a Mal magazine and particulary kep the mag safely to scan it and give it to u......and thn I completely forgot abt it as tis topic moved to the back pages......I still hv that mag in my table, do u still ant the pic?The guy doesn't luk any diff, except tht he's wearing bermudas in the mag pic!๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by ditty - 15 years ago
pokkiri26 thumbnail
Happily married Gopika's lone regret
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 18, 2008]

Gopika, a heartthrob of South Indian films was married off to Dr Ajilesh, yesterday in a ceremony noted for its simplicity. The wedding was held at Kothamanagalam. The actress was immensely successful with her 25 films that she has been part of in a career that lasted six years.

She is one actress who rightly understood her talents and limitations and is noted for her dedication and uncomplicated personality, be it in Tamil, Telugu or Malayalam.

She was lucky to have a string of hits in all four South Indian languages like,'Four The People', 'Chandupottu', 'Mayavi', 'Annan Thampi', 'Pothen Vava', 'Naa Autograph', 'Yuvasena', 'Keerthi Chakra', 'Em Magan', 'Autograph', 'Vesham', 'Veerappu', 'Thotti Jaya' and 'Vellithirai'. Whenever a character was based on a nice, homely and bubbly girl Gopika has been the first choice among filmmakers for the last couple of years.

Gopika's yet to be released movies include, Jayaram's 'Veruthe Oru Bharya', AMMA's 'Twenty Twenty' and the dubbed movie 'Rajamudra'.

If you ask her to name one film that she would have loved to work with, she explains that she had never been ambitious to become a big star, and was always happy with what she was.

But then she had one regret. Without hesitation she pointed out that she was the first choice to work in Shankar's first production venture 'Kaadhal' directed by Balaji Sakthivel. But then she had problems allotting dates to the 'Kaadhal' team because she had already committed them to others. She had no choice but to refuse.

Says Gopika, 'I knew instantly when I read the script that it was going to be a sensational hit. The script was wonderful. Except that, I have no other regrets, in my film career'.

She however don't have any fixed plans on retirement from films, but says she will stick to her husband's decision whether to make a come back to  the industry, after some time. But for the time being, she will fly off to Ireland and make a home for her husband.

They look really cute together all the best folks๐Ÿฅฐ