sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Subhash K Jha

Vidya Balan

Vidya Balan's laughter has never suggested more happiness. "I must say I'm very content in the space I'm occupying right now," she says, indulging in some frank-speak. With a mysterious smile, Vidya suggests she is no longer blissfully single and is enjoying it. Vidya says, "The other evening I went to watch Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak perform Dear Liar at Prithvi theatre." On being asked who accompanied her, she chuckles, "Ah, it was friend whose name begins with 'S'. I'm not saying any more than that!"

We haven't so far spoken directly about Vidya's new close friend Shahid Kapur. She surprises us by being overtly forthright about it! She says, "I don't deny that Shahid is a very close friend. For the first time, I've worked with a co-star who's actually closer to me by way of age, experience and temperament. We were together for two months in Toronto shooting Aziz Mirza's Kismat Connection and we really got along well. I found him very calm and intelligent. I think we're alike in many ways. I really enjoyed working with him. And I would love to do more films with him."

She adds, "I'm amazed by the range of men I've been linked with. From Pradeep Sarkar we went to Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and now Shahid. I seem to have been going down the generations until I've finally come to a guy who's my age," she says.

Shahid Kapur

She says Kismat Connection has turned out really special." I've watched Aziz Mirza saab's films like Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Yes Boss and Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani starring Shah Rukh and Juhi Chawla. The lucidity of their romance has been captured in Kismat Connection. A moment of great pride for me was when Aziz saab called up to say, 'Bachcha, tumne achha kaam kiya hai!"

The other evening I went to watch Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak perform Dear Liar at Prithvi theatre." On being asked who accompanied her, she chuckles, "Ah, it was friend whose name begins with 'S'" - Vidya Balan

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=30&contentid=20080518200805180359478452175f5f0

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it is more of a publicity stunt.

See Ranbir-Sonam, KAreen-Saif Abhi-Rani so many has done it.

Why sudeenly Vidya will come out wiht the name ans call it "someone starting wiht S".

But I love Shahid with any one of these girls rather than KAreena - Vidya and SAnia.

Just that Vidya is 30 while shahid is 25 makes me little apprehensive about this relationship. But they look great togather and I am looking forward to watch their movies.
sonam_s thumbnail
Vidya is 30?????

Are you sure you got it right?
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes she just celebrated her birthday.

And it was so surprising for me the same way when I learned Mallika Sherawat was 36 years.

And it iwas on Aaj Tak.
sonam_s thumbnail
I knew that Mallika was 30 plus but Vidya 30!!!

Thats shocking. Is it a pattern for both Kareena and Shahid to find different partners who are much older than them?

First Saif and now Vidya. Vidya and Shahid make a very unusual couple.
Akhansha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vidya is not 30 i think so.She said in simi garewals interview in 2006( or 2005 not sure) that she is 24.Dont know if she is lying so dont go behind with her age.πŸ˜ƒ
And she just told she went to theatre with someone that dosent mean she is dating.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Yes Vidya is 30.......She was around 22-23 when hum paanch(part1) started....She was the 1st radhika in hum paanch.....And that show is almost 8 years old 😊 ....It came in her interview that she is 30....And ya i was quite shocked to hear that !!
abhikidiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks a lot for article
I think it's kind of funny πŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Doesnt vidya aknowledge here that she started to get to know shahid during toronto? And there was an article that came out a while back taht said that she was the reason of hte split. And I also remember BEFORE that article an anonymous member put up the exact same version of the story through his/her words on this very forum. Coupled with the fact taht she avoids kareena at the awards. Was vidya the true cause of htat controvertial split?
I dunno, now i'm getting these ideas...
IF I find out that Shahid was indeed having an affair with Vidya, and THAT is what pushed kareena to saif or that he dumped her, then I'm sorry, but he'll turn out to be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. While she was painted the villain, he laid low and just said once or twice, "one person is not to be blamed" but hten he'd give out all these interviews that would just attract sympathy.
That is a major IF. IF this all started in Toronto like so many ppl saw. I'll feel very bad for kareena.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: desigal90

Doesnt vidya aknowledge here that she started to get to know shahid during toronto? And there was an article that came out a while back taht said that she was the reason of hte split. And I also remember BEFORE that article an anonymous member put up the exact same version of the story through his/her words on this very forum. Coupled with the fact taht she avoids kareena at the awards. Was vidya the true cause of htat controvertial split?
I dunno, now i'm getting these ideas...
IF I find out that Shahid was indeed having an affair with Vidya, and THAT is what pushed kareena to saif or that he dumped her, then I'm sorry, but he'll turn out to be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. While she was painted the villain, he laid low and just said once or twice, "one person is not to be blamed" but hten he'd give out all these interviews that would just attract sympathy.
That is a major IF. IF this all started in Toronto like so many ppl saw. I'll feel very bad for kareena.

As IF we are actually gonna find out anythingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†,......Forget it man.......They were not destined to BE........And they have both moved on........So no need to pity any of them..........Twas their FATE...