TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Tit for tat

Amitabh Bachchan has answered Shatrughan Sinha's allegations about the former being involved in fixing awards
type=text/javascript> addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'saatchigallery'; src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/addthis_widget.php?v=12" type=text/javascript>

Bharati Dubey

Amitabh Bachchan and Shatrughan Sinha are at loggerheads once again. This time the reason seems a little more personal. Bachchan who has taken his job as a blogger very seriously has posted a sharp comment on his website. The legendary actor has reacted to a comment made by Shatrughan Sinha over the nominations of a forthcoming award ceremony, which Bachchan endorses. Sinha had reportedly stated that the award does not really have any credibility and it was alright that Taare Zameen Par was not nominated.

Bachchan writes: "I read a comment from my colleague and friend and neighbour, Shatrughan Sinha. It reportedly quoted his reactions to the nomination list of the awards, wherein he has purportedly stated that 'Sab kissika beta hai, ya kissiki bahu, ya kissiki biwi' , and the media adding their interpretation to it by stating that Sinha's comment was directed to a particular family of the Guru fame."

Bachchan adds: "I believe what is being insinuated is that there is partiality or some 'fixing' in the choice of the nominations carried by the awards committee. And as the report concluded, the indication was towards one family, not difficult to guess which one."

Bachchan goes on to write, "I am surprised at this observation, especially since, during the time of the National Award selection for Best Actress in one of the past years, when the award went to Raveena Tandon, it was alleged that Mr Shatrughan Sinha's wife, the lovely and graceful Poonam, a great friend of Raveena's mother had recommended the appointment of MacMohan, the brother of Raveena's mother, on the board of the Jury ( Structured by the Government in power - in this case the BJP, of which Mr Sinha was a Minister of State ) in order that he may cast his vote in favour of Raveena Tandon. If this alleged story is true then I do value Mr Shatrughan Sinha's alleged statement of "Sab kissika beta, kissiki beti, kissiki biwi" - You are so right, Shatru !!"

"Of course this does not take anything away from Raveena's very deserving Award - she has been a wonderful and talented co-artiste in many films of mine, or, MacMohan, the Sambha of Sholay, who has remained a dear friend and has worked with me in several films. As has Mr Shatrughan Sinha!!"

Getting a little more personal with Sinha, Bachchan also writes: "I have seen some very encouraging reports of the film, where your son is being introduced in this great Industry. May he prosper and succeed even more than his illustrious father and may he never have to face a slighted accusation of 'fixing', when his name comes up for an award in the future!!"

Not to be left behind, Shatrughan Sinha reacts to Amitabh Bachchan's allegation and says, "Anger seems to have taken over the maturity of an actor like Amitabh Bachchan and that is probably the reason he has overreacted to my statement with regards to Taare Zameen Par. If I recall I have not taken any names and there are a number of film families in this industry. I really don't know why he thinks it is his family I am talking about."

When told that Bachchan has stated that Raveena Tandon got the award only because Sinha's wife is a good friend of the actress, Sinha says, "That is exactly the point I am trying to drive home. But having said that there is one point I really would want to make here. I agree my hand was there in the award, but it was not like Mulayam's feet, which was there in every award the Uttar Pradesh government has bestowed only on one family. And one can easily guess which family I am talking about."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg what happen to these oldies .............. 😆
srkangel thumbnail
well if u ask me all the awards are rigged except for those that srk gets 😳

Shatrughan Sinha always took potshots at Mr. Bachchan. So this time is no different. Even Rajesh Khanna used to but these days no one writes about him.

Having said that Mr. Bachchan should have ignored it because most times such barbs are made to get attention and by ignoring they wouldn't succeed in that.

Well! all of us knew that Raveena and Anil Kapoor didn't deserve National Awards then and it were fixed.