SS:RK HS prt17pg30 7/21

jnawaz thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hey guys...this is a short story that ended up longer than i though it would so lucky u and not me ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†...guli gave this as a task for me being guru of the week so here is the first installment...will post other parts later ðŸ˜ƒ

hope you like it, and please do leave comments

i gave english translations for the hindi lines...easier for some i hope 😃

Links to my other  FF's: 😃
1. Kanya's Loss - https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=938063&T PN
2. Ek Paal - https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=944496&T PN
3. Sau Dard - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/918074

Prt1-pg1
Prt2-pg2
Prt3-pg3
Prt4-pg5
Prt5-pg6
Prt6-pg8
Prt7-pg10
Prt8-pg11
Prt9-pg13
Prt10-pg15
Prt11-pg17
Prt12-pg20
Prt13-pg21
Prt14-pg24
Prt15-pg26
Prt16-pg28
Prt17-pg30

Part 1

The story starts from when Ranbir and Kanya are in room after the guys come back from dinner, or pani puri trip'lol'

Chunnu has just asked Kanya to come and play cards with the gang. Kanya is about to go when Ranbir stops her.

R- Tum kahaan chali? (Where are you going?)

K- Behre ho kya? Sunna nahin, Chunnu ne bulaya cards khelne ke liyeh. (Are you deaf? Didnt you hear, Chunnu called me to play cards)

R- Sunna maine, lekin tum nahin jaaoge. (I heard, but you are not going.)

K- Tum hote kaun ho mujhe rokhne wale? (Who are you to stop me?)

Kanya turns to walk away but is suddenly stopped because Ranbir grabs her arm and swings her around so that she nearly hits his chest. Both of Ranbir's hands are holding onto Kanya's arms.

R- Main kaun hoon, main kaun hoon? Tum shayad bhul gaye ho, lekin mujhe abhi tak yaad hai ke main tumhara paati hoon! (Who am I, who am I? Maybe you have forgotten but i still remember that I am your husband.)

K- Main kaise bhul sakti hoon? Tum itne bade saand ho, din bhaar mere akhoon ke samne rehte ho, oh God! Thodi der ke liyeh aagar bhul bhi jaaun, toh tum kahin na kahin se tapak padti ho. (How can I forget? You are such a big 'saand', you are in front of my eyes all day! Oh God! Even if I forget for a while you land up in front of me from somewhere.)

Ranbir didn't know why but those words really hurt him. Why was he feeling jealous towards Kanya's and Chunnu's relationship? Why did it hurt him to see them laughing and having a good time together? Why did it kill him when she gave Chunnu one of her innocent smiles, but it disappeared when she saw him? Ranbir let go of Kanya's arms and took a few steps back.

R- Jaao, joh jee mein aaye karo'main kuch nahin kahunga. (Go, do what you want...I wont say anything.)

Ranbir turned around and faced the window. Kanya left in a huff still angry and slammed the door shut, not too loud so that everyone else would wake up, but loud enough to let Ranbir know that she was mad. Once she had gone, Ranbir turned around and stared at the closed, hoping against hope that maybe she would come back; but she didn't. Having nothing else to do, Ranbir turned off the light and went to bed, although sleep did not come easily.

The next morning Ranbir was one of the first ones up, the only one up before him was Pammi.

P- Aare jamai raja, aaj aap jaldi utt gaye. (Jamai Raja, you are up early.)

R- Haan, woh office mein bohot kaam hai. (Yes, there is a lot of pending work at the office.)

P- Oh, aap jaldi se naha kar aa jayieh main aapko breakfast deti hoon. (Oh, why dont you shower and come, in the mean time I'll get your breakfast ready.)

R- Ji. (Yes)

When Ranbir came back after his shower, he was dressed in a tan suit and black shirt, his hair pulled back. Sitting at the table he saw that Harpal, Pooja and Anand were also at the table. Soon they were joined by Suhaas, Adita and Pammi who came out of the kitchen with plates of hot paratas and other breakfast items.

P- Yeh lijiyeh jamai raja'garma garam parathe. (Here you go Jamai Raja, hot of the stove paratas.)

R- Wah, bohot aacha smell hai! Thoda sa makhan milega? (Wow, they smell great! Can I get some butter?)

Pooja- Ranbir'tum makhan mang rahe ho. (Ranbir, you are asking for butter.)

R- Haan kyun? (Yeah, why?)

S- Woh, tum toh khabi makhan nahin khate the. (It's just that you never used to eat butter.)

R- Aare woh tab ki baath hai, aabhi toh Pammi the Mummy ke hatoon ke parathe ke saath saath toh makhan hona hi chahiyeh. (That was then, this is now. You have to have butter to eat Pammi the Mummy hand made parathas.)

Everyone was awed at the fact that this was the same Ranbir Nanda who refused to let middle class people touch him, he was not happily eating paratas made my his mother-in-law. Ranbir had taken a few mouthfuls and complemented Pammi's cooking skills in the process. A movement at the main door caught his attention; as he looked up, he saw Kanya come in holding onto Chunnu's arm and laughing. Suddenly his appetite was gone. He quietly put his napkin down and pushed his plate away.

Adita- Kya hua Ranbir? Aur nahin khaana? (What happened Ranbir? You don't ant to eat anymore?)

R- Nahin, woh'(looking at CK) mera khaane ka maan nahin hai. Main chalta hoon. (No umm...I've lost my appetite. I'll take your leave.)

P- Aapna khayal rakhna jamai raja. (Take care of yourself.)

R- Ji, bye Pammi the Mummy, good bye every body. (Bye)

Ranbir noticed that Kanya looked at him but for only a split second and then turned her attention to Chunnu again. Chunnu told Kanya that they should eat breakfast now and headed to the dining table. Kanya got up a few seconds later, but much to her embarrassment her foot got caught under the rug and she tripped. She thought that she was going to fall flat on her face for sure, but she didn't, instead she felt a strong pair of arms around her. She smiled thinking that it was her Chunnu to her rescue. She was shocked when her eyes met with Ranbir's. She quickly got to her feet, utterly embarrassed as her family made stupid noises from the table.

K- Woh'thank you. (she said as she played with her dupatta)

R- Don't mention it.

Kanya stood shocked at the fact that Ranbir didn't say anything else to her. Ranbir wasn't the kind to let an opportunity pass to make fun of her. This time she had fallen into his lap, literally, and yet he said nothing. She was expecting something like 'watch where you are walking' or 'are you blind''something'anything'anything but 'don't mention it'.

JAZ

Edited by jnawaz - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
great start..please continue soon
suganain thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wonderful, wonderful... Dumb girl doesn't now "my rannu" is so nice.
tehseen thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
aww so nice plz continue great start but i still hate kanya 😡
simran1285 thumbnail
awww what a cliffhanger...write more please, after the bakwas episodes it's the FF that keep me going and this is really good 😃
darkstark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this waz realli gud yo i wish dis had really happened buh unforunately it dint. buh i rally luved it. u should continue!!!

nayela
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
go on!!!!!!! (loved it, only if you continue today)
KC294 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
yay... jazzy finally 😆 ... i loved it continue soon pls...
*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
haila!!

aww jaani!!

u rock!!

plz cont soon!
dilkeroshni thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
that was awesome jazzy... i can't wait to read more... ranbir a new man.. only for her and shes the only one who doesn't realize it 😭