Javed Akhtar clears the air

Nisu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Javed Akhtar clears the air

Our so-called feud has been blown out of proportion. Ila Arun got upset because Shamit Tyagi, one of the contestants on Fame Gurukul, was voted out. But judges aren't responsible for a contestant being ousted! Shamit was voted out by his fellow contestants. Ila's anger should've been directed at Shamit's colleagues, not at the judges. Yes, I quite understand her being disappointed on Shamit's behalf since he sings very well. And yes, it was unfortunate that this happened. But at the same time you can't admonish people for voting for or against a contestant as they have been given the right to do so. If the arrangement doesn't suit you then please take away that right from viewers. Don't take it out on the judges…I've known Ila for years through her Shabana-Shyam Benegal connection. We share a very warm relationship. Her only daughter, Ishitaa, who got married recently, is an ardent fan of my poetry. One of the walls in her house is filled with my poetry. Having said this, I must admit that as judges on Fame Gurukul, we conduct ourselves with a lot of dignity. Bilkul baddtameezi nahin hoti hai( We are very courteous to all). I guess the occasional arguments, differences of opinion and opposing viewpoints do add to the excitement. But all this should be done within the realm of civility….

I must admit that Fame Gurukul will give the Hindi film industry some good singers who'll definitely be absorbed in playback singing. We have a couple of very talented singers. This platform will definitely give them a headstart… Where do I find the time to do TV? Arrey kahaan! On the contrary I feel I should do much more work… Recording for Fame Gurukul takes just one and a half days- Thursdays and Monday evenings…. And the money paid to the judges is very good. Why else would anyone want to give the show so much time and attention? As a matter of fact television has become very lucrative these days."

Javed Akhtar was speaking to Subhash K Jha

source:  mumbaimirror.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*dolly* thumbnail
wow, thanks for sharing this.
nehu98 thumbnail
I didn't know that they record FG only on 2 days? I guess on monday they record Ranbhoomi round and thursday they record gala round?
aditigill thumbnail
there are better singers in saregamapa, i guess the kind of songs , the sur they have, i dont think most of the ppl in FG can come even close to!!!!
fatik87 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditigill

there are better singers in saregamapa, i guess the kind of songs , the sur they have, i dont think most of the ppl in FG can come even close to!!!!

yep i agree

rimpy thumbnail

ya very true.........i totally agree

mohhusain thumbnail
if u think that there are better singer in saragama then watch saragama not fame gurukul