Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

musickimasti thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Sad but i guess it is just a scripted episode.

Oh well if it is true then Aneek Dhar can always take place. πŸ˜†   πŸ‘

Raghuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I feel it is just a promo and may be the words are not meant for Raja or may be something else is said after these comments.TV Channels use controversial comments in promos to attract more viewership.

Moreover Raja has already playbacked for Shankar Ehsaan Loy,Vishal Shekhar and for a Nikhil Advani movie starring Akshay Kumar all of whom are big banners in the Indian Movie industry.

For whomsoever Javed Akhtar has commented is this the way to treat a budding singer.Is not that harsh and may be somebody's career as a singer is ruined even before it has picked up.

You have got the chair to judge that does not mean that you can humiliate anybody.You have to encourage new talents in a nice way.

Anyways Raja Hasan has done well on the show.Just a hint for all members.

Edited by Raghuraj - 16 years ago
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

* double post *

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 16 years ago
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
I don't think we should jump to conclusions before actually watching the show. The channels want people to be shocked by the promos and watch the shows, so they edit the comments in a way that makes them dramatic. There's a good chance that there was something Javed sahib said before or after those words that completely changes the meaning.
miggie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
javed is losing it, its not up to javed to decide who can do playback, just forget him, he likes to do that to singers, he did the same thing to emon on indian idol 3Edited by miggie - 16 years ago
baba7 thumbnail
I feel Javed Akhatar has nothing to do with Raja. He has main problem with Vishal-Shekhar as in Om Shanti Om Shekhar didn't satisfied or justified with Aankho Main Teri Songs lyrics which he ended up doing himself which actaully become more popular with it's lyrics. Raja was with VS in Saregama and doing plackback for them too. To me Javed Akhatar is very arrogant person and doesn't like to get beat by new lyrics writer such as Prasoon Joshi and others who are far more better than him at present.
coolnitin2 thumbnail
well the reality is that he has dont lot of songs as play back.
SuhanaSafar thumbnail

Originally posted by: baba7

I feel Javed Akhatar has nothing to do with Raja. He has main problem with Vishal-Shekhar as in Om Shanti Om Shekhar didn't satisfied or justified with Aankho Main Teri Songs lyrics which he ended up doing himself which actaully become more popular with it's lyrics. Raja was with VS in Saregama and doing plackback for them too. To me Javed Akhatar is very arrogant person and doesn't like to get beat by new lyrics writer such as Prasoon Joshi and others who are far more better than him at present.

I completely disagree with everything in this post.  I admit that I might be a bit biased because I'm a huge fan of Javed Akhtar, but I believe my reasoning is more accurate. 

1) There was no conflict between Vishal Dadlani and Javed Akhtar over the lyrics of Ajab Si.  Only ONE article has ever come out suggesting a conflict (from musicindiaonline), and in the very same article, Vishal completely denies that it's true.  This is what he had to say about it: "Javedsaab was so kind to let me do the song and I don't think he is unhappy or has any complaints. We share a cordial and he has not said anything to me. I have no idea why he did not come to the event, or if he is unhappy about it. As far as we are concerned, there is no problem at all."  And besides, if there problems between them, why would they immediately decide to work together again in Bhootnath?  Om Shanti Om's music released in September of last year and the recording of the Bhootnath soundtrack didn't begin until this year, so if there really was a problem, I'm sure both parties had plenty of time back out.  Also, I'm sure we would have seen more articles about the conflict if it really were true. 

2) Javed Akhtar is NOT jealous of new lyricists.  He has always encouraged new talent even in his own field.  I read an article last year (I believe it was shortly after Fanaa's release) in which Javed Akhtar was requested to give his opinions about new lyricists like Prasoon Joshi and Sayeed Quadri.  He praised them all and said that they all bring a fresh perspective with their lyrics.  I clearly remember that he complimented Prasoon Joshi a lot.  He said he has read some of Prasoon Joshi's poetry (that wasn't written for films) and he thinks that as a true poet, he has a great future in Bollywood.  There was also a music review for Taare Zameen Par on IndiaFM that was written by Javed Akhtar.  He praised Prasoon Joshi in there too and said that he was impressed with how true to the theme the lyrics were.  Does that sound like a jealous person?

3) Prasoon Joshi and others are "far more better" than Javed Akhtar?  Are you kidding me?  I like Prasoon Joshi's style and I think he has done a wonderful job in TZP.  I also think that he totally deserved the award both last year and the year before, but I don't think he should be compared to Javed Akhtar.  At best, I can say that he's an emerging talent who has the potential to go a long way, but he's certainly not better.  They both have their own style in which they are excellent and there's no reason to make a comparison to be honest.  Some will like JA's style better and some will like PJ's style better.  I have my doubts whether JA would have been able to bring the abstract quality that PJ did to the TZP soundtrack, but I also don't think PJ could have done justice to the magnificence of a song like "Azeem-o-Shaan Shehenshah."  Yes, it's true that Javed Akhtar has competition, but he hasn't been replaced from the # 1 position quite yet.

One thing I will admit to is that he was a little too harsh to Emon during Indian Idol last year.  But even that was blown out of proportion. He has upset that there would be no girls left in the competition if Ankita was eliminated and he was unhappy with Anu Malik's pushy behavior, so he said some things out of anger.  I did feel bad for Emon at the time, but I can't lose my respect for Javed Akhtar just based on one statement.  He is an asset to the music industry and has always been quite just and level-headed while judging.  One opinionated outburst doesn't change that.

Sorry for the super long post…I just don't want my idol to be misrepresented.

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 16 years ago
thats not trure... πŸ˜• he is such a good singer and also my fav.. πŸ˜•
sweats thumbnail
dispite being a fan of javed ji, he has said many harsh things and i odn think raja shold take it