Vampire sighting in England!

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I read this at Forteana Times. Creepy story.

'Vampire' on the prowl
By Elizabeth Reeve
A SNARLING 'vampire' repeatedly tried to bite the neck of his victim during a sinister attack in Bishop's Stortford.

Like a scene from a horror movie, the assailant - dubbed Dracula by neighbours - leaped out of the darkness.

[News - Dracula]
MOVIE MENACE: Residents have dubbed the attacker Dracula
His victim, a 43-year-old man, was attacked as he put out rubbish at his home in Sandle Road, Hockerill, last Wednesday at 9.50pm.

The fiend grabbed him and tried to bite his neck. The pair wrestled for some time before the victim managed to fight him off.

He called police and later alerted neighbours to the bizarre incident.

"They're nicknaming the attacker Dracula," said one, who had heard that three women had been set upon in the Hockerill area. "He gropes them and bites their necks."

Another said of the attack: "The guy jumped out of nowhere, hissing and snarling, and attempted to bite his neck several times.

"The victim felt the guy was acting out a Dracula character.

"The next evening the victim posted notes through doors explaining what had happened.

"He said he didn't want to cause any worry but did want to tell people so we could be vigilant.

"I've heard rumours that there have been other attacks - several on men and one on a woman."

Sandle Road is a quiet, private street. "We've only got one street light so it's quite dark here at night," said the female neighbour.

"I've always felt quite safe because you can hear any noise on the gravel road surface. This has made me more vigilant.

"I make sure my windows are closed and I've started carrying a panic alarm now."

She thought the attacker might be on drugs or have mental health issues.

Another resident said: "It's freaky - you don't expect it to happen on your doorstep."

The attacker was about 6ft (1.83m) tall and wore a beige combat jacket, jeans and trainers.
One woman believes she may have spotted him earlier in the day.

Herts police are investigating. A spokesman said: "We have only been told about this one assault. We are not linking it to anything else."

Witnesses or anyone with information can contact police on 0845 3300 222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
😳

😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shijhu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
oopssss how scaryyyyyyyyyyy
samz-14 thumbnail