Lubna Salim and Harsh Chaaya to do a play

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Lubna Salim and Harsh to do a play

Lubna Salim who is seen on Baa Bahoo Aur Baby is all set to do a play based on her father Javed Siddique's novel titled Shyamrang along with actor Harsh Chayya.

The event will be inaugurated by veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah. Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar are expected to grace the occasion. The songs are written by Gulzar.

Talking about the novel Lubna says, "Shyamrang is about the last meeting of Radha and Lord Krishna. It is an illusionary meeting. Radha who devoted her whole life to Lord Krishna did not meet him for 40 years and the book explores and exposes the situation where Radha and Lord Krishna meet after 40 years."

Talking about her character Lubna says, "I am playing Radha and the role of Shyam will be essayed by Harsh Chayya. The other artists are Neelu Dogra playing Rukmini, Anangsha Sengupta playing Satyabhama and Rajiv Kumar who will play Arjun."

Lubna adds, "We will be enacting three crucial excerpts from the book. The play will be coordinated with a kathak performance by the Kalash Ray group."

The director and designer of the play is theatre director Salim Arif and it is produced by Essay Communication.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinstripedshirt thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i attended this event yesterday.. it was phenomenal!!!!! It just couldnt get better.. i was completely speechless. The book is going to be a grand grand success, so is the play. All my best wishes to Shyam Rang and Essay Communications.

ps- the performances were divine.
Edited by pinstripedshirt - 16 years ago