Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Mallika used to flirt wid KK:Sanjay Chhel

Ride_It thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Mallika used to flirt with KK: Sanjay Chhel

'Man Gaye Mughal-E-Azam' is one much awaited movie of 2008. it has every ingredient of tickling funny bones of the audiences.

We recently caught man behind the movie, director, Sanjay Chhel in between his busy schedule.

First of all tell us about Man Gaye Mughal-e-aazam?
It's very contemporary comedy. It has Paresh, Mallika, KK and Rahul Bose, Pawan Malhotra, Zakir Hussain and Tannaz Currim. I am the director, lyricist and script writer of this film.

Anu Malik has given the music in this film. K.K. is doing full comedy first time.I am very happy the way film has taken shape. But it's not like 'golmaal' or 'partner'.

Is the film completed?
Almost completed. Shooting is completed in very short span of time. Most of the film is shot in Mumbai and some part is being shot in Pondicherry. This film will be release in the month of May and April.

Why name 'man gaye mughal–e-azam'?
When you will see the film you will come to know. I would like to say that it's not a spoof of legend mughal e aazam. But it has a strong reference of mughal–e-azam.

Any funny incident which you would like to share with us?
Lot of things. Mallika is very funny on the sets. Both Mallika and Paresh always make fun of Rahul by pulling his leg.

And especially she has very special way of saying 'salaam' like Anaarkali when she comes on the sets. All these things are very funny.

Is this full on comedy?
Yes it is total comedy. But it has a social relevance. I can say that it is on the lines of 'jaane bhi do yaaro'.

Is it true that Mallika give weird expression to K.K?
Yes, infact, Mallika use to make him nervous by flirting with him. K.K as it is very serious guy, so whenever she used to flirt he turned black red.

You are also directing 'fauj mein mauj', tell us about that?
I am offered to direct and I am considering that. Talks are on. I am still reading the script. Actually Mallika is keen that I should direct that film.

You have given a get up of Madhubala ji to Mallika in Man Gaye Mughal-e-Azam?
Yes in one section we have given her the get up of the diva. She is dressed like Anarkali in one song of the film. I don't want to say much. You will have to see the film.

This is second film of Rahul and Mallika after 'pyar ke side effects', so how is their chemistry in this film?
Fantastic chemistry they share. Mallika is very smart actress and full of life and Rahul is methodical and from different kind of cinema.

The two has very opposite kind of tendency which makes it interesting to watch.

Isn't it quite difficult for you to handle all the stuff like directing, scripting, lyrics and all?
On the contrary, it keeps me more engaged in film making. Everything becomes in my creative arena.

I enjoy it. I have this thinking that who writes the script almost directs the film in his mind. Same can be said for lyrics.

Is Paresh ji on casual comedy role?
Paresh ji has multiple characters in this film so unlike other roles. I think this is one of the best films of his till now. - Sakshi Tiwari.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heaven002x thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i think its already posted!