Twin plight cruel beyond belief??

Posted: 16 years ago

TWINS who unwittingly got married after they were separated at birth were victims of a quirk of fate "cruel beyond belief," it emerged last night.

The smitten brother and sister β€” adopted by different families β€” discovered the shattering truth only after tying the knot.

Against all odds they had met and fallen for each other β€” neither even knowing they had a twin.

The horrified British couple faced the heartbreak of seeking to have their marriage annulled in the High Court after eventually finding out their love was forbidden.

A judge was forced to rule the union was NEVER valid in law.

Link to whole article:: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article677584.ece

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

1. Should life plan itself in accordance with societal norms ? How can such thing be prevented?
  2. What should they do? Fight law or Obey it?
  3. What if a baby was involved, then what would have society said? will the judge come up and take care of child ?
  4. Anything else you want to say😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just read the news (link you provided)..sad indeed. Will get back with POV's on the argueable discussion point raised.
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel bad for the siblings but a good decission i would say.

Gosh, what all is news !!! 😲
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anon

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

Should life plan itself in accordance with societal norms ? How can such thing be prevented?

I believe our life is planned, and what has to come our way, does. Nothing can prevent such things, Its God's will. should take it as , destined!

What should they do? Fight law or Obey it?

Ofcourse! They should obey the law.

What if a baby was involved, then what would have society said? will the judge come up and take care of child ?

I just can't think anymore 😳 I hope it never happens to anyone.

Anything else you want to say😳

I feel too bad for them, hope they can get over with this soon.

Yup indeed it is sad, and yes it sadly is unfair on them not being told they were a twin when growing up.

Btw Nisha News is News wherever it come from, actually i just used that link because it was simple for readers of alL ages to understand. Further it summed up the whole jist of the story extremely well compared to all the other News websites i read and the newspaper where initially i read the news from.

BBC opening >>> (Personally the Sun covers the atory better with a better opening summarizing the main story)

adopted by separate families as babies got married without knowing they were brother and sister, a peer told the House of Lords.
A court annulled the British couple's union after they discovered their true relationship, Lord Alton said.

Tabloid ya Broadsheet- News is News. Also that particular paper actually gets news first and you may think it is all gossip, but that is just stereotype as that same news is reported everywhere else as well.

Where you read the news in my opinion does not mean you are more intellect than someone else. Then again you never really agree with anything i say as wherever you go, you directly quote me and challenege views. So no more to be said 😊 Agree to disagree on this one.

Thanks for views everyone else.
Edited by anon - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: #1EijazFan

anon, i wasn't challenging you at all πŸ˜†
Just saying that without a doubt The Sun is known to be one of the most unrelaible papers.
Never disagreed with you on the fact that some newspapers like The Times etc may be hard to understand but all I meant to say is that The Sun is almost like a magazine and thats why they even had to reduce their prices recently by 50% cos no-one would buy it πŸ˜†
I'm sorry if you felt hurt but the fact that that paper has a page 3 is just woah! if the paper wants 2 gain some respect then I suggest they dont do that πŸ˜‰
come to think of it..i still remember when BB was on-about 10 pgs was dedicated to chanelle and ziggy..yhh very informtative
again sorry but even NOW when i visit the sun website-headlines are 'madeleines look alike', 'wanna know who ronaldo is dating' and 'missing me james?'
c'mon, i personally would h88 2 read the times etc with all the words that i dont understand πŸ˜† but u need 2 have a little bit of respect 4 the paper and when the paper themselves call themselves the best for 'sport and showbiz'..what more can i say?
and about the sun getting news first-hmm not too sure where you got that from πŸ˜• because as far as I know papers like londonpaper always quote saying 'according to the bbc' or according to the financial times etc..rarely ever seen according 2 the sun πŸ˜†

the point i was trying 2 get across that it doesnt have a reputation and i can understand why...and i never said you have to agree with me so 'feel free to disagree' πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

Yes i agree here, i do not like the newspaper myself because of these facts here. Page 3- yes extremely degrading, and i hate degrading shows like Big Brother with what they encourage- makes me sick. 😳

Yes i do not visit the website either or read it. Yes it has a rep for them kind of things but i do not care on that when i was simply posting the Debate topic 😳

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/
there's the website..just have a glance at the 1st page and truthfully tell me how much actually looks like NEWS and not just naked girls posing... πŸ˜•

Point 1- I do not read the newspaper

Point 2- I am not sad enough to go check the homepage of a website - I have no interest in what they promote-😳

Type of newspaper you read does not mean you are any more intellect then the next person.😳

Like i said before best summarised the issue. Heard on News issue - read articles online etc

Stick to the issue here please, Debate was on Plight of the twins, not newspaper Arguments.😳 So lets not deviate from this point.

But yes i agree it does not have a respectful rep as of pg3...but i came to post a topic with a wider debate on the twins - not debate on newspaper links😳

Edited by anon - 16 years ago
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/
there's the website..just have a glance at the 1st page and truthfully tell me how much actually looks like NEWS and not just naked girls posing... πŸ˜•

That is one bold newspaper πŸ˜† we don't have anything like this cos of Islamic laws, but I'm happy cos my kid who is 7 usually brings the paper in πŸ˜›

http://www.gulfnews.com/home/

The link for our clean paper... 😳

Well getting back to the topic it's a sad situation well they should lead separate lives, but it's not going to be easy for either of them. πŸ˜•
Well i guess cousins marrying. I guess cos of more distant genes. Mum and Dad produce x child. Mum and dad 2 produce y.

Only one of the Parents would be related say one mum and dad are bro/sis. nd other parents of each are not in the gene pool. I dunno, this is confusing. πŸ˜†

Yes hope twins find a way out, but emotional scars would be there forever - could have been worse if baby was involved here.

(Btw do check out UAE- Been there 3/4 times, awesome place 😳 lucky those who live there)
Morning_Dew thumbnail
Originally posted by: anon

Should life plan itself in accordance with societal norms ? How can such thing be prevented?

There are certain rules which need to be followed to maintain a society so yes . we need to follow social norms.

What should they do? Fight law or Obey it?

Obey it

What if a baby was involved, then what would have society said? will the judge come up and take care of child ?

That would have been a confused situation , however baby could be taken care in shared custody.

Anything else you want to say😳

This case is really an unfortunate one. I always feel that to know about biologcial parents is every child's right.  So even if a child was adopted or even if it was concieved out of egg/sperm donation Identity of biological parent should be available to child on an apropriate age.

I remember one case where brother and sister were living as couple and wanted to get married. I am kind of against any such situation , if we can't prevent such things , there there would be no relationship safe or pure.

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
they should me told the truth, and the marriage should be annuled and they should get some free ads to find their respective spouses...... 😊