BEACH BUM-Kamya Punjabi

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

BEACH BUM

Yet another horrifying tale of molestation on the New Year's eve

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, January 05, 2008

Vickey Lalwani

New Year's Eve sagas have not died down. Television actress Kamya Punjabi (Sindoora of Dulhann…) had a horrifying experience at the Bagga beach in Goa on the New Year's eve. A man in his late-20s tried to molest her by pinning her down on the beach but the actress managed to get away.

Our source from Goa tells us, "Kamya had a traumatic experience on the beach on the New Year's eve. It was simply disgusting. A man wanted to touch her and feel her for all the wrong reasons."

When contacted, Kamya was reluctant to talk about it. But when we insisted, she admitted that a man did try to molest her that day. "The guy touched my legs and tried to pull me down. I thank my stars that I escaped from that pervert," she says.

So what exactly happened? Kamya recalls that she was sitting with a group of friends in a food joint, Titos, but not enjoying herself. "So I requested my friend, Faisal to drop me at Mambos where my best friend Lata was hanging out. Faisal accompanied me to Mambos, but he left after some time. After a few minutes, Lata and I walked out from Mambos on to the Bagga beach."

Kamya continues, "Suddenly, a man in his mid-20s came said that he knew that I was a TV actress and he wanted to touch me. He held my hand and pulled me down."

Kamya didn't know what to do. The public around Kamya preferred to remain mere spectators. She further recounts, "I looked both ways, but no one came forward to help. Lata tried her best to be a tomboy but that didn't help much. The man was hell bent on pinning me down. I shudder to think that what would have happened if he had succeeded in pulling me down on the sand!

So how did she thwart his advances eventually? "I had no choice but to speak very sweetly to him and tell him to contact me in the hotel where I was staying. I couldn't afford to be rude to him. He was a local Goan and very aggressive."

Kamya did not file a police complaint.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20080105200801050228181256fac314a

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neela226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
what a perv. i feel so bad for her. no woman deserves this. i am happy she got away.
shijhu thumbnail
omggg such a eeks mentality thanx god kamya is safe
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMG thank God she is safe..
kkushi06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omgg tht is really disgusting🤢🤢tht man should be ashamed of himself😡😡i hate such people tht got know values or traditions😡😡atleast respect a woman's dignity😕i dont like saying this but i dont mind saying it 4 such people tht they should just go 2 hell or die😡and thank god kamya is alright😛😃 Edited by ballball - 16 years ago
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i read this in the bmtd section its just gross and there is no dignity in these people 🤢 they shud be beaten up so badly that they wont remember doing stuff like this 🤢 🤢