Episode 55 -2 Dec Ind/21 Dec US

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Click on the following link to watch the video posted by Magnificent: -
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/801885

Brief Update
  • Jatayu's elder brother Sampati tells monkeys that Ravan kidnapped Sita and took her to Lanka.
  • On Jambvan's encouragement, Hanuman decides to cross the sea and go to Lanka.
  • On the way, Sursa stops Hanuman. Hanuman assumes small size, enters Sursa's mouth and hits her with his weapon. Unable to bear the pain, Sursa opens her mouth. Hanuman comes out of her mouth and continues his journey.
  • On the gate of Lanka, Lankini stops Hanuman. Hanuman defeats Lankini and goes inside.
  • Hanuman meets Sita, gives his introduction and assures her that very soon Ram will take her from there.
  • He even offers to carry her on his back and take her to Ram. But Sita says that she is waiting for Ram because she wants to see her kidnapper's death.
  • Sita and Hanuman see some demons coming that way. Hanuman is ready to fight with them.

Detailed Story

Vanars are talking among themselves that they searched for Sita in many places but they could not find her.

Angad – I am worried that the time given by uncle Sugriv is over. Returning without doing his work means laying down one's life.

Jambvan – You are right. His nature is very rough.

Angad – I will die by hitting my head against this rock, but I will not move from here. You all can go wherever you want; I have no objection.

Hanuman – Have patience, Angad. You are the son of mighty king Vali and what is this you are doing? Don't you feel ashamed?

Angad – There is no use of false encouragement. It is better to die here than be killed by an unrighteous person like uncle Sugriv.

Hanuman – Angad, this is not right. We are doing Lord Sri Ram's work. We will get success from his power.

Jambvan – Jatayu gave up his life in order to save mother Site and you lost hope so fast? Come, we will go to that mountain.

A vulture is seen on the sky. It comes down on Earth and takes human form. It is Sampati, Jatayu's elder brother.

Hanuman – Who are you, sir?

Sampati – I am vulture king Sampati. Somebody has killed my younger brother vulture king Jatayu. I am searching for him. Can you tell me where he is?

Jambvan – We are also searching for him. He has kidnapped Sri Ram's wife.

Sampati – You mean king Dashrath's daughter-in-law?

Jambvan – You are right.

Sampati – Then I can tell you his address.

Hanuman – Sir, then tell us fast who he is and where he has taken mother Sita?

Sampati – That thief and my brother's murderer is Lanka's king Ravan. Using my vulture's eyes I saw him going towards Lanka. Lanka is 100 yojan from here. If somebody can cross 100 yojans, then he can reach mother Sita.

Hanuman – You are great, sir. You solved our problem.

Jambvan – Who will cross 100 yojans?

All are quiet.

Angad – Why are you all quiet? Will vanars' might prove useless? This is the question of our prestige and for this, if we have to give up our lives, we are ready to do even that.

Different vanars say how much they can cross.

Angad – I can cross 100 yojans but I do not know if I will be able to come back.

Jambvan – I know your strength, Angad. You can cross not only 100 but even 500 yojans. But it is not right for you to go. You are our would-be master. We have responsibility towards you. You order one of us.

Angad – If not me, then who?

Jambvan – Are you forgetting mighty Hanuman?

All vanaras hail Hanuman. Hanuman realizes his strength and flies over the sea.

Sursa stops Hanuman on the way.

Hanuman – Do not block my path. I have to search mother Sita.

Sursa – But I own this sea route. I do not allow anybody to cross this sea.

Hanuman – I have to go and no obstacle can stop me.

Sursa – I kill whoever tries to cross the sea forcibly.

She assumes huge form. Hanuman also increases his size but still Sursa stops him. Then Hanuman becomes very small and goes inside Sursa's mouth. Once inside her moth, Hanuman hits the inside of her mouth with his gada (club). Sursa cannot bear the pain and opens her mouth. Hanuman comes out of her mouth and Sursa falls down.

Hanuman – If you have illusory power, then I have the power of my Lord Sri Ram.

(According to Valmiki Ramayan, Sursa was mother of nagas. She was sent by Indra to test Hanuman. She put a condition to Hanuman that she would let him go only after he enters her mouth. She makes her mouth bigger; Hanuman makes his body even bigger. This continues for some time. Suddenly Hanuman becomes very small, enters Sursa's mouth and, before she can close her huge mouth, comes out of her mouth. This way, he fulfills the condition set by her. Sursa is happy to see Hanuman's intelligence and blesses him.)

Hanuman reaches Lanka. Rakshasi Lankini stops him at the gate.

Lankini – Stop. Who are you? You are going inside like a thief.

Hanuman – First you tell who you are.

Lankini – I am the protector of Lanka. I am Lankini.

Hanuman – Lankini ji, will you allow me to visit Lanka?

Lankini – You cannot survive after cheating me. Tell me truly who you are. Lankini has killed many spies. I will kill you also. But, before death, give your introduction and tell me how you dared to come here.

Hanuman – Lankini ji, please do not suspect me.

Lankini – First answer my questions.

Hanuman – If I do not answer then, Lankini ji?

Lankini – I will kill you.

Lankini and Hanuman fight. Hanuman easily defeats her and goes inside. He hides himself from security and searches for Sita.

Some rakshasis are threatening and laughing at Sita. After some time they leave her and Trijata comes.

Trijata – If they torture you, then let them. But do not be disturbed. Soon, some solution will be found. That day is not far when Sri Ram himself will come to take you from here.

When Trijata also leaves, then Hanuman comes there secretly and sits atop a tree.

Sita cries – Take me from here, Sri Ram.

She spreads her anchal (side of saree). Hanuman drops the ring given by Ram on Sita's anchal.

Sita – Who is here? Who has brought my lord's ring? I fold my hands to you. Please appear before me.

Hanuman comes in front of her and bows to her.

Hanuman – Forgive me, mother. I brought that ring. I am Sri Ram's servant Pavanputra (son of wind god) Hanuman. Lord Sri Ram sent me here as a messenger to find out the ways to take you from here. There cannot be a bigger proof of this than the ring of Lord Sri Ram.

Sita – May God bless you. Now my desire will be fulfilled. I had lost hope of my life. But you have given me new life.

Hanuman – Now your problems will be solved. When I go there, then Sri Ram will come here will his huge army of vanars.

Sita – Then go fast. Only two months of my life is left.

Hanuman – If you want, then I will carry you on my back and take you to Sri Ram.

Sita – It will not be proper. I do not want to leave this place without seeing the death of my kidnapper.

Hanuman – You are right.

Sita sees that some people are coming there.

Sita – Pavanputra, go from here. If they see you, then they will kill you.

Hanuman – Mother, they cannot harm me. Give me permission. Jai Sri Ram.

Hanuman is ready to fight with the demons.