Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
Wow this finale part 1 were dominated by many opparis, heartbreaking scenes, pasamalai scenesπŸ˜†
madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with you Meli. Ore kaneer katharal thaan.

Final 1- Last performance was done by Nivas Julie. Though they did well, it was below their potential....no gumukku in their performance.

Results - Nivas/Julie and Hema/Nisha eliminated. Julie was crying a lot....guess she really did not expect it. i think their loss was more due to a bad song selection.

Finale 2 - two pairs already danced their solo---

Nethran - Aruna -both were good.
Murali - Lavanya - Murali was not good,lavanya was good.

Will be continued next week.

Madhu

jenim thumbnail

OK..lemme make an update on the Grand Finale, since I don't find one.

04/28 - Grand Finale

Bala and Suguna danced solo.
It was OK on the whole. Nothing home to write about.

Personally, I thought Suguna was just jumping around. I guess the choreographer is to blame for coming up with such unimpressive steps. Mumtaz felt that way too.

Since the Judges didn't find any of the solo performances up to their expectations, a distinct choice couldn't be made. So they split the top honors and there were two first prize winners.

Nethran - ArunaDevi and
Bala - Suguna.

The prize was a boy's motor bike and a girl's bike. The Judges left the winners to split the bikes. On another day (in a separate shoot) envelopes containing either cash/cheque were given to the 2 pairs (4 individually). No mention of the prize money, though. Why was it a secret, one wonders!

To fill time, they had the other losing pairs do their solo bit. All those who lost danced very beautifully, esp Julie for the song "Mayya, Mayya" in Guru. She was so graceful, had a perfect dance outfit to match that song. And HemaChandran danced as Nataraja for Thiruvilayadal song (not sure which movie). He danced so well and got standing ovation from Lawrence. Since these were not to be considered for the contest, no comments were passed by the judges. They could have given a prize/award based on these performances, is what I thought.

On the whole, what I don't agree with MM-2 is the fact that the 3 judges kept picking winners in every round not based on their performance in that round - rather on extraneous factors such as:

Murali/Lavanya - were supposed to be the underdogs that they came all the way to the finals. But they were promoted in every round not just based on their performance, but because they came from not knowing to dance at all. Though more appreciation needs to be shown to this pair, it is very unfair to the other pairs, that the judges kept saying this to Murali/Lavanya in every round. B'cos of this, Nivas/Julie couldn't even be in the top three.

Suguna had injury to her leg, alright. But knowing this, she is in a dance competition right? So, why do the judges keep bringing this up in more than one occasion? To create pathos? To make sure that it sounds right, when they finally announce her the winner? Not right! 3 weeks ago, going by the kind of comments Suguna was getting regardless of how she danced, I was almost certain she and her pair were going to win.

Having such candid judges, I really wished that they had judged more neutrally and completely based on performances in those rounds only, rather than history - injury/survival/underdog/irrelevant to the contest factors.

I was really disappointed that no prize money was given to Hemachandran, Nivas and Julie. They truly were the best dancers in the competition - no doubt!

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The whole grand-finale was a big JOKE...I dont know why but I have never got any finale feelings on anyone Suntvs prog be it be a game or dance show πŸ˜•

Hemachandran, Julie, Niwas did a excellent job like you said while the finalist were terrible..I dont think they should have solo round as a finale round...big mistake of them. Thats why I didnt bother to post any comments about the finale...but thx Jenim for the update πŸ˜ƒ
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Mastana Mastana finish/....??? Oh dear, Jenim, i thought u were joking on the updates. Howcome it ended so dull?? Am very suprised...

Thanks for all the updates guys 😳