saroj khan's aaja nachle - article

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Aaja 'Nach Le' with Saroj Khan

One of Bollywood's most successful and popular choreographers, Saroj Khan, is coming with a new show called Nach Le that, according to her, will allow each and every one of us to dance like Karisma Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit. Saroj says that she is going to teach the tiniest tot to the eldest in the house to move just like their favourite Bollywood stars.
Click to listen now:

"It's a new concept which has never been explored earlier on TV. Viewers will be able to sit at home and learn how to dance. Children, adults, anyone who wants to learn how to dance," says Khan, "Children can sit and watch the movements and then practice the steps. I will be teaching them all dance styles," explains the ace choreographer.

On why she thinks the show will work, Saroj says, "I would only like to say that try it out once. For whatever reason you may choose to do it… as enjoyment and entertainment for kids or as a form of exercise or as a career…try it and I am sure you will like it. I mean you won't have to go to any class to learn it. You just need to switch on your television and you can learn how to dance from Saroj Khan."

Saroj opines that of late dance has lost its importance in today's lifestyle. And she is hoping Nach Le, can help change that. "I think dance has a lot of importance in everyone's lives. If I can make a career out of it…I mean if I hadn't taken up dance I wouldn't have this name."

Of all the dance forms which one is your favourite?

"I don't have any specific choice. For me dance is everything. It is the most important thing in my life. I enjoy all styles, all forms of dance," she says with a smile.

Saroj Khan has choreographed the very best of Bollywood - from Amitabh Bachchan to Madhuri Dixit to Shah Rukh Khan. But she says there is someone still left whom she would love to choreograph.

"I would like to choreograph Vidya Balan. I have seen her dancing in Bhool Bhulaiyaa and I also liked the expressions she gave in Lage Raho Munnabhai. She has that spark," states Khan.

• Harshita Kohli. Hill Road Media
  • Friday, December 14, 2007
  • source: www.indya.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dr s.khan thumbnail
    which channel.......ne idea?it wld b fun 2 c tht....m anxiously waiting 4 tht 😊
    colling thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
    tfs...nice thoughts saroj ji!