To Barkha with love Indraneil Sengupta

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
To Barkha with love
Indraneil Sengupta

The Gladrags model, Indraneil SenGupta, started his career in television with Rajshree Production's Pyaar Ke Do Naam- Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam on Star Plus. He soon became a known face in the industry with the success of the serial. He also appeared in a small role in Vikram Bhatt's film Mumbai Salsa.

The television hottie is currently in the news for making some dance moves with his lady love Barkha Bisht in the third season of the dance based reality show Nach Baliye. Indraneil is now entering Sahara One's Doli Saja Ke, in which Barkha is playing the lead.

We spoke to Indraneil about his relationship with Barkha and his new serial Doli saja Ke.

What attracted you to this role?
Barkha is playing the main lead and it's a great opportunity to work with her again after Pyar Ke Do Naam. It always feels great to be together on the sets too.

What is your role?
I will play the love interest of Anupama played by Barkha. My character's name is Daksh. I play a guy from a very rich and loving family. I have my mother and father, grandmother, brother and sister-in-law and a sister in the family. I come across as a very arrogant guy who wears a lot of attitude. But he is very pleasant. Daksh loves to live life on his own terms. Later it's shown how he bumps into Anupama and how he starts liking her.

When is your entry going to be aired?
I think it's going to be aired tomorrow that is Friday, December 14. I just request you all to watch Doli Saja Ke.

What about your stint with Nach Baliye?
Oh! Please don't even make me speak on that. It was very taxing. It was very tough for a non-dancer like me. Barkha is such a good dancer and I had to match her. To tell you the truth forget about matching steps with Barkha I can't match my steps with anyone. I had some real tough time practicing and delivering my steps.

Don't you think that getting paired with Barkha again would type cast you?
I would not agree to this. On the other hand, people don't cast real life couples in this industry. Going with the history no real life couples have hit it off on-screen. But I had been lucky that my serial with Barkha Pyaar Ke Do Naam was liked by the audiences. So we kind of changed the common notion. As far as Nach baliye is concerned it was a reality show where we as a couple had to perform, so we were bound to come together. I just pray that Doli Saja Ke also does well. People who we are working with know us as a very professional couple. We create a certain professional decorum. They think that our on-screen chemistry is as good as off-screen chemistry. I don't think that is going to typecast us. In fact Barkha is one of the most important reason for my joining this show.

Couples always complain about the less time they get to share together. Is this the reason you agreed to do the show?
Yes, I totally agree that it's because of her I have joined the cast. When couples do different shows they actually do not get quality time to spend together. But we are together again and I am spending most of my time with her. In that case I would say I am lucky.

What are your other projects?
There is a movie that I am doing. I can't reveal anything about the movie, my character, cast, director or the banner's name. I can say that there is one more hero other than me and two heroines in the movie. It's a romantic movie.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--huma-- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
haha hope to c inder in DSK then
koolnicky247 thumbnail
Thats gr8 they make a good couple...although I think Barkha's ex Karan S. Grover is much cuter than Neil
pribhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks sooo much for sharing...it will be g8 to c them onscreen again...I will start seeing this serial nw....apart that I barely kw anything abt this serial 😆
bsbgirl thumbnail
Thank you for sharing...starting to accept Neil joining DSK a little (still miss Amit Sarin and Chaitanya). Daskh seems to have a nice family, will be good for Anu.
attitude03 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bsbgirl

Thank you for sharing...starting to accept Neil joining DSK a little (still miss Amit Sarin and Chaitanya). Daskh seems to have a nice family, will be good for Anu.

I hope his family stays nice. He has a sis-in-law too. Hmmmmmm These writers always keep something to change in future. Someone will be there to torture Anu.

Cool_Dipti thumbnail
Oh my...The thing which I've always dreamt of..to see Neil Barkha again after PKDN..I shud be very happy ..but a little confused right now..anyways Glad to see Neil playing her love interest..orelse after Chetu..if it wud have been somebody else other than Neil..I wud have gone nuts! 😆 ..but still missing Chetu!
samia siddiqui thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, but I am happy that he is not playing the role of Chaitanya. We still have a hope of his return.
Daksh's sister-in law, will be an another evil in DSK. Anu will never live happily ever after.
Wait, Barkha dated Karan? Woah!
Cool_Dipti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Insanity

Wait, Barkha dated Karan? Woah!

yeah...thats a history 😆 ..and she buried her past...