Written update Nov.29th: The Play

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey guys, am covering for Sanober who couldn't make it this week!  Come back soon Sanober! 

The show starts with a scene in the girls' dressing room, where Rids, Sapna and Anjali are getting ready for the cultural play and Keerthi is there keeping them company.  Anjali is fiddling with the back of her costume, a long, pink dress with transparent puffy sleeves for her role as Juliet.  She asks impatiently, Rids, why don't you try to fix my costume?  So Rids goes over and helps her zip it up.  Then Dr. Shubankar's daughter comes inside and wishes well to Keerthi as she is starring opposite her father and Keerthi corrects her and says no, Sapna is starring with him and points her out.  Sapna's face falls seeing the little girl again.  The girl wishes Sapna best of luck and leaves. 

*the guys' dressing room*  Nana is there with Armaan, Atul and Shubankar and he is freaking out about the play.  Armaan tells Nana that "everything will be alright"  and tries to reassure him.  Shubankar tells a hyper Nana that "now Atul, me and Armaan are here, just relax."  Atul, wearing a puffy white shirt for his role as Romeo with black vest is anxious.  He walks in the hallway with Armaan asking "how do I look?" repeatedly until an exasperated Armaan holds him against the wall and asks, "how many times are you going to say "how do i look?"  Then for a second, they hold each others faces in an emotional moment, when Lovely comes in at the wrong time, sees them and faints.   (LOL)

*back in the girls' room*

Dr. Shashank comes in, covering his eyes and says can i come in?  And when he comes, he congratulates Rids and Sapna and holds Rids for a second.  And rids wants to know what the wishes are for and he says for passing her viva exam.  He wishes them all the best and leaves.  Anjali smiles at him.

Then the scene shifts to the Sanjeevani auditorium where Dr. Keerthi is the host for the evening.  Backstage Nana yells at a stagehand.

Anjali shakes Atul's hand and wishes him "best of luck" which makes Atul nonplussed.  Then he recovers and touches the ground four times before his performance. 

In Romeo and Juliet:

Atul standing on the ground, reads the line off his hand, "I've never seen anyone as beautiful as you in my entire life."  then he looks at Anjali and Anjali smiles and says "it's your line."  then Atul says "it's your line now, my lines are all written down on my hand."  then Anjali says "first it's your line, then it's my line."  Then Atul goes up to Anjali, shakes her, and says "Answer your Romeo, Juliet!"  and gets anxious.  The audience laughs, seeing him say his own lines.  Nana, watching his scene go wrong from the side, faints. 

In the next act, Anjali is standing on the balcony.  Atul is below.  Atul says "Juliet."  Anjali says to him, "Every night I dream of you and I see your lips.  won't you come up just once and make my dream come true?"  then Atul tries to climb the balcony, covered in vines but he falls!  Anjali somehow grabs him and plants a kiss on his cheek and he faints.  He is on the ground and the stagehands try to revive him with old shoes and socks under his nose.  (lol)   Watching from the side, Armaan laughs and Rids gets upset.  Lovely, seeing Anjali kiss Atul faints and falls backwards and everyone tries to catch her jointly. 

Soni and Mahiwal:

Soni is scrubbing pots, looking beautiful in her costume with dupatta covering her head.  Mahiwal is with her. 

*in the hallway*  Nana is yelling at Armaan and Armaan is trying to fix his blue dhoti over his jeans.  Rids comes up to him and says "Armaan I want to make one thing clear."  then Armaan doesn't have time to listen and she struggles to say to him, "Armaan I want to say one thing" and Armaan is like yeah and Rids says "Don't take advantage of me."  then Armaan says that "you don't take advantage of me!" and he continues adjusting his dhoti which has been falling off while he is talking.  Nana says something to Keerthi and when she asks him about it, he acts all aloof and looks away. 

*guys' dressing room* Armaan is sitting down, fixing his hair and looking for the makeup guy, wanders off into the girls' dressing room.

Rids is in the corner struggling to tie her choli in the back and keeps asking "di where are you?"  but noone answers.  Armaan walks in and looks at her like a lost puppy, then walks up to her and ties her back string, holds her wrist and tries to kiss her, but then wakes up from his daydream.  He comes in, and she turns and says "You!  what are you doing here?  Leave from here!"  Then he walks toward her and then keeps walking toward her, takes a dupatta and wraps it around her back.  she looks into his eyes and swoons.  Armaan walks off into the backstage area remembering her back and trying to recover. 

Rids comes out in full costume and Armaan looks ar her lost and she just glares at him.  Nana comes and asks Armaan "What happened? You forgot your dialogue?" 

*Soni and Mahiwal*

The villagers kill Mahiwal and the pair are found dead.  Keerthi says that you have seen Romeo and Juliet, Soni and Mahiwal, there is one more story, Heer and Ranjha. 

Then Heer comes out with a basket and goes to Ranjha, "Here is some food I have brought for you."  Ranjha tells her if it isn't served with love then I don't want it.  Then he catches her wrist and she melts.  He asks her "where are you going Heer?"  She says "Ranjha let me go."  He says "you know you don't want to leave me." Don't leave me. Heer says, "I don't want to, my mind says not to."  Ranjha says, "Don't stop yourself today, I was waiting so long for you."  Then a brief pause after which Ranjha says to Heer "I love you."  and Heer, says "I love you a lot." and then looks away as she means the words for Armaan not Ranjha.  Then Heer plays the flute and later there is a tug-of-war between two groups.  Heer drinks from a cup of poison and Ranjha goes up to her and says passionately, "I can't live without you, what have you done?  He keeps saying Heer don't leave me, heer don't leave me."  When he realizes Heer is dead, he takes out a knife from his pocket, and plunges it into himself and falls on top of her.  It is shown that Rids' hand is on Armaan's face and she says "Armaan" and he says "Riddhima" and then suddenly the lights shine on them. 

*girls' dressing room*  Rids is visibly moved by the play and Armaan comes to her confronting her with her feelings.  He says to her emphatically, "Tell me that you felt something for me during rehearsal."  Rids says "Armaan what are you saying."  He holds her tightly and Rids says "Armaan you're hurting me."  Then Armaan is like "don't you think I am hurting as well?"  "Answer my question."  Then rids gets upset and says "I didn't feel anything, understand?"  Armaan gets angry and says "ok Dr. Riddhima if you felt nothing during rehearsals fine."  "There is no complication between us."  "Thank you God, thanks so much.  Goodbye, Dr. Riddhima!"  then he storms out, pushing down all of the chairs in one stroke and leaves the room.  Camera focuses on Rids' upset face and freezes.      

Episode highlights:  This episode had a little of everything, some AA1, AA2 and AR.  The highlight would have to be the Romeo-Juliet scene where Atul flubs his lines and falls trying to climb the balcony, it was so hilarious to watch and so unlike the serious ending of the actual play.  👏👏

Sorry so late, thanks guys! 

Edited by trina1 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Wow Trins!! Excellent update! So detailed! I loved it! 👏 👏 👏
dmg2c thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks a ton trina...the dying scene was beautiful when teh lights go out..but hte end broke my heart.
NishaK19 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks..great update!...today epiosde did was a little bit of everything it was great! 😃
mahalaksh2303 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks a lot for the update yaar trina........... 👏
atul was at his best he is damn funny i cant control myself........... 🤣
but i didnt like the ending ridz is too much........ 😭
poor armi he was shattered...........
sonyfan007 thumbnail
thanks allllllllllottttttttttttttt
dmg rox thumbnail