ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Mona Vasu is back

Mona Vasu of Milee fame has made her comeback on television after a year-and-a-half. She is doing two shows on two new channels. One of them Jamegijodi.com came on air last week on 9X. We chatted with the actress about both her shows and also the cameo she is doing in Bidaai.

Jamegijodi.com

"I do not want to do a daily show again because it requires a lot of time. I wanted to meet many people and I am still meeting some film people. When I was offered this role I immediately accepted it as the character is very interesting. It is a light comedy and when you feel little a down, you can see this show and your mood will suddenly change."

Other show on NDTV's new channel

"Radha Ki Betiyan Kutch Kar Dhikhana Chahti Hai. It is also weekly show which I think is starting in January. It is a very realistic character you and I see in our everyday lives. The story is about three girls and their mother and how they are forced to leave their village and settle in Mumbai. I am one of the girls. It is a very positive character. All three are different in nature but have a single dream of building their own house in Mumbai."

Cameo in Bidaai

"I have worked with Rajan, the producer of Bidaai, in Milee and have a great working relationship with him. After some point of time we become good friends as well. Some days back, he asked me whether I would like to do a cameo in Bidaai and I said yes. It will be like a holiday for me as I know him so well. But he has not told me about the role and other details as yet so let's see what happens."

The big break

"It was a much needed one after doing a daily show for 2 continuous years. First, I went to Ladakh where I always wanted to go. I planned a holiday there for ten days but spent 2 months as one of my friends told me about a drama school's workshop which I attended. Then I went to Singapore where again I was for two months. My parents live in Singapore but I did not get time to spend with them while doing Milee so this was great. I also wanted to enjoy my time with my nephew. There I joined African drum classes and also a theatre group of children for whom I worked as a volunteer back stage. When I returned, I enrolled myself in ballet classes as I wanted to lose weight. You will not believe it but I lost 12 kgs. I also learnt Kathak. So basically I did a lot."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marthika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Cool ...i liked her in miilliee.. 😳 😳
sagarpatadia thumbnail