Please continue the Protest!!!

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

I truly appreciate the members of this forum for being the only ones to take the initiative to try to clean up TV!!!👏 I have seen ppl in other parts of the forum venting on how bad the serials are but noone talks about taking it up with the ppl responsible!!!

In order to make our protests audible and register in the minds of those responsible for the obnoxious stuff we AND our children watch on TV, we need to continue the campaign!!!

I can't imagine what effect these serials have on the minds of our young and gullible audience!!( children) and as I know in  a major part of Indian homes,  the whole family sits together and watches telly!!!

Lets share some ideas about how to bring this about. One of my suggestions is that since TRPs matter; it would probably be effective if a good section of the audience stopped watching prime time TV for one week. This could be accomplished with the help of an email chain to friends at home who I don't think want to be silent victims!!

Please comment and suggest!!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Simiv,
TRP is just crap, they only gets results from a small part and generalize it.

I think everyone should just boycott it or write letters to those directors. Someone in Kashturi forum also said we should boycott products from the sponsors so they wont any more sponsors crap serials.
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Boycotting sponsor's products is a very good idea!!! but I think wud be quite tough since the products are in common use and making an effective dent in the sales will take a long time and lot of effort!! but still worth
trying!!
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with Meli, advertisers must stop promoting these serials and sponoring them. Since, they are rubbish and some are dragging far too long.