~Life Without You~ - VS ff - Chp 9, pg 7!

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

hello everyone! as you all know.. i'm a mega titanic fan of the VS jodi.😃😆😆 so i've decided to write a fanfic about them!

this is the first chapter. please leave your comments & suggestions after you read it! thank you!😳😳

oh btw.. my FF is titled Life Without You.😛

i'm picking up the story where they left it in the serial.

CHAPTER 1

Soni sobbed as she sat on the swing at the terrace of the huge khurana mansion. It was diwali & she was all alone. There was no one she could share her pain with, her sister mahi was miles away & soni didn't want to disturb her younger sister. At least mahi was happy with her husband shabd who loved her more than life itself. What soni didn't know that mahi too was undergoing a lot of emotional trauma dished out by none other than her husband himself.

As she sniffled slightly & adjusted her position on the swing, soni heard a throat being cleared behind her. She spun around to find jeet strolling towards her a full blown smirk on his face. Wiping her eyes quickly on the pallu of her yellow sari soni looked away. "so bhabhi..what are you doing up at the terrace on this beautiful night?" jeet over-emphasized on the word 'bhabhi' causing soni to wince.

When soni didn't reply, jeet begun gushing about his new soon to be fiance Cherry & how simply perfect she was for him. "I think she might be the one you know.." jeet remarked suddenly after a long span of silence. "I really feel cherry is going to be my soul mate.." jeet went on looking soni right in the eye.

Soni's uncomfortable demeanor seemed to be working wonders for jeet. That was his purpose for coming up to the terrace. He wanted to let soni feel how it is to be hurt & humiliated. The same way he had been feeling ever since soni married veer. "I guess I'll see you around bhabhi.. cherry's probably waiting for me downstairs.." the smirk resurfaced yet again.

Watching the former love of her life walk away, soni felt a huge tug at the bottom of her heart. Jeet was hurting inside which is why he was hurting her in return. "maybe this whole fiasco is my fault.." she grumbled miserably as the chilly night breeze whipped around her. Suddenly feeling exhausted soni found herself dozing. Her eyelids drooped heavily. As she drifted to lala land an almighty crash jolted soni from her sleepy reverie.

"oops.. sorry.." veer's voice echoed from the stairs leading from the living room to the terrace. Soni saw her husband making his way up a sheepish smile on his face and felt a sudden rush of affection for him. He was the only person who has genuinely smiled at her since hours. "I knocked over the silver statue by accident." Veer grinned down at her, his eyes twinkling. Soni couldn't help notice the slight hint of laughter in her husband's eyes. "what is it veer? is there something wrong?" her worried tone brought a serious expression to veer's face.

"soni.. you've got a.. you've got a huge grey moth stuck in your bun.." veer dissolved into laughter. "What?? Where? How?" stuttered soni. "here.. let me help you.." veer's voice had become much gentler. He reached out & brushed the moth away. "this is so embarrassing.." soni muttered under her breath but veer heard it & gave her another grin. This time, both of them dissolved into laughter.

"for the record soni.. you didn't look that bad. It was like an extra hair accessory" veer tried to comfort his wife. He got back a smile in return & smiled happily. It had been a long time since he heard soni laugh. He had almost forgotten how her laughter sounded. Like the tinkling of bells on a breezy night.

Veer then suggested that they both enjoy the night breeze for a while before retiring to bed. Soni just gave a slight nod & they both seated themselves comfortably onto the swing. "I'm sorry soni. I know I should have been with you on this day but I had to attend to an important case.." veer tried to find the right words to explain to his wife on how hard it was for him to leave her all alone on diwali night.

To his surprise.. soni turned pretty upset at his apology.

"did I say something wrong soni? Why do you look so sad?" veer's senses immediately tensed up in worry. He hated to see soni upset, too bad that was the only way he was seeing her nowadays. "why did you leave me all alone veer? I.. I was really alone.." unable to hold back her tears, soni started sobbing much to veer's horror.

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lizzie89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!finally a VS ff......i love u for this leena 😉 😆 😆 ......gr8 part....and u better b a fast updater.......warna main tumhe nahi chodnewaali 😉
jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow..it's very nice 👏 👏 👏
keep continue
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

thankoo laiba & jaanlover.🤗🤗 preethi, don't worry i'll update as fast as i can so you don't have to come after me with an axe or something. lols!😆😆

here's the next chapter. remember to leave your lovely comments at the end of the chapter. thankoo again!🤗🤗

CHAPTER 2

Veer watched on helplessly as soni bawled her eyes out. he had never seen his wife so distraught before & frankly the sight of her sobbing so pitifully wrenched veer's heart out. "hush.. hush.. don't cry soni.. please don't cry.." veer stroked soni's hair. That action of his seemed to calm her down slightly & soni's tears ceased. She stared at veer with red-rimmed eyes, mascara streaming down her cheeks in two small rivets. Despite that, veer felt that soni looked more vulnerable & beautiful than she had ever had, at that moment.

Taking out his freshly laundered handkerchief that he didn't use, veer dabbed at soni's cheeks trying his best to remove the black streak from her cheeks but to no avail. The mascara seemed to have melted right into soni's soft skin. Veer thought of telling his wife how she looked but then thought better of it. Telling soni that she looked like a miniature panda wasn't going to help lift her mood in any way.

After soni had considerably calmed down veer probed her as to find out what was bugging his lovely wife. "do you mind telling me what's bothering you soni? Maybe sharing it with someone might make you feel better.." he smiled at her comfortingly. Soni looked at him for a moment then shook her head. "no veer.. there's nothing bothering me.. I just felt alone & I was also remembering daddy-ji and mummy-ji. Our diwalis at the malhotra household cannot be forgotten so easily.. I was just missing home & there was no one here I could talk to.. you had already left for your duty.. who could I talk to?"soni lamented.

Veer felt a surge of affection for soni. So she thought he was the only one in the house she could talk to? That was news for veer. he thought he'd never hear his importance in her life right from soni's mouth. "is that all that is bothering you?" veer felt himself asking the question aloud. Soni still looked somewhat unsettled. "veer.. it's cherry.. I feel mummy-ji.." she faltered trying to find the right words to tell veer how she felt about the whole situation.

"I'm sure she's a nice girl. if mamma chose her for jeet, she has to be good na?" veer smiled at soni as if to ally her fears. "you mean you haven't met her yet?" soni was a little taken aback. "no.. I haven't. mamma said cherry left with jeet for a dinner date or something like that. And I came straight up here to meet you after I reached home." Veer added with a grin on his handsome face. Soni turned away from him & let the light breeze caress her face gently. It was a futile effort trying to explain durga's efforts in putting her down before cherry.

Soni felt really tired. It was as if crying had emptied her of all her energy. She leaned back on the swing, gave veer a small smile & unknowingly fell asleep. Meanwhile veer was watching soni intently, she looked beautiful in the soft moonlight with or without the ugly mascara streaks. When the wind whipped through her loose hair veer wanted more than anything to reach out & grab soni & kiss her without stopping. He saw her eyes flutter close & unmistakably she was asleep.

Veer watched soni sleeping for a while then gazed up at the sky, admiring the millions of stars that graced the velvety blue horizon. He felt soni turn in her sleep & soon found her head resting against his shoulder. His gaze reverted back to soni's sleeping face, veer let his eyes run over her dozing profile for a few minutes. Plagued by a sudden bout of courage veer put his arm around soni's shoulder & pulled her closer to him. She snuggled closer to him & let out a light soft snore. Unable to control his laughter, veer grinned like a madman & sighed contentedly.

That night was nearly over yet veer felt like it was only beginning. He felt his eyes close & he too dozed off, his head lying perfectly in sync with soni's. "veer puttar!! Veer puttar!" durga's loud obnoxious voice echoed like a loud clap of thunder jolting veer from his slumber. He stared up with sleep filled eyes at his mother who looked positively murderous at the sight of soni sleeping on his shoulder. "sshh mamma.. you'll wake soni up.. she's so tired that she fell asleep.." veer smiled at soni tenderly whilst durga rolled her eyes. "but puttar.. we have beds in the house.. why is this girl using your shoulder as a bed?" durga's sarcastic comment made veer wince but he didn't retort. He knew better than to argue with his mum.

Durga realizing that her grumblings were falling on deaf ears shoved a shawl into veer's hands & turned to leave. "mamma.." veer called out to her. She whipped around hopefully to hear him tell her that he'll send soni off to bed soon but instead veer just thanked his mother & wrapped the shawl around soni's shoulder gently. "hmphh.. so far for the model son.." durga muttered as she descended the steps down to the living room.

So far all her plans were backfiring. Every time she tried to keep veer away from soni, he grew even closer to her. "I've to think up of something.." durga gave herself some encourgament as she looked around one last time at veer. the way veer was looking at soni made durga's heart sink. She had to do something before soni seduced veer completely.

Lizzie89 thumbnail
too good yaar.....this couple is choo cute 😳  😳 ....i just wish they could show this scene in the serial....i would especially love to see durga's reaction like u described the scene here 😆  😆  😆 ........my fav. sentence in today's update- "Telling soni that she looked like a miniature panda wasn't going to help lift her mood in any way."- how sweet and funny 😆  😆  😆
desikudi127 thumbnail
thsi fan fic is amazign plz continue soon!!!
👏
missy14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG it's amazing 😳 don't know how to say but it's really Amazing 😉
-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

awesome FF!!

k33p it up!!

jigglypuff726 thumbnail

Thank you manai, desikudi, missy14 & yana for your lovely comments!🤗🤗🤗

Awww preethi.. you're the only one who leaves behind detailed comments. Thank you so much for that!🤗🤗 I really appreciate it. I do hope that the serial will portray VS in the way I see them.😛 I want to see durga look murderous as VS get all lovey dovey. Hehe.. I liked the miniature panda line myself too. Lols!😆😆

here's the latest installment. please do comment & critisise as well so i know where to improve my story. thankoo!😛

CHAPTER 3

The cheery rays of the early morning sun woke veer up. It was a beautiful morning & the warmth the sun was spreading gave him a new form of energy. Veer tried to stretch his arms but felt that he couldn't move it.

Realizing that soni was still fast asleep on his shoulder, veer quickly drew back his arm not wanting to wake her up. That little jerk however woke soni up. Her head jerked back slightly & her eyes opened slightly.

"veer.. what are you doing here?" she asked him in a rather groggy voice. She seemed unfocused for a few moments then regained her composure & stiffened immediately. "was I asleep on your shoulder for the entire night? Did anyone see me sleeping this way?" soni actually sounded scared.

"yes mamma came to give me this shawl but she didn't say anything.." veer added as soni looked positively aghast. He wanted to tell her how very close he felt to her the previous night but veer couldn't find the right words to express his feelings to soni.

As if on cue, soni caught his eye & they gazed at each other without breaking eye contact. The brief intoxicating spell was broken when they heard durga's shouts coming from the living room below. "who asked you to place this flowers here? Don't you have any brains?" her voice boomed & veer and soni couldn't help but break into grins. Some things never changed at the khurana household.

"so shall we go down & face mamma's music?" veer asked soni in a teasing tone & regretted the instant he uttered those words. Soni had turned serious again & her smile had disappeared. Veer realized how much soni feared durga & made up his mind to ease the tension between his mother and wife as soon as possible. As they climbed down the stairs a rather astonishing sight greeted them.

The whole living room was strewn with almost flower ever known to man. Sitting right in the middle of living room with an annoyed expression on her aged face was durga khurana. Soni had a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as durga's eyes narrowed into slits upon spotting veer & soni standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"oh so finally you had the heart to come down eh soni? You should know that for a good daughter in-law helping her mother in-law is more important than romancing with your hubby.." durga glared at soni pointedly. Veer on the other had turned slightly red & was looking elsewhere than at soni.

"no mummy-ji.. actually i.." soni started to explain but was rudely interrupted by durga. "forget it soni.. you should have known better than to actually let me lecture you.. but what to do? That's the way you've been brought up.." the biting sarcasm in durga's voice made tears sting the back of soni's eyes.

Veer realizing that his mother was again picking on soni nicely allied the situation by asking her what the occasion was that there were so much of flowers surrounding the whole living room. Durga then adopted a sickly sweet voice that could give sugar a run for it's money.

"veer puttar.. you know jyoti's friend is coming from Canada as well. She & cherry were friends so I asked cherry to ask apple to come along as well. Nice name na? Apple. It's so unique.."😆😆 durga gushed on not realizing how silly she sounded.

"cherry's friend apple?" veer thought trying his best to hold back the urge to laugh.😆😆 He turned to soni to find that she was also trying her best to control her laughter. "what's so funny puttar?" durga's sharp eyes had picked up the change in the atmosphere. It seemed that durga was being laughed at & durga was one person who fancy being laughed at.

"nothing mamma.." veer somehow hid his grin & adopted a serious tone. Durga eyed him & soni suspiciously for a moment before taking on the fake saccharine tone again. "so veer puttar.. I want you to go to the airport to receive apple.. will you do your mamma this favour?" durga smiled at veer serenely.

"sure mamma.. I was thinking of bringing soni to that tandoor restaurant which has only one branch at the airport. This is a good time to go there na soni?" veer asked his wife but durga didn't let soni reply.

"no puttar.. I think it's best that you went alone.. what is soni going to do in the airport? It's not like she's traveled by plane for her entire life. Poor girl.. even the bus was a privilege for her.." durga smirked at soni evilly.

Veer however remained unfazed. "nahi mamma.. it's either I go with soni or you ask apple to take a cab to our home.." with that veer took soni by the hand & led her back to their room, leaving durga gaping after them.

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 16 years ago
Lizzie89 thumbnail
way to go veer "puttar" 😆 .......this durga's so funny....."cherry's friend apple"????? 😆 😆 .......ur one-liners r too good leena 😉 ..........continue ASAP....i'm eagerly waiting 😊