Article:All set to conquer hearts

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Born in a conservative Muslim family, Anas Rashid is making his presence felt in his role as the last Hindu ruler of Delhi — Prithviraj Chauhan. The handsome young man from Maler Kotla, Punjab, knows that he has some very big shoes to fill, after Rajat Tokas's successful tenure as the young Prithvi. But Anas, who oozes confidence and charm, knows this will be one of his best innings.

Q What is your take on playing the lead in the most successful historical on television?

I did not expect a role like this so early in my career. Whenever I watched historical movies like Braveheart, or Troy, I would be very inspired, but I never thought that I would be acting in one soon. It all happened too soon, after the auditions. I am proud and happy now, but I also feel the responsibility. Rajat Tokas did a very good job, and I have to maintain the TRPs and the fan following that he brought in — all the kids, older citizens, and, of course, the girls, who followed this serial because of Rajat.

Q What do you think of the fact that you are being touted as a newcomer, despite your stint with Balaji in Kahin Toh Hoga? Does that mean that you went unnoticed before this?

I am glad if it did. On television, an actor is known by the last role he played, and it becomes almost a permanent identity. I am glad that people have forgotten Karthik Ahluwalia, and now call me Prithviraj.

Q Girls say you are the most dishy dude on tv now? Did you work on your body for this show?

I was healthier than this. Since I had to play to role of a king in his late teens, I had to lose a lot of weight. Also, I had to match my physique

with Rajat's, so that there was not too much of a jerk in continuity.

Q Rajat was extremely popular. Were you apprehensive about comparisons?

I am sure that the audience will compare the two of us, but I have to work harder to avoid criticism. Since Rajat was a child artiste, many of his flaws may have been overlooked. As the senior Prithvi, I will not have such privileges. There was a lot to learn in the past few weeks — body language, horse riding, sword fighting, etc, and, of course, the accent in pure Hindi.

Q You are a post graduate in Psychology. Does this knowledge help in your acting?

A. an understanding of psychology is the icing on the cake. Your powers of observance and imbibing characteristics are enhanced. You know the mental state of the character, his expressions, and his mannerisms, how he will behave in certain situations, etc.

Q. Is there a singer hidden in you...

If I was not an actor, I would have been a singer. I was also into wrestling, when I was in Punjab, as well as body building and other sports. Strangely, I was never a part of any dramatic society, nor did I want to be an actor, till I won the Mr Punjab title in 2004. Offers for music videos came in, and one thing led to another, and here I am.

Q. What about your family? Were they supportive of your decision?

My immediate family — my parents, my sister and her husband, and my younger brother — were happy. However, as we live in a joint family, other relatives condemned the decision. In fact, we got our first television set at home house only six years ago, and that I am on screen so soon came as a huge shock to them all.

(SAMPURN)

Link:www.deccan.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jiya25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
He gave this interview at the very beginning. right after he made his entry...this is just a rehash.......and which girl called him dishy??? No one on this forum, that's for sure....
anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice interview...thanks for sharing wid us! 😃
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Born in a conservative Muslim family, Anas Rashid is making his presence felt in his role as the last Hindu ruler of Delhi — Prithviraj Chauhan. The handsome young man from Maler Kotla, Punjab, knows that he has some very big shoes to fill, after Rajat Tokas's successful tenure as the young Prithvi. But Anas, who oozes confidence and charm, knows this will be one of his best innings.

Q What is your take on playing the lead in the most successful historical on television?

I did not expect a role like this so early in my career. Whenever I watched historical movies like Braveheart, or Troy, I would be very inspired, but I never thought that I would be acting in one soon. It all happened too soon, after the auditions. I am proud and happy now, but I also feel the responsibility. Rajat Tokas did a very good job, and I have to maintain the TRPs and the fan following that he brought in — all the kids, older citizens, and, of course, the girls, who followed this serial because of Rajat.

Q What do you think of the fact that you are being touted as a newcomer, despite your stint with Balaji in Kahin Toh Hoga? Does that mean that you went unnoticed before this?

I am glad if it did. On television, an actor is known by the last role he played, and it becomes almost a permanent identity. I am glad that people have forgotten Karthik Ahluwalia, and now call me Prithviraj.

Q Girls say you are the most dishy dude on tv now? Did you work on your body for this show?

I was healthier than this. Since I had to play to role of a king in his late teens, I had to lose a lot of weight. Also, I had to match my physique

with Rajat's, so that there was not too much of a jerk in continuity.

Q Rajat was extremely popular. Were you apprehensive about comparisons?

I am sure that the audience will compare the two of us, but I have to work harder to avoid criticism. Since Rajat was a child artiste, many of his flaws may have been overlooked. As the senior Prithvi, I will not have such privileges. There was a lot to learn in the past few weeks — body language, horse riding, sword fighting, etc, and, of course, the accent in pure Hindi.

Q You are a post graduate in Psychology. Does this knowledge help in your acting?

A. an understanding of psychology is the icing on the cake. Your powers of observance and imbibing characteristics are enhanced. You know the mental state of the character, his expressions, and his mannerisms, how he will behave in certain situations, etc.

Q. Is there a singer hidden in you...

If I was not an actor, I would have been a singer. I was also into wrestling, when I was in Punjab, as well as body building and other sports. Strangely, I was never a part of any dramatic society, nor did I want to be an actor, till I won the Mr Punjab title in 2004. Offers for music videos came in, and one thing led to another, and here I am.

Q. What about your family? Were they supportive of your decision?

My immediate family — my parents, my sister and her husband, and my younger brother — were happy. However, as we live in a joint family, other relatives condemned the decision. In fact, we got our first television set at home house only six years ago, and that I am on screen so soon came as a huge shock to them all.

http://deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Wild% 20Entry:%20Balaji%20Dikhla%20Jaa
diya7000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Since Rajat was a child artiste, many of his flaws may have been overlooked

How he could say that 😡 .. Rajat was flawless.. 👏

anywayz thx for sharing
_SuMmEr_LoVe_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
"Girls say you are the most dishy dude on tv now....."

eewww........ how can people b so blind
(no offence to any1)
Dershna11 thumbnail
hey thnx 4 the interview 😊
MaaU thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diya7000

Since Rajat was a child artiste, many of his flaws may have been overlooked

How he could say that 😡 .. Rajat was flawless.. 👏

anywayz thx for sharing

Yeah tht guy😡 first he shud look wat is der in him then talk abt our Rajjy😳..........ahhhhhh 😡😡😡 WATEVA he thinks himself as😡

Originally posted by: Ron16

"Girls say you are the most dishy dude on tv now....."

eewww........ how can people b so blind
(no offence to any1)

True ppl r just gonn with sagar's who said this to him🤢

Edited by Innocent Ishita - 16 years ago
sanniya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
POSTED B4..... 😕
thnx newaz 😊
NOW ABT DAT STUPID MORON UGLY BORIN.*******
ALL THESE COMPLEMENTS R MADE FOR RAGII ....JUS RAGGI..COZ HES THE ONE WHO "Girls say you are the most dishy dude on tv now....." 😳 .....SO ANUS UNCLE GOING MAAAAAAD I DUN THNK DAT ....ANY SENSIBLE GUL CAN LYK HIM..... 😡
YEA BUT I DUNNU ABT MAAAAAAD PPLZ.... 😡