Pakistani Serials

Famous Artist Jumshed Ansari Passed Away!

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Assalam-o-alikum,

With a lot of sorrow, I have to inform you guys that a Legend of Pakistani Television, Jumshed Ansaari Passed away at his home in Karachi.

He was 60 years old.

Inna lillahi wa inna alaihi raji'oon

May his Soul rest in Peace.

More Details will be posted soon.

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samy74 thumbnail
Hi

Oh god what a sad news he acted is so many brilliant and classic dramas and until recentl featured is some too...May Allah rest his soul in peace..

Samy
amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Innallillahi wa innalleihi rajioon

It is a very sad new, He was just a great man and actor, I was just watching his drama Ankahi today... 😭
theone_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Innalillahi wa inna alaihi raji'oon

Allah in rooh ko salaamtio may laylay..
In kay baaray main zyada toh nahi jaanti par Allah hi behtar jaanta hai sab ka haal..

Saher..
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Inalilahe wa ina alihi rajion
May his Soul Rest In Peace
he was such a good actor, watched his lots of dramas
canadian01 thumbnail
inalilahe wa ina alihi rajeeion
oh my ALLAH i didn't know tht he was such a good actor i m shockedddd i can't belive tht

Eman
Jamshed Ansari passes away

By Our Staff Reporter

http://www.dawn.com/2005/08/25/top14.htm KARACHI, Aug 24: Leading performer Jamshed Ansari, whose light-hearted role of Hasnat Bhai catapulted him to stardom, died on Wednesday morning after a long battle with brain tumour. He was 60.

Mr Ansari, who was born in Saharanpur, India, has left his wife, two daughters and a son.

His Namaz-i-Janaza was offered at the Baitul Mukarram mosque in Gulshan-i-Iqbal and he was buried in the Khurshidpura graveyard in Hub.

Soyem will be held on Friday after the Asr prayers at the Baitul Mukarram mosque.

In a career spanning over 40 years, Mr Ansari has to his credit over 200 TV dramas, three films and many radio and stage plays.

While his first TV play was "Ghora ghans khata hai" (written by Agha Nasir), it was his role in "Uncle Urfi", in which he flicked a small, innocuous-looking knife and squeaked cheekily that "chakku hay merey pas", that made him a household name.

His last play for PTV was "Mah-i-Neem Shab" produced by Haider Imam Rizvi. PTV is telecasting his one of the last plays, "Chand Babu", these days.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/08/25/top14.htm

document.title = 'Jamshed Ansari dies - PakTribune';

Jamshed Ansari dies

Wednesday August 24, 2005 (0403 PST)

KARACHI, August 25 (Online): Pakistan Television's (PTV) celebrated comedian Jamshed Ansari left for his eternal abode early Wednesday morning at the age of 60, here.

The veteran actor performed in various legendary roles in various TV and Radio plays, in his long brilliant career. His funeral prayers were offered at Bait-ul-Mukaram mosque, Gulistan-e-Iqbal. Later the dead body was taken to Khurseed Pura graveyard where he was buried.

End.

http://paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=116723

Jamshed Ansari passes away

By our correspondent

KARACHI: Acclaimed TV artist Jamshed Ansari breathed his last in the early hours of Wednesday morning, succumbing to his almost six-month-old brain tumour. He was 63.

Jamshed Ansari's funeral prayer was offered after Zohar prayers at Masjid Baitul Mukkaram, where hundreds of people shouldered his coffin. He was laid to rest at his ancestral Khursheedpura graveyard, Hub area, in late afternoon.

Jamshed Ansari's funeral was a tearful event by all means as his contemporaries like Qazi Wajid, Shakeel and Munawwar Saeed were spotted with wet eyes. A large number of faithful gathered to offer his final prayers at Masjid Baitul Mukkaram.

Jamshed Ansari was born in 1942 and his family migrated to Pakistan. After his graduation, he left for London, where he spent some time with BBC, besides doing some courses on TV production. He staged Shaukat Thanvi's play 'Sunta Nahin Hoon Baat' in London.

Ansari returned to Pakistan in 1968 and started his acting career with a TV play Jharooka, and developed his acting stature as a matured comedian, oozing a peculiar charm in almost all of his earlier roles for PTV plays, particularly in Haseena Moin's 1976 Urdu play Uncle Urfi.

His refrain Chakoo Hai Mere Pas or I've a knife is still remembered by avid PTV viewers. "We have grown up watching his plays and the refrains he used to employ while acting were really refreshing ones," recalled a budding director Abu Zar. "His charm was akin to his own innocence."

Soyem for Ansari's departed soul would be held at Masjid Baitul Mukkaram after Friday prayers.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/aug2005-daily/25-08-2005/metr o/k5.htm