Meet Anas Rashid: The new Prithviraj

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Meet Anas Rashid: The new Prithviraj Chouhan

Anas Rashid, who made his debut as Kartik Ahuwalia in Kahin To Hoga, has a hard act to follow, replacing the much adored Rajat Tokas as the young Prithviraj Chouhan in the Star show. We speak to handsome actor from Malerkotla, Punjab for more on the show, his experiences and aspirations.

Q: What was your reaction after being selected to play this role?

A: I was amazed and shocked at the same time. I received a call from Sagar Arts and to be honest I was a bit skeptical about doing justice to this role. But I could not refuse the offer and now I'm enjoying my new role very much.

Q: How did you prepare for the role? Any research?

A: Not really. I had read his history in school and college books as I am an Arts graduate in History. It's quite interesting and adventurous. Things are going to be exciting in the serial too as Sanyogita's swayamwar is going to happen followed by the big battle of Mohd. Ghori.

Q. Have you met Rajat?

A. Yes, we did three press conferences together. I also observed him on shoot for 2-3 days to get a hang of his mannerisms and improvise on them as the senior Prithviraj. It was quite a challenge.

Q. There was a lot of speculation about Angad Bedi playing the senior Prithviraj Chouhan. What's your take on it?

A. Yes Angad was the first choice but then he went to London for some time. In the meantime, Rajat became increasingly popular so the adult Prithvi's introduction kept getting postponed. According to Meenakshi Sagar (writer) the replacement needed continuity in physical appearance. They must have thought that Angad would have suited the role then.

Q Tell us about your experiences while working in Baroda?

A: It's very hectic as there are no vanity vans or AC studios. We have to shoot in jungles, and remote areas. I did the stunts on my own too. You need a lot of will power and determination for this and I am happy I managed.

Q: You have worked with two different production houses now. Any vast differences?

Both are totally different. In Kahin To Hoga, I worked for 5 to 6 hours but here I'm slogging it out for 18 to 20 hours daily."

Q. Lastly, do you have aspirations to join Bollywood?

A. I want to act in Bollywood films, but it will not be my final destination. I also want to go to Hollywood (laughs), write scripts, but right now, I am concentrating solely on this role.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sword2exile thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey lubnavaishali,

thanx a lot for sharin dis article wid us 😳
CharmingSam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lubnavaishali

Q Tell us about your experiences while working in Baroda?

A: It's very hectic as there are no vanity vans or AC studios. We have to shoot in jungles, and remote areas. I did the stunts on my own too. You need a lot of will power and determination for this and I am happy I managed.

Q: You have worked with two different production houses now. Any vast differences?

Both are totally different. In Kahin To Hoga, I worked for 5 to 6 hours but here I'm slogging it out for 18 to 20 hours daily."

Q. Lastly, do you have aspirations to join Bollywood?

A. I want to act in Bollywood films, but it will not be my final destination. I also want to go to Hollywood (laughs), write scripts, but right now, I am concentrating solely on this role.

he want to play the roel prc  and want AC studios and vanity vans also .what did he do when he ws observing RT???

Sagars r not like ekta. Ekta has sm brains [ funny i m saying taht ] cz she rejected u later and sagars dont hv brain cz they accepted u😆

even he nos that he cabnt join hollywood [ he ws laughing ]😆

frend4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanxxxxxxxxx a lootttt 4 sharing.... 😊 😊
divingdolphin21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lubnavaishali

Q. Have you met Rajat?

A. Yes, we did three press conferences together. I also observed him on shoot for 2-3 days to get a hang of his mannerisms and improvise on them as the senior Prithviraj. It was quite a challenge.

He observed RT😆