Kamya Punjabi exits WRWMK

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

Kamya Punjabi exits 'Woh Rehne Wali Mehelon Ki'

The sultry actress has decided not to don a grandmother's get up in the Sahara One show Woh Rehene Wali mehelon Ki and has called it quits.

E-mail    5 Comment
< ="send_article.asp" method="post">
Email this Article [Hide]

From Email*

< name="from" size="40" ="text"> *

Seperate multiple addresses with commas(,)

To Email*

< name="to" size="40" ="text"> *

< name="message" cols="32" rows="4">

function reloadCAPTCHA() { document.getElementById('CAPTCHA').src='CAPTCHA/CAPTCHA_ image.asp?'+Date(); }

< name="securityCode" size="12" maxlength="12" autocomplete="off" ="text">

< name="Submit" value="Send Email Now!" ="submit"> < name="news_id" value="1218" ="">

Kamya Punjabi has exited Woh Rehene Wali Mehelon Ki. She is the second popular face to leave the serial after Amir Ali left it recently. The current story required her to become a grandmother, a role that she is not ready to don, yet.

'The story is moving to next generation. I am already a mother in law and now with the leap, I have to go grey and become a grandmother. But I was not comfortable doing that role,' states the talented actress matter of factly.
' As an actor, one needs to feel satisfied with whatever work one is doing. I don't work for money. Creative satisfaction is very important to me, and though the producers and the channel assured me that it will continue to be a very important role, I was not convinced,' affirms Kamya.
' I live my characters, get right under their skin. For that, I have to identify with the role. As of now, I am not comfortable playing a grandmother. I am not even a mom in my real life, how can even identify with being a grandma? ' she laughs.
Monday, October 29th was her last day of shooting. Kamya also plays Sindurra in the popular Zee TV Serial 'Banoo Main Teri Dulhan', where she personifies the word evil in her characterisation as the evil step sister. This intense actress has sure carved out a niche for herself in all the roles she has played and we wish her all the best.
Author: Minnie

Copyright india-forums.com
Date 11/1/2007 10:00:48 AM
User Rating (10 Votes)
  ~*puja*~, pop77, pinkdiamond, arwax, Charming*Angel, sweet_shagun, guess_gallery, thesaint148, *bunnybear*, lil_desi_goddes
Views 976

http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=1218
Edited by -Mystery- - 16 years ago