Rakhi’s classical act

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Rakhi's classical act

Ralkhi Sawant says that this Friday's episode was one of the toughest for her as she had to do an act filled with classical Indian dance moves – something she has never done before. And to make things more difficult she had to do it wearing heavy jewellery.

"Actually I had worn so much of jewellery as I was an apsara in the act. I was sitting ready right from morning and by the time I got to the dance floor it was close to ten hours later. Plus I am doing a classical dance and it's very difficult to dance Bharatnatyam," says Rakhi.

Learning classical dance well takes people years but the actress says she had to learn it in less than a week which made her very nervous. "It's not joke trying to do classical dance. I had to learn this in just three days! This Classical dance is learned from child hood and this I have done in three days but still I have performed. Can you imagine my state? I had jewellery from top to bottom," says the actress.

This week Rakhi's mum was also unwell which had perturbed the actress before her performance. "My mum was not on the set. She is unwell. I was very worried about her. The judges say that I was low on energy… but you tell me… my mum not well… having so much jewellery on and then having to do classical dance! How can I do it? But I guess its ok," says a dejected Rakhi.

Rakhi and Abhishek performed to the popular song Dafli Wale Daflee Bajaai and although the judges may have said that Sawant lacked energy the rousing applause she received from her fans on the set told a completely different story!

• Harshita Kohli
  • Thursday, October 25, 2007
  • source: www.indya.com