Medium doesn't matter: Sayantani

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
Medium doesn't matter: Sayantani
24 Oct 2007, 0000 hrs IST,ROSHNI K OLIVERA ,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
Sayantani (TOI Photo)
Sayantani Ghosh on moving from Bengali films to Hindi television.

Sayantani Ghosh's just back from Kolkata. She was there to celebrate Durga Pooja with her family. "I had a good time back home," she smiles.

Sayantani came to Mumbai a year-and-a-half ago, but in this short span the actress has managed to bag some interesting roles for herself in serials like Kumkum , Ghar Ek Sapna and now Naaginn . "I'm glad to have got a wide range of roles. My characters in all three shows have been very different from each other," she says.

Acting may never have been on her mind as a kid, but things just happened to her. In 2003 Sayantani was crowned Ms Kolkata and there was no looking back after that.

After many modelling assignments, she got into Bengali films. She acted in six Bengali films opposite Prasenjeet. But the actress has no qualms about the medium, whether movies or television. "The medium doesn't matter. It's quality work that I want to take up."

However her acting career in Mumbai happened by chance, she says. "I was here on a holiday. That's when I just casually went for the Kumkum audition. I bagged the role. Later I got the lead role of Kakul in Ghar Ek Sapna and more recently the character of Amrita in Naaginn."

In Naaginn she sports blue eyes, a look that is very different for her. "Oh! I love my blue eyes," she says. In current times where family dramas rule the roost, a show like Naaginn is off the beaten track, she agrees. "We are very happy with the response it has got. It is different from the current programming on television and I guess that's what the audiences liked," she feels.

While work's going great, what's on the personal front? "Work again," she smiles, not wanting to reveal anymore.
< =text/> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '< src=\"http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index./1'+RNS+'@Right3?\" WIDTH=255 HEIGHT=250 marginwidth=0 align="left" marginheight=0 =1 =0 border=0 scrolling=no bordercolor=\"#000000\"> </>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) be llyad.innerHTML = b2;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Med ium_doesnt_matter_Sayantani/articleshow/2483460.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 16 years ago
Interesting article, th title was cathcy too thansks